Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beta testers wanted. Laser host giveaway!

Late to the party, spots probably taken, but I have a nice 445nm diode itching for a host such as this. :)

You have a price for these puppies?

Last edited:
It may be a good idea when you choose your builder that he has some
test equipment to note things like....

1) power output Cold
2) power output Hot
3) current draw H/C
4) max temp of barrel head after XX time
5) ?????

You know... just some basics to compare...
(Still a good idea to send out samples)

BTW.... I'd go with any of the top reputable builders on the Forum...

Jerry

Last edited:
I'd be in to help - I have a LPM btw and a 8x/445

Let me know if you need my help

Rob

Asherz

I'd be interested in helping out :)

I have a cannon EOS 20D camera, and enough build experience to put it together. I'd probably go with another 445nm build, be willing to push this one upto around 1.1A to test heatsinking abilities etc. Currently have one running at 650mA.

I enjoy writing reviews as well, so I could spend time writing one up after putting a build together with it.

Nice host from what I can see by the pictures, looks like you've put a lot of time and effort into getting them built :)

pHeneX

I would put a 445 or 12x in it if you choose me :)
I'm looking for a host which is good for +1.5A with the 445..
I (my brother) have a good SLR camera for makro shots.
Also got a IR thermometer for measuring temps, have several lenses laying around (405/650-G-1,AixiZ Glass/405nm coated) 3 different drivers (Flex, MicroBoost, rckstr) and last but not least good building skills IMO.

Peace :)

I recommend Daguin, Flaminpyro, Jayrob, HumanSymphony, Sytropyro, RA Pierce, hakzaw1, Kenom, Dr Lava, Lasersbee, Nikokapo, Elektrofreak, or Hemlock Mike.

Hemlock Mike is close by...

Last edited:
I'd be interested in helping out :)

I have a cannon EOS 20D camera, and enough build experience to put it together. I'd probably go with another 445nm build, be willing to push this one upto around 1.1A to test heatsinking abilities etc. Currently have one running at 650mA.

I enjoy writing reviews as well, so I could spend time writing one up after putting a build together with it.

Nice host from what I can see by the pictures, looks like you've put a lot of time and effort into getting them built :)

You have a CANNON camera? Does is shoot pictures?

You have a CANNON camera? Does is shoot pictures?

I C WAT U DID THAR.

Quick, guards, seize this man! Have him hung, drawn and quoted!. But first, three weeks of pun-itive labor in the coal mines!

Benm

I'd be able to test too - i'm not much of a buff in mechanics, but do have the gear to measure power, electrical resistances in threads/connections, temperature etc. If i get a diode installed in them, probably anyone could, which would be a good thing ;)

As far as hosts go i'm fairly critical though - i like things that support continous operation, at least from diodes like LOC's. The host is probably way to small to run a 445 at full power continously, but thats a fair trade off unless you want to lug around a 4D maglite ;)

I have a 445 and a Lava Boost but you have so many takers now!!! They are all good builders.

HMike

I think I'm going to go with Dave and Mike on this one, look for a PM from me guys.

If the testing goes well, I'll be starting a naming contest so stay posted to my threads!

Morgan

Hey Pontiac,

I know you're in the US but another UK volunteer here.

I have the necessary equipment to test optical, electrical and surface heat outputs. And, being somewhat of picky engineer will give an opinion on general improvements, (I saw one from the photos that I would suggest but didn't want to mention it as it's your baby).

Got enough 445s here to punish one. I also have good camera skills with my Canon 30D, (sorry Asherz, couldn't resist!), with macro lenses and flashes, (I think you may have seen some of my general shots in the multimedia section from a UK laser meet)

I've just finished a scratch built 8x in a small host that will be posted later to show my building and other photo skills.

Good luck to all, (but most to me! :na: )

M
:)