Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam Shots - 477nm Custom Built by Billy.

It was my birthday today (51), so after the fantastic BBQ dinner that my family gave me,
I decided to take some quick beam shots of this beautiful
Custom built 477nm with Battery monitor by Billy to finish off the evening.
It was mentioned in another thread earlier today so that reminded me to take some shots.
Hope you enjoy.

:beer:

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0035.jpg

and the obligatory graffiti shot:

DSCN0037.jpg

The opaque water tank was fair game:

DSCN0040.jpg

and a close-up shot:
Kinda reminds me of that great fluorescence UV + Tonic Water quinine trick.

DSCN0043.jpg

Reactions: GSS

Beautiful :) I do love seeing a nice beam shoot into the night sky, if I couldn't do that, more than half of my enjoying of this hobby wouldn't exist.

Happy birthday old man... 51, over half a century, old as the hills twice as dusty.

BobMc

51, As Alaskan said, your over the hill, ready for some Depends, Similac, a walker with the kamode, false teeth and a glass eye.

Wait a minite.

I'm older than that.

Can I get a "do over"?

On second thought "howdy youngster"!

Ps, nice beam shots, hope everybody enjoyed them and you had a nice party. :)

Last edited:
Hi Andrew,
happy B Day glad you enjoyed the day buddy , nice beams from BBB's build he does nice work. Hope its warm there here in the east where i am this morning is 22 Degrees. Warm oatmeal today for the chickens treat.. Ill PM you later ...

Rich:)

Happy Birthday Andrew, have a good one! :beer: :beer:

PS..
Your B Day present didn't catch the plane yet :shhh:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Happy 51st birthday Andrew! :wave:

Those are some nice beams, have fun and enjoy that 477nm from Billy! :yh:

Oh thanks guys.
It was a great day and topped off by a lovely night outside with this beautiful WL.
I can't imagine how nice the 488nm will be.
Billy's shipped it so it'll arrive soon.

Hey mate,

Happy Birthday buddy, Nice photos the divergence is very decent on that laser, but wait till you see the divergence on the 488, As for wavelength I prefer this 477 just a stunning sky blue, Looks like the voltmeter is very similar wavelength to the diode in these pics, nice buddy!

Hey mate,

Happy Birthday buddy, Nice photos the divergence is very decent on that laser, but wait till you see the divergence on the 488, As for wavelength I prefer this 477 just a stunning sky blue, Looks like the voltmeter is very similar wavelength to the diode in these pics, nice buddy!

Thanks Billy, it was a nice birthday party.
I can't wait till tomorrow or Tuesday when the 488nm will arrive.
I'll be able to compare them but I suspect that I too will like the 477, it's a beautiful blue hue indeed.

Yes, the voltmeter is close to the 477 WL especially in person.
Even though the iPhone doesn't show the WL that accurately it does an ok job.

Here's another shot showing both WL and Voltmeter for comparison.

IMG_5537.JPG

IMG_5537.JPG
[/QUOTE]

See, this is what I'm talking about. That display.. it's fitment, seamless integration and tasteful size proportion to the rest of the unit.. and the little details like the near/or matching WL of the LED's shade of blue with that of the diode's output.. everything about it exudes an air of simplicity, purpose, bullshitlessness and the highest degree of design-material-build quality; aesthetically in a class of it's own... just dirty dirty sickness right there. If anyone who owns that unit at any point in the future considers silk-screening anything on to it.. the word "volts" under the display, the phrase "I'm with awesome" (with an arrow pointing to itself), Calvin pissing on another laser pointer.. anything.. I will do my best to have an attorney find a way to stop you.

Last edited:

BobMc

I agree with aaronnoraa. That is a beauitful picture RB. I think it would make great full sized picture.

Theirs just something about it that screams class. :gj:

Hi
Appreciate the nice words, I’ll be honest and say that when I did that valt display cutout I didn’t even have my mill and it was done drilling small holes then bigger holes then popping the 5mm of alloy out and I had 9 fractured ribs from a car accident so I had 2 weeks to file away and that is the reason it is so spot on. The volt metre was pushed in from the inside out like it was mean to be!

BobMc

That is one beautiful build Billy. Tried to rep you, but got the dreaded "you got to spread some around message" but I will when I can. Once again :gj:

Hi
Appreciate the nice words, I’ll be honest and say that when I did that valt display cutout I didn’t even have my mill and it was done drilling small holes then bigger holes then popping the 5mm of alloy out and I had 9 fractured ribs from a car accident so I had 2 weeks to file away and that is the reason it is so spot on. The volt metre was pushed in from the inside out like it was mean to be!

Wow I didn't know that Billy.
Makes it even more special to me.
I think I have about a dozen of your beautiful works of art so far.