Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARGMeter Open Source - Coming Soon

Thanks RBC :) Your first on the waiting list for an Ophir one, I'll let you know when it's ready :D
Sorry, getting the 2 projects mixed up. :undecided::confused:

These are PIC based or Arduino based ? These are a shield on top of the Arduino?
Anyways, I'll take one of these for my LPM, I think.
Let me know when you're ready. I'll get one. :beer:

ARG

Sorry, getting the 2 projects mixed up. :undecided::confused:

These are PIC based or Arduino based ? These are a shield on top of the Arduino?
Anyways, I'll take one of these for my LPM, I think.
Let me know when you're ready. I'll get one. :beer:

These are Arduino based, the design can be easily modified to run with a Atmega32u4 or a bare atmega 328P.

The current design is just a shield that goes on top of the Arduino Uno.

Last edited:
ARG, can you suggest me an ADC that comes in a DIP package? I just bought an Ophir head and will attempt to make an ARGMeter for it. Thing is I want to do it in a breadboard format with an arduino nano plugged to it.
Thanks!

ARG

Hey Atomicrox, sorry for the slow reply. Internet connection is limited at the moment. I can send you out a TSOT-23-8 to 8-DIP adapter with or without the ADC soldered on if you would like.
If I can load up digikey or mouser I'll have a look, but from what I remember from before the cheap DIP package ADC's are below 12 bits which isn't ideal for this application.

Edit: Didn't find anything that would be good enough, unless a 12bit ADC is good enough for you. (0-4096)

Last edited:
Yeah, 12 bits wouldn't even allow 1mW resolution up to 4.5W. for that I might as well use the internal 1.1V and the internal ADC...

I haven't found a nice DIP ADC either and to be worth your trouble I'd rather get your ARGGraph attachment instead, which has the vref chip as well.

I've seen your other thread but could you PM me with the cost of just the attachment (no arduino and usb cable)?
I'm hoping it would fit a regular letter envelope without the header pins. Shipping would probably be cheap enough that way.

Thanks!

Ebay is pretty much my only source for electronic components and that one isn't there :/

ARG

Yeah, 12 bits wouldn't even allow 1mW resolution up to 4.5W. for that I might as well use the internal 1.1V and the internal ADC...

I haven't found a nice DIP ADC either and to be worth your trouble I'd rather get your ARGGraph attachment instead, which has the vref chip as well.

I've seen your other thread but could you PM me with the cost of just the attachment (no arduino and usb cable)?
I'm hoping it would fit a regular letter envelope without the header pins. Shipping would probably be cheap enough that way.

Thanks!

Yeah, I wish they would make in larger packages.

I can stick the whole board in a oversized letter mail envelope without the pins.

Sending you a PM :)

All I can say is WOW. I just received my meter this morning and it looks awesome. Can't wait to get home and start designing a case for it. I will probably print something out on my 3D printer for it so this is another project that will keep me busy.

Thanks again

Last edited: