Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BDR diode harvest?

So people here hate me (see reps) because I ask too many questions that have already been answered... so before creating this post I have searched in google, in the forum and more.

where can I get a BDR-S06J diode harvest?

Oh sorry. I didn't realize. I'll look around a bit and if I find anything I'll let you know. :beer:

Blord

You have to get it out yourself. Nobody is buying just a bare BR diode unless it is from a very thustworthy person.

If you can build a laser, harvesting a diode from a sled is just a piece of cake.

I don't wanna take the chance of destroying it.
Last time I harvest an LPC and it worked great, but the diode was not working when connected to voltage :(

DTR

I have a S06J in a module with leads for $65 if you want it.:beer:

Last edited:
if you ask for 'a diode harvest' you are asking for a sled- getting another to pull the diode from it for you is do-able but why??
there are may tutorials about that subject.
Ever been to the library?
You need to look for your own book and read it yourself-
you can get some direction from the librarians... but if you just walked in and announced that you wanted the book handed to you or worse just the needed info read to you -- you would get the same reaction you get here-- those who get spoonfed tend to expect that, which is not realistic.

FAQ-asked and answered--etc .. we just get a bit tired of the same old questions again and again-- use the search feature.. not there? ===try different search terms.
make some friends here and PM them for help.

ps... if you just 'added power' to a diode then you did not read enough before you started. diodes die quick if not all precautions are followed. Much better to learn all this before you go messing about with 50$+ diodes.

Even without screw-ups this 'hobby' is expensive--go slow- learn before you leap-be humble and say thanks when you get help- your neg-rep will, in time, go away.

GL

hak

^^ Your comment really helped me, thanks! ^^

When I pulled out my LPC, I connected a 60 ohm resistor to it and then to 6V to give it about 50-100mA. It emitted a really dim light.
then, I set the LM317 Driver to 250mA and hooked it up with the diode. It emmited no light at all. what does that mean?

Just buy from DTR okay , then you are sure that you will get a working diode setup in a lil host with wires. you PAY for the work and effort he did for us ;)

Nooooooooo
if I wanna use the sweet stainless steel host from Jay I gotta have the diode alone with no module and no wires.

DTR

Nooooooooo
if I wanna use the sweet stainless steel host from Jay I gotta have the diode alone with no module and no wires.

Why is it a direct press heatsink? If not it will work just fine.:beer:

Pics of what you have will help you get good answers.

Jay does great work. Check for tutorials on your build. When in doubt wait until you are sure. Hope it comes together for you. good luck

hak