Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Awesome laser pics - 40mW 638nm pics added!

Re: Awesome laser pics - HDR pics added!

Very nice! I'm still having trouble getting good shots using my D90. I think I need some better glass.

Things

What program do you use to make your HDR's? I tried photomatix but it can never seen to align them properly.

Very nice! I'm still having trouble getting good shots using my D90. I think I need some better glass.

Thanks. I'm glad you like 'em. I'm still learning as well. :)
I hear good things about the D90.

What program do you use to make your HDR's? I tried photomatix but it can never seen to align them properly.

I use Photoshop CS3. I haven't tried Photomatix, but since I am pretty comfortable with PS I don't think I'll need to buy more software just yet.
I use a tripod for the HDRs. It makes the process much simpler. My next investment will be a better tripod and a remote shutter release. The tripod I have is a cheap plasticy POS.

EDIT: Another new HDR pic!

Last edited:

mod101

I understand the basics of HDR but I have never actually tried doing it myself. How many exposures were you taking for each of the pictures and how do you combine them together to create the final HDR picture?

Also plus rep for the awesome pics

ped

Insane pictures!

+1

I understand the basics of HDR but I have never actually tried doing it myself. How many exposures were you taking for each of the pictures and how do you combine them together to create the final HDR picture?

Also plus rep for the awesome pics

I first touch up the raw images in my raw editor (Digital Photo Professional) then convert them to 16 bit TIFF. Then I use the "Merge to HDR" feature in Photoshop and select the bracketed exposures.
After that I post process in Photoshop.

It's a time consuming process and not all of the HDRs I've tried turned out well but it is fun to play with.

Thanks guys, for the comments.
My composition is still lacking, so I still have some practice to do before I produce something I am really proud of, but I don't think it hurts to experiment. :)

Last edited:

After seeing your thread and pics, I decided to play with HDR myself. Read about it some time ago but never tried it. Ive gotten a few good shots, but a good laser shot still eludes me...

laserhdr.jpg

I like the star pointing pic of the 635nm, if we could get together on a foggy morning or night, we could add a line to this shot:
4772-more-fog-time-beam-backyard-2010-038.jpg