Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad business with tonyt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago I traded a 2.6w 445nm laser to tonyt for a RC quad copter - AR drone 2.0 He received my laser in 12 days, I still haven't receive the Quad. Two weeks ago I asked him to pay me $200 dollars for the laser and all he has been doing since day one was making excuses about why the quad isn't here and He will not return my PMs or emails to pay me and another person on here is going to the same thing with him, I'm not going to say his name if he wants to chime up he can. I have talked to Ped about this and others on here. I did not want to call him out until I went through and did the right things in a timely manner that Ped and others told me to and before I posted on here. I got Peds Approval to dispute this the right way so I went through the right channels. I think he is a liar and a thief I don't like someone stealing $200 from me let alone $5. I've been nothing but honest about this whole thing and I see hasn't posted since June 17. I'm just here warning others about dealing with him especially on trades, it makes me not ever want to trade with anybody on here again because my first trade went sour and I lost out!

Thanks, Ron

NKO29

That sucks... Personally i would never trade because of this :( At least PayTheives have buyer and seller protection. Good luck, you never know if you keep persisting you might get your "Parrot AR Drone" P.S. i always wanted one :)

Yeah my kids and I were looking forward to it. I've learned my lesson if I was to ever trade again That person and I would go through PayPal and purchase each other's item as goods for the same price just so we know we're Protected

Laik

I was the other person he is talking about. I won the competition tonyt held, the one how he already had a number chosen and whoever posted on that number one? Well, he knew i was 14/15 so whether he chose me as the winner because he thinks i am gullible or he wanted my address because he is a sexual predator. He kept making excuses up in my situation as well. He said he couldn't get around to it and then he was sick and then he said he posted them on the 8th of July and i have not received them yet. That pretty much all i have to say apart from SixTee9 and i have him the benefit of the doubt and he turned out to be a BS artist

Sorry to hear of the troubles. I really hope everything works out and you and your kids especially get to enjoy the quadcopter as promised in your trade agreement with tonyt.

Here is another thread where tonyt's reputation is in question. Perhaps when he sees this thread he will reply.

Hope it all can get sorted soon!
Jeff

http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/i-like-jump-gun-83797.html

Last edited:

ped

I contacted tonyt on his personal email well over a week ago after Sixtee9 contacted me for help.

The email was ignored, I have now banned him. He has my personal email if he wishes to sort this out.

Regards.

Wow, unfortunate turn in events. Forgot all about this deal with sixtee9 and liak. Tony had always been good with me via PMs and asked for a bunch of advice so im surprised how this turned out.

He also told me that he just recently got his astronomers license or something so he could legally import lasers up to 3W or 5W, i forget. now wondering if that was a lie :thinking:

Trevor

Well dang, that certainly took a turn for the worse. :(

Subscribing in case of a followup.

Trevor

Bugger both I and LB sent him money to help with shipping the prizes from the competition. I too was giving him the benefit of the doubt. :( Now it seems I may have lost my money and have no prize to show for it.

I feel worse for LB as he was really trying to make this competition work and sent him considerably more money than I did...:(

I still hope he comes through though, he did seem like a genuine guy when we PMed. :beer:

Edit: @Ped he hasnt been logged in for a while, maybe he's on holiday - still trying to be optimistic....:undecided:

Last edited:
Bugger both I and LB sent him money to help with shipping the prizes from the competition. I too was giving him the benefit of the doubt. :( Now it seems I may have lost my money and have no prize to show for it.

I feel worse for LB as he was really trying to make this competition work and sent him considerably more money than I did...:(

I still hope he comes through though, he did seem like a genuine guy when we PMed. :beer:

Edit: @Ped he hasnt been logged in for a while, maybe he's on holiday - still trying to be optimistic....:undecided:

It was a gift, right?
So no possibility of reversal? :(

A few months ago I traded a 2.6w 445nm laser to tonyt for a RC quad copter - AR drone 2.0 He received my laser in 12 days, I still haven't receive the Quad. Two weeks ago I asked him to pay me $200 dollars for the laser and all he has been doing since day one was making excuses about why the quad isn't here and He will not return my PMs or emails to pay me and another person on here is going to the same thing with him, I'm not going to say his name if he wants to chime up he can. I have talked to Ped about this and others on here. I did not want to call him out until I went through and did the right things in a timely manner that Ped and others told me to and before I posted on here. I got Peds Approval to dispute this the right way so I went through the right channels. I think he is a liar and a thief I don't like someone stealing $200 from me let alone $5. I've been nothing but honest about this whole thing and I see hasn't posted since June 17. I'm just here warning others about dealing with him especially on trades, it makes me not ever want to trade with anybody on here again because my first trade went sour and I lost out!

Thanks, Ron

:( More reason to use a third party. I'm sorry for your loss...
-Shane

It was a gift, right?
So no possibility of reversal? :(

Yup I did. I only hope, should this turn out to be a scam, that LB sent his part as a payment...:thinking:

Ive provisionally added his name to the scammers thread, but will remove it immediately should he prove to actually be genuine...:can:

Last edited:

ped

Like I said, If he is on holiday, or otherwise engaged and comes through, of course this thread, and others related to him will be adjusted accordingly.

Regards

I had similar experience i got a laser from him that' was dodgy and he damn well knew it blamed it on nearly flat batteries i then got new panasonics 3400ma no difference after a lot of work its now mostly OK but he stayed out of contact with excuses ,he said i could get my money back if i wasn't happy but no communication but so that's not going to happen and he's in my city, and i haven't said anything on the forum as i didn't want to get a negative rep sorry for your tales of ripped off but i know how you feel, he's in my city but we meet somewhere not his house etc but i do have his phone number

ATTENTION SCAMMERS!!!
We are EVERYWHERE- you never know when but in time you may meet face to face with a person who has every right to be royally pissed off. NOT a THREAT-- A PROMISE!!

example- A few of us pass through a town where, at least for a while DAOO called

'home'

we are on the way to SELEM where we will spend time with some of the best people you will ever meet--They are from the other end of the spectrum the good guys-honest and worthy of our trust.- and many coming from the West WILL pass thru there.

I am in no way suggesting anything illegal. BUT... payback CAN be a huge 'MFer'.

A friend sent a pic of his house from GOOGLE EARTH TO A eekBAY SCAMMER & that SURE got his attention- the $$ was sent back QUICK!!--

GOOD JOB there Mr Ped +3 well earned.

BTW
side note

NEVER start a dispute in our open forum and then just leave us hanging-
WE all need to hear how it ended (if so) good -bad or otherwise.

I am in favor of temp banning both side of these bits of 'unfinished biz'.

Folllow thru or Bye Bye--

sad to see this TONY!!

You had a good start here-

you blew it--

'

Status
Not open for further replies.