Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AWESOME diffraction gratings by JETLASERS (add yours)

DJNY

As some of you know, I like to create stars with my lasers and for some time I cast my eyes on very special diffraction gratings... Today I´m reviewing NICE Diffraction Gratings purchased from Gray/JETLASERS.

Here is the link:
Diffraction Gratings - Jetlasers

They are 2x4cm in size and are NOT made of plastic! Combine them to get more stars. Move them to make the stars moving with nice "dot-exploding-effects".

I want to do this multimedia review in three sessions. One indoor without smoke, one indoor with smoke, one outdoor with+without smoke.

Sometimes the stars don´t look clean on some of the pics, but this is ONLY effected by the cam due diffuse reflections from white objects like the door or the wall.

During adjusting the Gratings and taking pics I wore safety goggles, sometimes two together :p But from a few feed behind them, I watched them without goggles to enjoy their BEAUTY :shhh:

Session ONE: Indoor without smoke

All together...

Session TWO: Indoor with smoke

Session THREE (part1): Outdoor without smoke

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask :beer:

Last edited:

Re: AWESOME diffraction gratings by JETLASERS

cool, would it be possible to resize the pictures. I use tiny pic and they give you a choise of the size, I either pick the web size or the 15" size and they never run off the screen like these pictures do, Thanks !

DJNY

cool, would it be possible to resize the pictures. I use tiny pic and they give you a choise of the size, I either pick the web size or the 15" size and they never run off the screen like these pictures do, Thanks !

I have a 15,4" and there is about 5cm on the left side and 1cm on the right side when I push the bar to the right.

I´ll upload them resized after university! :)

In the meantime the others can enjoy the bigger sized pics :cool:

DJNY

Fixed

DJNY

Update :shhh:

I have some of those too. nice and real glass-Plus large enough to possibly cut into 2 or 3 smaller grates- good review- cool photos and tho some may have a problem with your font choice-= I like it.

Gray is adding these as a bonus to everybody order in JETLASERS GB #2.

very nice when used with my Argon ML--they break down the colors nicely.

+rep for sharing T Y--(when I can!)

hk

Kevlar

Nice review and thank you very much. These look pretty nice. I don't like those cheap, thin, plastic ones. And these are a decent size too.

You're a hero, man!
The last fours pics are very professional and i'm eager to have them or added to some printouts.;)

BTW, you should talk to Hak. He is a professional photographer.

DJNY

Update with Session THREE - forgot my 1.2W 449nm at home

More diffraction grating pics coming soon

ped

Great pics.

Do they only do dots?

And how much were they?

DJNY

Great pics.

Do they only do dots?

And how much were they?

Thank you.

You can rotate them to get other effects or combine them, but for making the pics I was only able to do these pics.

They are about $20.

I loved te indoor with smoke facing the gratings...I love to see all those beams...its just so mesmerizing!:drool:

with an Ar-Kr ML it would look so wicked like Hakzaw1 said!

Great add to the multimedia to this forum^^

What great pictures DJNY :kewlpics: I will probably get repremanded for this question but here it is. I was thinking how neat it would be to have a few of these to get the effect desired like you but how do i see the colors without glasses, these must be for picture taking only,correct? Because you could catch a reflection off something indoors. Or do the gratings do away with harmful light? :thanks: Rambler

DJNY

What great pictures DJNY :kewlpics: I will probably get repremanded for this question but here it is. I was thinking how neat it would be to have a few of these to get the effect desired like you but how do i see the colors without glasses, these must be for picture taking only,correct? Because you could catch a reflection off something indoors. Or do the gratings do away with harmful light? :thanks: Rambler

Thanks.
Now I tell you what I do; for any powers under 50mW I don´t use goggles when handling with these diffraction gratings (but I´m also very careful). For higher powers I take off the goggles when standing behind the laser/grating >2feet away.

Thankyou for some of your knowledge and time.Sincerly Rambler...