Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ask a Vet, Scam Check

IsaacT

Hello all!

With the recent scams going on, a thread has been opened in the Vet section for the compilation of data regarding scammers identities.

Obviously, not all sellers have the benefit of being vets and therefor do not have convenient access to the list.

So, I would like to offer my services. If you are doing a transaction with a newer member and are wary, do this:

1. Proceed normally.
2. When payment has been made, contact me(or a volunteer Vet) with the name from the paypal account.
3. I will check against the list and let you know if he is on it.

hope this helps,
Isaac

Thanks for posting that Isac.

Id just like to add I can also make the direct link available to sellers who have been around a while and who have proved themselves honest and trustworthy. PM me if youd like to be considered for the link.

Id also be happy to check names on the list, so feel free to PM me as well. :beer:

Good idea but i just bought a laser ( as in i really did) do i know do a background search and find out the good or bad news ,nobody wants to be under the spotlight unless they deserve it ...then I'm gonna yell the place down if its bad no easy solution, you cant offend the 99% of honest members for the 1% that arnt just my two cents worth

+rep for you Isaac for this offer, this scam check is a great idea to help curb scamming on the forum :)

If I could throw in an extra suggestion to consider, when I used to sell lasers I would require a scanned ID from interested buyers that had to show an address matching (or something convincible enough) the paypal account being used to pay AND to verify the buyer was over 18 yrs old. All of my serious buyers had no problem with this and I've only had a few disappear off the radar after requesting ID which tells me I could've been scammed :thinking:

After all the verified ID transactions I made I've had NO scamming issues or can think of any bad ones to share, this worked out quite well for me so I just thought to suggest it after reading your post!

:beer:

Last edited:

AnthoT

Any reputable new sellers can also contact me if you'd like I would also check for you :beer: