Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad experience with Laserglow

t1hcsq

I purchased the Anser (Green) and Libra (Red) Pointer Combo-Pack for use with presentations and such.

The Libra worked great from the start. The Anser on the other hand has had a problem with the button - the laser flickers when you hold the button down.

I first used Laserglows "contact us" feature on their website. Several weeks passed and I never heard from them.

I then called them and they outright dismissed my concern that they never answered my email. They proceeded to have me send the laser back for repair.

It took several weeks to get the laser back from them. When I finally got it back, the laser now flickers even worse than it did before I sent it to them. I called them back and talked with the same guy who always answers (I think his name is Nick?). He told me he isn't sure how "they" will handle this situation. He took my number and told me he would have to get back with me. This was at least a week ago and I still haven't heard from him. He also told me that they replaced the end cap on the laser.

I'm very frustrated by this poor customer service. Why would they replace the end cap and not the button when the button is clearly the problem? I am also very shocked that they didn't bother to test the laser before sending it back to me.

:mad:

Wow, thanks for sharing this experience. I have to say, this is the first time I have heard a negative review about LG!!!!

About the emails, I wouldn't worry too much about LG not replying to your emails. I have sent them quite a few emails and a good percent of them didn't get answered, which is why I switched to calling them ;)

Could you keep us updated on this matter?(when you hear back from LG) Thanks.

-Alex

Last edited:
Yea idk my personal experiences with LG haven't been the best... but that remains to be evaluated since I have an issue with my Lyra Sol and splash from the dot that's in the process of RMA'ing

Rifter

to bad to hear this, I just ordered a libra and anser and they are both flawless and much better quality than the cheap Chinese pens. Please post back when this has been rectified I am interested in how this plays out.

Im not surprised

What does that mean? LG was always the go-to company for the highest quality hardware.

But yeah, not every laser can be made perfect. There's bound to be a bad one sooner or later even from the highest quality factories.

However, not even trying to light up the laser after supposed "fix" is a bit of an issue. I think a member here works for LG who could clear up the sitaution for you, though I'm not sure how active he is lately.

Wow, thanks for sharing this experience. I have to say, this is the first time I have heard a negative review about LG!!!!

Selective hearing???

I distinctly remember telling you via PM about how they ignored my messages as well...

About the emails, I wouldn't worry too much about LG not replying to your emails. I have sent them quite a few emails and a good percent of them didn't get answered, which is why I switched to calling them ;)

You must be one in a million to not be bothered about them ignoring your messages. It's distinctly bad practice and if it's commonplace it'll have them dropping potential customers like flies... which they'll never know about because those prospects went elsewhere.

They certainly lost me as a future customer by ignoring me, sure I bought a Rigel but not from LG themselves. I'm not quite sure why some people on here sing LG's praises. They really aren't very special - they take CNI products, rate them and then sell them at a massive markup. I know that's what constitutes "business" these days, but it hardly takes a genius to come up with that kind of business model.

Selective hearing???

I distinctly remember telling you via PM about how they ignored my messages as well...

You must be one in a million to not be bothered about them ignoring your messages. It's distinctly bad practice and if it's commonplace it'll have them dropping potential customers like flies... which they'll never know about because those prospects went elsewhere.

They certainly lost me as a future customer by ignoring me, sure I bought a Rigel but not from LG themselves. I'm not quite sure why some people on here sing LG's praises. They really aren't very special - they take CNI products, rate them and then sell them at a massive markup. I know that's what constitutes "business" these days, but it hardly takes a genius to come up with that kind of business model.

Hey trencheel303, I understand where you are coming from. For such a high-ranking company as LG you would expect them to be able to reply to a simple e-mail from a customer, and believe me, I have had my fair share of being frustrated after sending multiple e-mails and opening my Gmail to find none of them being answered. We as customers, giving our hard-earned money to a company deserve the right to be taking care of, and should be answered if we have any questions on their products, if a company fails to meet this, it's normal one would feel as if they are "ignored" and being seen as "not-worth" the time to the company.

