Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Astral Driver For Sale - Boost, Buck, Buck-Boost, Linear, & Etc

Astralist had offered to send these to me for testing purposes. I didn't ask him to do it. If it bothers you that much, I'll ask him not to send the test samples. :undecided:

Astralist had offered to send these to me for testing purposes. I didn't ask him to do it. If it bothers you that much, I'll ask him not to send the test samples. :undecided:

Paul....I am regretting my WA comment. !!!!!!!....I understand that there are members with advanced knowledge of electronics...you being one....and...myself NOT being one....It does not bother me...at all !!!! On the contrary...I appreciate your commitment for all our benefit !!

I was just attempting humor...Well...THAT went well !!!...There are times...this being prime example...when " humor "...or...attempted humor...back fires.....and when lack of " Face to Face " environment...really shows !!!

Please accept my apology if my bumbled attempt at humor was not an appropriate comment. I meant no disrespect...and surly do not mean for you to take it that way !!

I would say.." A lesson learned "...alas...it is difficult to teach a Tyrannasaourus Dex ...new tricks !!

MMM Beam Out

...And....you can be sure....that...although....my profile of humors is well documented at this site....I will refer to this incident...at future attempts at humor !!

Last edited:
No problem. I obviously misunderstood your meaning. Don't feel badly. I guess it was my fault as I saw it as criticism. Just a misunderstanding.....that's all. :yh:

No problem. I obviously misunderstood your meaning. Don't feel badly. I guess it was my fault as I saw it as criticism. Just a misunderstanding.....that's all. :yh:

All righty then !!! Thanx :D:D:D:whistle::whistle::whistle:

See Pic !!

CDBEAM

Attachments

• No Stepping in Dog Shit 1.png
    No Stepping in Dog Shit 1.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

SOSDD

Maybe I'm missing something but the thread title says for sale? Where are we to purchase these and when will they be available?

For now, all sale goes through PM :D
I still don't know how to create those paypal button lol

Reactions: GSS
Update:

SuperDrive HV (6A buck): 14 left
SuperDrive LV (4.5A+ boost): 10 left

:beer:

jnrpop

a :bumpit: for Astralist,

and @ BBB,
I've done some testing for Astralist, atm I have a Pico running a new 475nm diode at 150mA, and a Pico running a PLT5450B diode at 300mA, so far no problems :beer:

Anyone have a build using one of these drivers yet!

Last edited:
a :bumpit: for Astralist,

and @ BBB,
I've done some testing for Astralist, atm I have a Pico running a new 475nm diode at 150mA, and a Pico running a PLT5450B diode at 300mA, so far no problems :beer:

No pics of your builds during assembly!

The Generic boost H/L and Omnidrive are now on sale!
Check out the test data here:
OmniDrive test
Generic boost test

OmniDrive: $19.9 per unit
Generic Boost H: $14.9 per unit
Generic Boost L: $14.9 per unit

The difference between Generic boost H and L are:
Generic Boost L: drive a high Vf diode for 75mA to 300mA
Generic Boost H: drive a high Vf diode for 140mA to 400mA

Generic boost driver with onboard switch are available

Omnidrive:
when boosting, it outputs something between 100-450mA