Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awesome Lasers on eBay

Trevor

We need a community list of blacklisted eBay sellers.

*starts compiling*

-Trevor

Ash

We've already kicked this guy to the curb. However, this was just too funny not to share.

How about $29.95 to ship a bare 445nm diode? Yes. That is JUST the shipping cost :crackup:

445nm 1,500mw 445nm LASER DIODE - AWESOME LASERS - eBay (item 160528000900 end time Feb-04-11 18:39:57 PST)

Peace,
dave
Yeah, but:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shipping charges include INDIVIDUAL testing of diode and packaging BY HAND
[/FONT] I noticed that he also states:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THIS IS NOT A HARVESTED DIODE - IT IS BRAND NEW

and

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These diodes are NEW directly from a wholesale distributor. If anyone tries to se tell you that they have these diodes "from the manufacturer", they are flat-out LYING to you.

[/FONT]Yeah right. So AwesomeLasers has an exclusive agreement with a wholesale distributor to get these diodes, and nobody else is able to get them from his distributor. :crackup:
But, he's not lying to you? :thinking:
awesomelasers is full of Fail
26649d1272318841-awesome-lasers-com-lolfacepalm.jpg

It's a good thing he's outa here in that interview he seems about as smart as a rock :crackup:

Trevor

Yeah, but:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shipping charges include INDIVIDUAL testing of diode and packaging BY HAND
[/FONT] I noticed that he also states:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THIS IS NOT A HARVESTED DIODE - IT IS BRAND NEW

and

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These diodes are NEW directly from a wholesale distributor. If anyone tries to se tell you that they have these diodes "from the manufacturer", they are flat-out LYING to you.

[/FONT]Yeah right. So AwesomeLasers has an exclusive agreement with a wholesale distributor to get these diodes, and nobody else is able to get them from his distributor. :crackup:
But, he's not lying to you? :thinking:
awesomelasers is full of Fail

...wow. I wish people didn't actually fall for that. :(

-Trevor

anselm

The back of the diode is then painted with resistive Glyptal (a dark reddish-purple lacquer) that acts as a hi-meg resistor to eliminate slow static build-up.
...The resistive Glyptal is our own proprietary concoction. In addition to helping eliminate static on the diode leads - or between the soldered leads and the diode case, this treatment is an an indicator that the diode has been pressed into a heatsink (when pressure is applied to the back of the diode, the lacquer will crack). If the diode overheats, the glyptal will change color. Once the diode is press-fitted into a heatsink and connected to a driver board, this treatment is supurfluous - it can be left in place or removed by gentle scraping.
:wtf:
Yuck.... I don't even wanna know where that stupid gunk came from... :barf:

joeyss

Look at this crock of BS

This is the BIG-Brother of the 445nm diode used in the WickedLasers Spyder III Arctic. This is the same diode which is used in AwesomeLasers 2,000mw 445nm LASER Kit.

This diode is capable of power output (continuous mode) in excess of 1,500mw with a Dr. Lava Microboost driver board currently available on eBay.

This diode is capable of power output (continuous mode) approaching 2,000mw with a LM-309-based constant current source.

This diode is capable of power output up to 3,000mw in pulsed mode, 25% duty cycle according to Wicked's LASER forums, and diode spec sheet.

daguin

Yeah, but:
[/FONT]

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong.

I've been packaging mine with by feet!

<takes copious notes>

Peace,
dave

Trevor

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong.

I've been packaging mine with by feet!

<takes copious notes>

Peace,
dave

No sir, you have it all wrong. Your problem is that you package diodes by hands. He packages diodes by hand.

Wonder what he's doing with the other hand? :banned:

-Trevor

daguin

No sir, you have it all wrong. Your problem is that you package diodes by hands. He packages diodes by hand.

-Trevor

Knowing his legal background, I definitely DO NOT want to know :barf:

Peace,
dave

Knowing his legal background, I definitely DO NOT want to know :barf:

Peace,
dave
When I read his ad, the terms of service said
"SKIN CARE ITEMS CANNOT BE RETURNED ONCE THE CONTAINER IS OPENED."
I wasn't about to visit his site to see what kind of "skin care products" he's selling. I can only imagine, the 1st thing that came to mind was some kind of pedophile cream and I don't even want to know where it's applied or how it would be used.

This guy is sick. I know if it would have been my little boy this guy had raped, I wouldn't have been able to control myself, I would have done him in so he would never get the chance to do it again to someone elses son and I'd probably be in prison for the rest of my life for doing so.

Ash

He's making his "resistive Glyptal" with the other hand. It's his "own proprietary concoction" :barf:

daguin

When I read his ad, the terms of service said
"SKIN CARE ITEMS CANNOT BE RETURNED ONCE THE CONTAINER IS OPENED."
I wasn't about to visit his site to see what kind of "skin care products" he's selling. I can only imagine, the 1st thing that came to mind was some kind of pedophile cream and I don't even want to know where it's applied or how it would be used.

This guy is sick. I know if it would have been my little boy this guy had raped, I wouldn't have been able to control myself, I would have done him in so he would never get the chance to do it again to someone elses son and I'd probably be in prison for the rest of my life for doing so.

Fortunately for humanity, few of us have had to actually make this decision.

Do I extract the revenge that I desire and go to jail for a very long time or do I leave it lie and help my family heal?

Trust me. Neither answer is satisfying or comforting.

Peace,
dave