I am also fully aware of the fact that they mark-up their lasers and end-up selling them at prices that are far more than what they should be sold as and end up making a huge profit from every sale they make. To me though, I have/will continue buying from them even though I do run into some problems because I enjoy their less-than "5mW" guarantee for the pointers and I feel very re-assured knowing their lasers go through quality-control. I know some people are probably rolling their eyes, thinking I should try out other companies and expand my "shopping list" but for now, im sticking with them. We will see what the future brings :)

-Alex

I've never had a problem with their service, but once in a while they never got an email I sent. try actually calling them-it works much better :(

Last edited:
Yeah I've had my emails answered, more or less, but sometimes it takes a long while... not very satisfied with LG. Definitely not on my to-go to list for lasers anymore

Last edited:
I'm an owner of two Hercules, a 650 and a 700.
They are beautiful machines, active cooled, 100% duty cycle, low divergence, rock solid and nice to see.
I have encountered some minor bugs, like false battery contact, squeaking cap or cosmetic issues, easily solved. About the beam expander, they have sent me an item with the lenses mounted backward, but they have replaced the expander with a new one. Unluckly I was forced to pay again the customs fees as a new item and not as a replaced one, plus the postage. The real problems starts when I have accidentally ruined one of the Hercules lenses while trying to clean it. During the transport the box was hard hit and the pot trim rotate in a wrong place causing bad laser performances. The item was sent again from Italy to Canada and then from Canada to China. Again bad luck, the item was lost, so they kindly sent me a new one. But for all the story I had to wait .. errr .. ONE YEAR !! The pros of this company is that they are selling good products, the cons are too much: items overpriced and poorly checked, high delivery costs, bad couriers (especially Canadian posts!), bad/poor packages, poor organization, and repairing/replacing times exaggerated. I must admit that now Laserglow is not the same good company of many years ago. Also, with the new restrictive laws they have lost a big part of portable laser market, so I think they have also lost interest to follow this market segment. Consequentially they do not offer anymore the same good assistance of many times ago.

Last edited:
Especially with so many people looking for cheap, powerful lasers and the FDA brandishing their nonexistent legislature... LG is having a hard time in the hobbyist market indeed

What kind of batteries are you using, are they alkaline AAA? Every red laser <5mW I've had always flickered and were dim when using AAA alkaline cells. It seemed to be some problem with the switch. This was even the case using lithium primaries.

The problem vanished as soon as I swapped in a 10440 Li-ion and a spacer; the lasers ran perfectly after that. The maximum brightness appears to be the same, the laser just doesn't flicker.

DPSS is power hungry and maybe the batteries aren't up to the job. Laser pointers really should be designed to run on AA's, not AAA's. AAA's are just too weak. I was convinced my flickering red lasers had defective switches, but it turns out they didn't.

I would imagine a 10440 would give you warranty troubles or maybe void your warranty altogether, so be careful of that.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the negative experience with LG. Usually I hear nothing but positive reviews from them.

As for the flickering switch, try putting a small wad of aluminum foil in the tailcap. The added pressure on the spring can sometimes fix this issue. I've used this trick for several years on flickering laser pens, and it usually works.

I'm an owner of two Hercules, a 650 and a 700.
They are beautiful machines, active cooled, 100% duty cycle, low divergence, rock solid and nice to see.

See, this kind of thing bugs me a wee bit. Through ignorance companies like LG get all the credit for this. But those "beautiful machines" are not the hard work of LG, they're the hard work of CNI in China. All LG did was pick them out and add a huge price tag to them.

It's fine work being a middle man if you can get it, all the glory for sod all work...

wow sad just ignore like that reminds me of lazerer also never bothered to answer emails.. to me LG is a bit overrated, their lasers are not even their own and they dont seem anything special to me. For the price i would say its a ripoff having a problem like that and they didnt fix it.

Last edited: