Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Been like 7 years since I was last here. What are some good diode sources nowadays

rathat

I haven't been here for a long time! I don't know if any of the old guys are even here anymore.

Anyway, looking to put together a 445 laser right now. I have a case and everything for it, but what are some good resources available for diodes, moduals, drivers, things like that.

Welcome back to the fold....
You have 7 years of Posts to catch up
on...:beer:

Jerry

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back to the forum rathat. I vaguely remember that name from when I used to just browse the forum. There are a few old timers still posting on here.
We have so many new diodes available to us now. Including cheap cyans. There are also now cheap lime green/yellow dpss's available to us. :)

Off topic, but that felt good taking an old member from a rep power of just 10 to 100K+. :p

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back, rathat! :beer:
Seven years is a long time, there are a lot of new affordable wavelengths available, as Encap has mentioned, DTR's site is the place to start your search. :yh:
There are still a few of the old timers around, and some others that just pop back in from time to time.

@Curtis, that's funny, you just gave out more +rep at once than in 10 previous years!

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I sure did. :D
What else I noticed is how small 100K looks now.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Rathat in 2010 had 10 rep power. He has now got an extra 241534 in one day. :p

Welcome back, rathat. Man have you got some catching up to do. Things are much different than they were 7 years ago. Depending on what you are looking for, the chances are good that you will find it now. :yh:

Encap

Rathat in 2010 had 10 rep power. He has now got an extra 241534 in one day. :p

Now an extra 405,881 extra.

It's possible he could get 1,000,000 in a day :crackup:

Would certainly be a peerless/nonpareil Welcome Back -- unrivaled and beyond any prior LPF welcome back

Last edited:
Four of us with over 10 million rep points have repped him so far today. A few others have too. That is quite a welcome back.

Encap

Four of us with over 10 million rep points have repped him so far today. A few others have too. That is quite a welcome back.

I would say so....now 8 senior members with 10 million + have given him Welcome Back +reps which is an unheard of never done before hearty high rep Welcome Back.

If rathat checks in before another 7 years and recognizes that his rep level of 10 has gone up a bit perhaps he will become a contributing returning member.

Last edited:
Perhaps. It remains to be seen. I did rep him at your request, Encap, so I hope you are right. ;)

Hi, What contributions has he made to the forum after eight years or before? To come back and ask a ? about a 445nm diode. maybe I'm missing something here. tell me if I'm wrong please LPF.. I'll leave it at that can someone shed some light here?

Rich:)

Welcome back, rathat! :beer:
as Encap has mentioned, DTR's site is the place to start your search. :yh:

Ditto on DTF
He is probably the best place, at least to start.

I've bought more stuff from him than I want to admit.

Reactions: GSS