Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AtMaDrive is here

Re: AtMaBoost is here

Im digging those dimensions!
Hope all goes well in testing!
So will they work for 650nm diodes?

AnthoT

Im digging those dimensions!
Hope all goes well in testing!
So will they work for 650nm diodes?

If you can find a 650 diode that takes 4V + then yes :D....

Unfortunanlty only diodes with vf of 4V + work with this :( sorry.

:crackup: testing better be perfect of not I'm going to go crazy :p I already had a few fully functional versions before this, just made some final touches :D so now these better have next to no ripple if not I'll have 300 PCB's & nothing to do with them :p

Last edited:

I will feel stupid if this is impossible or not recommended or obvious, but can't I add two 1N400X diodes in series to make a draw of 4.5V?

AnthoT

I will feel stupid if this is impossible or not recommended or obvious, but can't I add two 1N400X diodes in series to make a draw of 4.5V?

I don't know how well that would work or if it would work... It seems like a great idea though :beer: just stick with a linear or buck, or even a 7135 driver ;)

EDIT: why must the spammers always come spamming...

Last edited:

AnthoT

WUT DOOD WUT i aint spammin my grandma was askin me to go get her sum prunes so i wuz bored then i went to the gas station then BOOOOOOM i saw lightning in the backround n i was like baby baby baby ohhhh my god was that lightning then i saw a tree lol there was a squirel on it lol LOL lol im funny ik but anyway duct tape wuts up with that lol anyways so i went home then it rained LOL rains my middle name lol jk i once ate a bowl of nails w/o any milk lol jk who does that WUT WUT kony came to my house the other day jk he doesnt know me wut wut heyeyeyeyeyeyeyey whats goin on says jeff jk idk ne 1 named jeff or do i but maybe im lying or am i thats the question

Please stop trolling/spamming... I'm sure everyone would appreciate that... I'm done replying to your spam/ troll posts now. Have a nice evening...

Back to the thread now :)
I will be getting these scoped & tested by a few members so hopefully all goes well & then I'll start making them :)

Hey Tony, if you put it together with a pot I'm pretty sure that people me included will pay let's say as much as the flex.

Just saying I would pay 25.00 US all day for something like the flex, buck/boost baby.

AnthoT

Hey Tony, if you put it together with a pot I'm pretty sure that people me included will pay let's say as much as the flex.

Just saying I would pay 25.00 US all day for something like the flex, buck/boost baby.

Yup, I prefer pots but I prefer size first ;)

I'm sure I'll get one with a pot one day. & I don't want to have to charge 25$ like the flex, I'd like it to be affordable :) and small, if I can find a 2mm x 2mm pot I may actually be able to put it over the set resistors & it will work :D but that's if I can find one ;)

As soon as I get feedback from the few that will be testing them they will be adjusted if needed to be but should be available in about 2 weeks from when I get word from them ;).

I'll be adding my linears to the store now, ( They are fully adjustable ;) )

Last edited:

AnthoT

lol
just looking back at this whole project i started,

look at the first version

7006872541_e14c503abd_z.jpg

This one blew up a long time ago :p

the 20th or so :crackup: ( present one )
7436710936_f3646ba633_z.jpg

The first Linear
6798654074_a78964e9bd_z.jpg

The present ones
7436712718_f5986ac048_z.jpg

7436715662_fb094a979b_z.jpg

:p

AnthoT

Well, I got to put the first AtMa Boost into a build :D a small one too!

7457355176_55bd4e3f93_z.jpg

7457351792_e3088afe0f_z.jpg

Set at 1.2Amps & it's going strong! :D I don't have a scope but on a test load this driver was rock solid only fluctuating +-3mA over a 3 minute run, also heavily heatsinked & it seems to be great so far! Just gotta wait for some more input from those who have them going on their way to them :)

AnthoT

I've decided to add a pot, it will stay the same size & only go up ~2$ :D

what do you guys think?

I'd be more than happy to pay the extra money. Heck, even the sacrificed space would be worth it!

You could offer it with the pre-set current ones if someone REALLY needs the space as opposed to the ideal amperage