Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Banned For Humor and Parody Thread

Seems there are a few humorless/misanthropic adolescents and moderators on the forum here. All my threads have been deleted. If this one disappears, it'll be more proof. Just delete my entire profile then. OBEY.

I'll bet every single Chinese brother thought it was funny.

Definitely no freedom of speech here. And donations continue to dwindle.
Let me give you a life lesson, kids. Don't take yourselves so seriously.
At least Laser Chick, Moruus and World's Coolest Lasers already know this.

Well, BYE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Definitely no freedom of speech here.
Seriously, freedom of speech. There is freedom of speech but you have to watch what you are saying. No matter what, it doesn't give you the right to defame and insult others. You want to insult? Don't spread it around in the internet, keep it offline. Why dont you just think of what you have said and not push all the blame to the mods

Last edited:
200w.gif

You have no clue about how to be a laser community member.

First off, I seen both your threads. You were not funny. I laughed more yesterday clipping my toe nails than reading your thread. I doubt very seriously you even own a real laserpointer with over 1mw. But I wish you well.

Also, one more offensive point to address before I go: your ostentatious text and avatar. Some of us are browsing this board in a child-friendly environment, so show respect in the future. Good luck.

Last edited:
Wasn't one of your threads just spam?

You can't expect to have good relations with people on here if you go around insulting them.

-Alex

APEX1

Seems there are a few humorless/misanthropic adolescents and moderators on the forum here. All my threads have been deleted. If this one disappears, it'll be more proof. Just delete my entire profile then. OBEY. Definitely no freedom of speech here.

LPF does not have to respect your freedom of speech. your posts are a waste of space man why cant you see the bigger picture? Not trying to be mean or hurtful but THIS is not a comedian forum!!!!

Last edited:
Oh cyp your gifs are always perfect. But yea the thread was sort of entertaining i guess. Not really comment worthy and it had no useful info. So i could see why it was taken down.

Last edited:

ARG

...I must have missed the background for this thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just popping in to say this.
Definitely no freedom of speech here.

Correct. No freedom of speech here at all.

Free speech is not protected on private websites. The moderators here can remove inappropriate posts without violating anyone's right to free speech. Free speech means the government can't arrest you for what you say; it doesn't mean that anyone has to listen to your bullshit or host you while you share it.

Last edited:
All your threads were annoying and useless anyway. Also, use white text, no need to be a special snowflake.

Good riddance! You wont be missed...
-everybody

It happens, how you learn from it or react to it is totally up to you.
The other day I saw that my post count dropped & I saw that it was because of a safety concern. I did something within my level of laser knowledge, a ton of research and only after consultation with 2 different professionals also. It turned out fine and I posted about it here on the forum in a certain thread.
If somebody read the post and tried it, they could cause great harm to themselves if not done correctly so the mods removed several of my posts and changed the wording around to a large degree in the post that they allowed to remain.
I saw that, no PMs sent either way, no flaming, I immediately understood their reasoning >safety< and I went on with my day with no hard feelings towards anyone. All is good.

sinner

It doesnot matter if you are politically correct or you have freedom of speech, I am guessing your are way too socially incompatible to understand all of what EVERYONE is trying to say to you.. be polite and if something hurts your feelings, get over it its the internet and there are just as many people with freedom of speech and you're not the only one who has it..

ped

How did you post this if you were banned? :whistle:

We have nothing against humorous & parody posts here, just put them in the right section.

I deleted you're post history yesterday so no one could see what a plonker you were being...I was doing you a favor, and here you are, un-doing all my hard work.

Well done.

I was looking for "Sinner," interesting moniker, and it seems I have stumbled into the words of Cool Hand Luke just before he gets shot, "what we have here is a failure to communicate."

Once upon a time, it seems actually a long, long time ago, they had this funny thing with a dial, then there push buttons, We used this funny contraption to communicate with each other and even with voice inflections, particularly with people you don't know, there could be misunderstandings. Before that time, people actually took the time to meet each other in person. The additional cues, facial expressions and other body language fostered better understanding.

Jump to out present time and here we are not even dealing with business or interpersonal emails but a Forum in which people certainly have not met in the traditional sense. This makes it even more difficult.

The Forum has people literally from all over the world representing different cultures, ages, and ***es. additionally, we have our individual experiences and psychology. I learned long ago that one has to be careful with people you don't know. Until you get to know someone it is best to have a relatively neutral approach because one never knows what might be deemed offensive.

Personally, I have a particular antipathy for political correctness. I tend to shoot straight from the hip and don't mince words. However, that does not give me license to say whatever I want to whomever I want. Words have a certain power and once said they cannot be taken back.

I assume everyone is here because of a shared interest. If one remembers that and stays focused (no laser pun intended,) I think all will be well.

No lasers yet...just a couple of flashlights! I'm working on it!

Last edited:
Reactions: ARG