Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery stuck in the barrel of laser pointer......

Re: Battery stuck in the barrel of laser pointer..

GooeyGus said:
Why is the laser toast if she solders to the battery?  :-?

I added some Adhesive DP-460 glue to the battery attached to some wooden dowel that just fits in the barrel with any problems. Going to wait till morning, (EST) till I try anything. Only applied a small portion of glue, didn't want it to stick to the sides of the barrel yet. Might need more if it doesn't work. If heated, might only take half an hour to dry. But meh, don't want to own the battery. And the battery is in the side with the empty barrel, not with the diode.  ;D

Link to glue I used:
http://www.ellsworth.com/display/productdetail.html?productid=1224

or/and

http://www.rshughes.com/products/021200_41644.html

Warske said:
[quote author=KBoiiPop link=1240966480/20#27 date=1241085401]...sometimes it just gets stuck at that connecting piece. Like in sagi's second photo.... If all fails, I'll pry it open and take it out.
Well, here is another idea I haven't seen suggested:  If the battery really is stuck on the silver colored insert, you can use a dremel tool or similar (even a file) and carve some metal off the inside of that insert to make its inside diameter larger.
[/quote]

Sorry for double post but, I tried something similar, I used some sharp objects, and crafting tools, and eventually I gave up because it was taking too long and it kept slipping. Also the metal bits were annoying, all over the place :eek:

Try removing the pocket clip.
The battery could be stuck on that.
You just need to stick the blade of a knife under the back of the clip and pry it up. It comes off easily and can be popped back into place.

pierce said:
Try removing the pocket clip.
You just need to stick the blade of a knife under the back of the clip and pry it up. It comes off easily and can be popped back into place.

Thank you, but didn't help ;D

KBoiiPop said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1240966480/20#30 date=1241139647]Why is the laser toast if she solders to the battery?  :-?

I added some Adhesive DP-460 glue to the battery attached to some wooden dowel that just fits in the barrel with any problems. Going to wait till morning, (EST) till I try anything. Only applied a small portion of glue, didn't want it to stick to the sides of the barrel yet. Might need more if it doesn't work. If heated, might only take half an hour to dry. But meh, don't want to own the battery. And the battery is in the side with the empty barrel, not with the diode.  ;D

Link to glue I used:
http://www.ellsworth.com/display/productdetail.html?productid=1224

or/and

http://www.rshughes.com/products/021200_41644.html

[/quote]

Did not work, mom is just going to get a different type of glue. The dam barrel is small, so I can't put too much or it'll stick to the whole thing.

KBoiiPop said:
[quote author=pierce link=1240966480/20#34 date=1241149090]Try removing the pocket clip.

Thank you, but didn't help  ;D[/quote]

You're welcome ;D

Maybe you can use a small paperclip to fit into the slit for the pocket clip and push the battery out.
Maybe?

ok it may be a little dangerous but i would drill it with a 1/4 bit then use a easy out to remove it :-?

anyone think i'm crazy :-?

I used a needle since it fit, paper clip was just abit too big. I had like 2 needles in each slit, making it a total of 4. I pushed on all 4 needles, didn't really seem to be working. All the power just gets distributed all over the place :p And the slit gives it a weird angle. I tried, I tried. And again, thanks for everyones suggestions/advice.

John Lawson said:
ok it may be a little dangerous but i would drill it with a 1/4 bit then use a easy out to remove it  :-?

anyone think i'm crazy  :-?

LOL. I was thinking of that, but I'm not quite sure how rechargeable batteries work, (the reaction) and if it would leak or anything. I doubt I'll do that  :D But if nothing works, I'll give it a try and see what will happen.  ;D

If you are going to drill something drill the rear cap of the laser barrel (if it is the DX type... same as the photo's posted earlier). That way you will not knacker the battery and if it gets stuck again you can push it out again.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• drill_here.jpg
    drill_here.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 116

GooeyGus said:
Why is the laser toast if she solders to the battery?  :-?

Because it's something I'd do and with my luck I'd end up touching it with another battery and killing the diode!  ;D

It just seems like a risky idea but you are right because a soldering iron doesn't transmit electricity just heat.

John Lawson said:
ok it may be a little dangerous but i would drill it with a 1/4 bit then use a easy out to remove it  :-?

anyone think i'm crazy  :-?

Great minds think alike...  :D That's what I was thinking early on in this thread just thought it might be risky but I think cells are inside of battery so what's the harm?

Have you tried a magnet?
That seems to me the most simple and clean solution