Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad business with tonyt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooky

had it set up so every day a check was made for duplicate IPs and each Mod got a daily email report

I have dupe IP checking set up on my own forums but to be honest it's pretty easy to bypass by re-leasing the IP on the router :( only way is to block entire ranges from the same ISP block, then you risk killing a lot of genuine users on big forums as well though :(

Few people have static IP's, always within the ISP range but rarely static :(

cheers

Dave

Trevor

Not looking very good :( maybe I just like to see good in everybody but even I have to admit it's not good in this case.

cheers

Dave

Yeah I'm starting to agree... this doesn't look good.

Trevor

IP blocking won't work at all. Many countries don't offer fixed IPs to regular internet users and even those that do will be bypassable with Tor or even a regular proxy. Banning by range will exclude a lot of legitimate users.

I'm also *deeply* against requiring users to fill out any personal info on their profiles. Just because you are comfortable giving out RL info doesn't mean everyone is or should be. There are different realities across the globe and you really shouldn't judge everyone according to your reality. I do appreciate anonymity on public forums, specially ones related to devices that are regulated in a huge chunk of this planet. And, as a last point, requiring the info would not guarantee people are telling the truth, specially those that want to do bad things.

Spooky

Normal MO Trev seems to be, do a few decent trades / sales then go for the big win, I've had issues in the past where I've taken on more work than I can handle in my last job / not allowed for demand being so high and come up short on delivery times but at least the full refund option was always there. It's unusual for a genuine seller to just vanish without getting word back to buyers somehow.

I'd hate to see Tony get slammed for a genuine problem but there is starting to be quite a bit coming out of the woodpile (as it were) that if I were a buyer would leave me with concerns too.

Has Tony been active anywhere else? his last post on facebook was 24th June?

cheers

Dave

Good point. Perhaps he was in a car wreck, some other accident that left him unable to access any of his accounts?

Laik

SixTee9 and I have already gave him the benefit of the doubt many times.

Liak He knew how to talk really good game and make excuses about everything

Good point. Perhaps he was in a car wreck, some other accident that left him unable to access any of his accounts?
No because he sold me a dodgy laser well after the other two members did their deals i met him in person and this was weeks ago, i fixed the laser i got of him a driver board issue but that's only because I'm an electronic tech otherwise i would have been stuck with a S3 that wouldn't switch to high power mode only low, he blamed it on nearly flat batteries it wasn't and to say again i paid a lot for the laser, and it was a basterd of a repair pulling the thing apart not recommended

Yeah, his posts doesn't match up.

I traded my IE800s for a 2.6w laser. He said his best earphones were some JVC $1000+ custom earphone that he lost on a train. Yet on this thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f60/best-ear-headphones-77139-6.html#post1209478
QUOTE:
The reason i was going to was because i got a pair of Sennheiser ie800's the other day Sennheiser IE 800 - In Ear Headphones Earphones - Superb Sound - Hifi, Smartphones & Tablets, iPhone and i can honestly say that these are the best headphones i have listened to. Full stop. Muuuuch better than my old sony's. END QUOTE.

What happened to the JVC's that you mentioned to me through email? You said that you were on the verge of crying on that day. I can't believe I felt sympathy for you, and traded you those earphones. I honestly cried for days when I found out you were a potential "Scammer".

He also tried to sell my other laser(s) that I sent for power verification, and he mistakes me for someone else, and top it off the laser I received in the original trade has not even worked on the first try and he faults me for incorrectly inserting the battery. This was the time I first turned it on with the battery he shipped inside, and he never warned me about reverse polarity. Now I'm stuck with a one way trade, the IE800s for a dead laser.:thinking:

EDIT: To his credit he did offer to fix like 2months ago, but I would rather seek alternative measures.

Last edited:

Trevor

Just saw tonyt is unbanned... anything happen?

He still hasn't been online.

Trevor

ARG

Maybe it was only set as a temporary ban?

He hasn't been online yet.

Hoping for the best :)

Maybe Ped can tell us more about what's going on in the mean time.

Laik

I have heard nothing from tonyt. I am currently a bit out of the laser hobby as i have more beautiful things to spend my money on ;)

Last edited:
I have heard nothing from tonyt.

Me neither. I havent heard anything. I guess Ped only temp banned him for a couple of weeks...:thinking:

Hes probably reading this, chuckling away at the fact we still think he might be a decent chap...:( Oh well chalking this one up to experience. :beer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.