Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best place for 18650 Li-ion batteries

Dirac

So I got my lasers in today from laserlands. But I was a moron and didn't order batteries from them (figured incorrectly that they would be supplied since they were in the photos of the product.)

Thus I drove up to the specialty battery store down the road and asked if they carried the 18650 li ion cell...no luck (they had no idea what it was). Same answer at radio shack.

So where would be the best place to pick these up quickly? Having them laying around is killing me and I really dont want to wait another 3 weeks to order them from china.

P.S. The 405nm blue (20mW 2 in 1 Blue Violet Purple Laser Pointer with a Star Cap - $23.00 : Laserlands) works great and clocked in at ~23-25 mw. SO up to spec which has me hopeful for the rest of the fun.

Dirac;

I have Panasonic #18650 batteries and chargers in stock.

Most chinese lithiums I have tested are of poor quality.

Link in Signature at bottom.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
the flashlight and RC hobby enthusiasts seem to have the best batteries, if any of you are members of other forums, give 'em a shot. Personally, I just get used 18650's, recycle the ones I don't deem worthy, and keep the rest :p 'Cause hey, free batteries!

Get some batteries from Larry!
I own a few and each charge lasts much longer than the Chinese "TrustFire" 18650s I own. And they are protected!

Wow, Larry's got some good cells! I have the old-style samsungs, probably LiCo chemistry. Larry, do you know what chemistry those use? I know the CGR in CGR18650 denotes something, I just can't find that chart that I had seen about the Li-Ion Prefixes.

mfo

Damn Larry, too bad you don't have any 10440's that had PCB. I hate these cheap Chinese Li-Ions :'(

Do you need a special charger for higher quality batteries you sell Larry, or will the typical 18650 charger work?

Tech Junkie;

The standard #18650 charger will work just fine.

I have tested a few for charging voltage,
and selected one that does a good job.

A photo of it is in my signature link.

LarryDFW

Hi, guys
Sorry about the inconvenience.
we usually do not include battery into a laser product package to reduce the risk of confiscation by customs or post office. you know batteries are usually not allowed by shippers or customs.
so i suggest buy battery locally or domestically
BTW, laserlands laser pens are over 90% over spec. there is none 5mw laser pointer pen actually to be honest
Merry

So I got my lasers in today from laserlands. But I was a moron and didn't order batteries from them (figured incorrectly that they would be supplied since they were in the photos of the product.)

Thus I drove up to the specialty battery store down the road and asked if they carried the 18650 li ion cell...no luck (they had no idea what it was). Same answer at radio shack.

So where would be the best place to pick these up quickly? Having them laying around is killing me and I really dont want to wait another 3 weeks to order them from china.

P.S. The 405nm blue (20mW 2 in 1 Blue Violet Purple Laser Pointer with a Star Cap - $23.00 : Laserlands) works great and clocked in at ~23-25 mw. SO up to spec which has me hopeful for the rest of the fun.

Yeah, I recently shipped two lasers with batteries to UK and they told me I can only ship batteries via surface mail in the post office.
You ship airmail, right, Merry?

Here is another good charger for the 18650 cell's, it' rated at 1000ma so it will get your cell's back to the top faster ! if you need one drop me a line each one comes with a new hand made laser or laser kit :tinfoil:
k1xuhe.jpg

The Absolute best place for 18650s is to take a friend's laptop, remove the battery, get a hammer and a screwdriver.....you see where this is going, of course you do! Towards high quality Panasonic cells!!!