Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Banning Arenared?

Ban Arenared?

• Yes

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Give serious warning

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaseth

The only reason the thread got out of hand was that Arenared started insulting people, sending out threats and being disrespectful in general already a few days after he was un-banned and we had all agreed with Avery in giving him another chance.
He then stepped over the line about 15 times more, Avery banned him (thank you oh greatest ever admin), and now people are rejoicing. Even the extremely patient and calm members were sick of him.
IMO, while I would have preferred for Arenared to just change his attitude and stay, this thread was still a great success. In the end we got rid of a problem.

Seb

daguin

Karma gets the best of all of us, that's why it's always a good practice to be nice to others

karma.png

Yeah -- It can be . . . . .

Peace,
dave

OK how did you do it?

EDIT: Never mind...I figured it out.
Don't mind the language or the racial references.......if you don't like it, I will remove it. :)

Last edited:
You guys baited him. You made a thread about banning him and you expect him to calmly troll? Then you all complain about him freaking out. Duh, what did you expect? He was trying to do better, but its kind of hard when you make a thread like this. Please don't act surprised.

No one's surprised. Good riddance. All I can say is finally.. I fully support any baiting that occurred, whatever it took. I firmly believe with every fiber of my being that he served no purpose here except to cause problems. You see the vote. That's what should have taken precedence from square one. If the majority votes that someone should be banned, that's how it should be.

daguin

OK how did you do it?

EDIT: Never mind...I figured it out.
Don't mind the language or the racial references.......if you don't like it, I will remove it. :)

That is one of my favorites of all time

I hadn't seen it with a transcript before. My copy is just the audio.

Peace,
dave

All I'm saying is he should have been given a better second chance. I was given a few. Hey I have no love for him, but its a freakin forum. You have to take the good with bad. At least you could of gave him a little more time.

You guys baited him. You made a thread about banning him and you expect him to calmly troll? Then you all complain about him freaking out. Duh, what did you expect? He was trying to do better, but its kind of hard when you make a thread like this. Please don't act surprised.

I read the entire thread and that is exactly what it sounded like.

No one's surprised. Good riddance. All I can say is finally.. I fully support any baiting that occurred, whatever it took. I firmly believe with every fiber of my being that he served no purpose here except to cause problems. You see the vote. That's what should have taken precedence from square one. If the majority votes that someone should be banned, that's how it should be.

Sorry for the double post.

I think your a bit too old to be acting the way you do. im a bit older myself so i would expect you to be a bit more mature.

Jaseth

Trust me TJ, you wouldn't be saying he should have been given more time if you had seen the PMs he was sending and what he wrote in several threads before editing his messages into "Nice Work" 6 times in a row.
We had agreed to let it rest and give him a second chance and there was no "baiting", as you call it, after that.
Unless someone has sent a really nasty PM that we do not know about, his offensive behaviour and threats kicked off by themselves almost immediately after he was let back on.

No offense GreenMachine, but you cannot judge the situation solely from this thread. What he wrote here was the words of an innocent angel compared to what he posted other places.
My intention was not to bait him either, though I can see how the thread may have done that initially. I basically thought "Hey, Arenared has been trashing a lot of the threads I have read recently, I wonder how many people actually think he should be banned?"
Turns out it was the large majority.

Seb

that is what im saying too.. if there is no Flamming.. there is no Re-action....

Ofcourse Arenared will react..

and the complains rain down...

if Arenared still PM's you guys why dont you post it here so others can see,

the issue here is not about arenared being bad or what,

the issue here is that this thread caused him to react..

well of course how would you feel if people will talk against you on a thread?

You will react...

then you will got banned..

Jaseth

matrixcs, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Arenared wasn't banned because of this thread or anything he said in it. He was banned because he, despite getting banned and warned by Avery, continued to trash other threads and threaten several members. This thread was a discussion where people could say if they wanted him banned or not and Arenared could defend himself. He was not banned because of the poll showing that people wanted it to happen, nor was he banned because he defended himself here. He was banned because he continued acting the way he had done MONTHS before this thread was ever created. If I had never started it, there would still be enough complaints about him for c0ld to step in.

Also, even in the case that he was banned because we "baited" him, which is not what happened, he would still be reacting rediculously. If most of the forum you are on complains about you and the admin warns you, you shouldn't respond by calling everyone names and getting angry. As Dave said, he is a hood rat and no matter what he had done wrong he would always respond by doing more wrong and not regretting his actions for a second. I don't know about you, but I think most people in here do not want such a person to be a member.

Why is it so difficult to understand?

Last edited:
matrixcs, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Arenared wasn't banned because of this thread or anything he said in it. He was banned because he, despite getting banned and warned by Avery, continued to trash other threads and threaten several members. This thread was a discussion where people could say if they wanted him banned or not and Arenared could defend himself. He was not banned because of the poll showing that people wanted it to happen, nor was he banned because he defended himself here. He was banned because he continued acting the way he had done MONTHS before this thread was ever created. If I had never started it, there would still be enough complaints about him for c0ld to step in.

Also, even in the case that he was banned because we "baited" him, which is not what happened, he would still be reacting rediculously. If most of the forum you are on complains about you and the admin warns you, you shouldn't respond by calling everyone names and getting angry. As Dave said, he is a hood rat and no matter what he had done wrong he would always respond by doing more wrong and not regretting his actions for a second. I don't know about you, but I think most people in here do not want such a person to be a member.

Why is it so difficult to understand?

is that so? well thanks for explaining... that part is what i dont know... but seriously, I want to know where did it really begin?? what really did made everything, or what is the start of the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.