Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery stuck in the barrel of laser pointer......

Warske

Re: Battery stuck in the barrel of laser pointer..

the human race is doomed

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
I have an idea.
This won't get the batteries out, but you could always use alligator clips or magnets to attach to the charger to charge the batteries inside of the barrel. That way you won't need to get the battery out ;) ;D

LOL, I haven't even thought of that yet. Was doing weird stuff, the clip of the barrel fell off, there's those 2 slits, I can see the battery moving around. I tried taking a needle, because it's the only small object that fits in there. I tried pushing down abit on the battery, didn't really do anything. The needle is too weak, bends too easily because of how it's placed through the slit. :-/

Dammit, I'm starting to think of busting the whole thing. :-?

HumanSymphony said:
I have a feeling that it is the clip protruding out inside the barrel. That is exactly what it looks like.

I removed the clip now. Still trapped in there.

It is quite surprising how, what are supposed to be the same batteries, vary in size depending on the manufacturer, I found that only duracells would get stuck in on of my DX greenies. They only needs a good tap to get them out though.

Regards rog8811

When I told Susie about my problem, she just lol'd and told me out of all the years she's been with customer service, she has never heard of such thing. Neither have I. :p She did tell me there's like nothing in the barrel that's important. And I never really got to take a good look inside it. So I don't really know what's in there.

Heating the barrel would work but it would have to extremely hot to make a difference. If you could get to a at least over 100 degrees you might get lucky. Problem is you could mess up the laser doing that as the heat will transfer to the diode/module (not sure which is used here) too.

If you could just remove the head it would be easy. It's probably a laser module that was that used. If the head comes off with the module and driver it would be easy. Then you would left with the lone barrel and could easily force the battery out.

laser83 said:
Heating the barrel would work but it would have to extremely hot to make a difference. If you could get to a at least over 100 degrees you might get lucky. Problem is you could mess up the laser doing that as the heat will transfer to the diode/module (not sure which is used here) too.

If you could just remove the head it would be easy. It's probably a laser module that was that used. If the head comes off with the module and driver it would be easy. Then you would left with the lone barrel and could easily force the battery out.
I think it's one of those pointers that the battery compartment unscrews from the middle.

Hey KBoiiPop,
I have another solution. I have one of these battery compartments that looks exactly like yours, I'll sell it to you. PM me if you are interested :)

Warske

I can't stand it!

Here's what you do:

Tap it on the table so that the battery goes up into the tube away from the open end.

Now do this (see Rocket_Science.jpg) really hard, and the battery will come shooting out.

If that doesn't work, put a 5 inch extender tube on the open end and slam the new open end on the table a few times.  I can tell you an easy way to make the extender tube.

Attachments

• Rocket_Science.jpg
    Rocket_Science.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 337

Warske

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
He already tried that. :-/
No, he said he banged it on the table and the battery bounced back up inside.  This has the battery over the edge of the table, and it falls on the floor.  End of problem. And he didn't try the extension tube.

on my dx greenie which seems just like yours, the silver threaded piece in the middle of the pointer is simply wedged into the back end cap. i sat on my laser and it pulled it out a bit from the back piece.

try tightening it closed and prying back and forth on it (sideways from the button so you dont push the button in hard) and see if it will start to separate between the silver ring and the back end.

DSC00181.jpg

mine cae apart after some careful prying back and forth
DSC00182.jpg

i can't guarantee yours will come apart that easy, but it might

The battery won't get it's ass out :-? And I tried something similar, I took the open end and pounded it on one of my dumbbell weights. (the weights itself, not the bar :eek:) Sometimes I can hear it move around, sometimes it just gets stuck at that connecting piece. Like in sagi's second photo.

I'm going to hand it over to my mom so she can solder something to it, or get w.e. glue her workplace provides.

I'll get back to you guys afterwards. If all fails, I'll pry it open and take it out.

If you really need that battery out I wouldn't cut anything open! If your mother solders the battery, the laser is toast. Last idea if you still want to try methods is to use a drill and drill right through the battery.

KBoiiPop said:
The battery won't get it's ass out  :-? And I tried something similar, I took the open end and pounded it on one of my dumbbell weights. (the weights itself, not the bar  :eek:)  Sometimes I can hear it move around, sometimes it just gets stuck at that connecting piece. Like in sagi's second photo.

I'm going to hand it over to my mom so she can solder something to it, or get w.e. glue her workplace provides.

I'll get back to you guys afterwards. If all fails, I'll pry it open and take it out.
Did you see my offer? ;)
I have one of these battery compartments exactly like yours, let me know if you want it!

Why is the laser toast if she solders to the battery? :-?

Warske

KBoiiPop said:
...sometimes it just gets stuck at that connecting piece. Like in sagi's second photo.... If all fails, I'll pry it open and take it out.
Well, here is another idea I haven't seen suggested:  If the battery really is stuck on the silver colored insert, you can use a dremel tool or similar (even a file) and carve some metal off the inside of that insert to make its inside diameter larger.