Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ban Abberation please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfo

I'm not even going to start a poll for this one, his reputation speaks for itself.

http://laserpointerforums.com/members/aberration/

This guy is an insensitive piece of shit and even goes as far as poking fun at photonaholic's snake that recently passed away, not to mention he supports animal cruelty and kills them for sport.

Edit: Not to mention a mod already had to remove one of his inappropriate comments.

I was wondering where that comment went.

If this was a poll my vote would be positive.

daguin

Have there been any issues with him outside of the animal "cruelty" concept in the Geese thread?

Peace,
dave

mfo

Have there been any issues with him outside of the animal "cruelty" concept in the Geese thread?

Peace,
dave

Don't believe so. But he's proved he's a useless troll just with that thread alone.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I closed that thread, seems to be a total trollfest now. I will wait for more opinions here before doing anything else. To be honest though, I wouldn't have any problem banning that guy, last thing this forum needs is more troll-like members.

Last edited:

mfo

I closed that thread, seems to be a total trollfest now. I will wait for more opinions here before doing anything else.

While I respect your decisions, I feel his rep serves as our opinions already. A lot of people on this forum for some reason are unwilling to step up in situations like this with Tyler's second ban poll being a perfect example.

Edit: Btw, what does your Avatar say? :p

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
While I respect your decisions, I feel his rep serves as our opinions already. A lot of people on this forum for some reason are unwilling to step up in situations like this with Tyler's second ban poll being a perfect example.

Edit: Btw, what does your Avatar say? :p

Yep, I agree 100%, many many times we have been too forgiving here and it always ends up biting us in the rear end. Just wanted to read through that whole thread to make sure I wasn't missing something. He is banned from this forum. 99% of the time trolls don't get better and usually they just get worse. Last thing I want is more mess on this forum.

You still haven't told us what is written on the headband of your avatar...:thinking:

BTW... you're doing a great job as a Moderator... IMO..;)

Jerry

Peace,
dave

This is the most valuable post in this thread. A lot of shit gets talked in a flame thread, even if it is tasteless pig-headedness that starts it. I don't think it's right to judge this person solely by how they react when in the heat of a flame war. Sometimes people under fire say the worst things that they can think of, and sometimes they try to push your buttons... especially on the web where no one can punch your teeth out. Things get out of hand. IMO it would be better to warn the person so they know where continued bad behavior or insensitive, tasteless comments will lead.

Last edited:

daguin

Yep, I agree 100%, many many times we have been too forgiving here and it always ends up biting us in the rear end. Just wanted to read through that whole thread to make sure I wasn't missing something. He is banned from this forum. 99% of the time trolls don't get better and usually they just get worse. Last thing I want is more mess on this forum.

I only asked because animal abuse/treatment/cruelty is a very sensitive hot button for people on BOTH sides. Instead of arguing it and letting it get away, the thread should have been reported (and probably closed) when it became an animal cruelty argument. The "hazing geese with lasers" discussion went away long before people were angry.

I admit that I stayed out of it. I have seen that topic go the same way many times online. The people who post in such threads NEVER seem to be able to agree to disagree. I think BOTH sides contributed to the situation.

**EDIT** Looking at the feedback, the thread should have been closed back either Dec 20 or Dec 28. Before that people were positive repping him for keeping a level head in the argument

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
^almost a battle of the neutrals, if you will? Lol. I saw the thread, and yep, it was getting ugly fast. The ban was just. Also, way to shut him up mfo, almost like a smack in the mouth... :D

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Agreed that that drama was not the sole fault of one member. In different circumstances he might not have been banned, but I am really trying to keep a certain balance here. LAST think I want is the feeling that people are getting banned unjustly, please call me out if that is ever the case. On the other hand if the main board if full of trolling and the place looks like a garbage pile, new members are going to treat it like such. 100% agree that was somewhat provoked, but some level of self control is needed. There have been MANY instances on this board and others, were I myself have been extremely offended, but if I just replied with what was in my head I would be long ago banned. It never ceases to amaze me the stories of lack of control and patience these days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.