Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

are cni modules worth the price?

terdy

Does anyone out there know why cni modules are 200 percent higher in price than their competition? Are they worth it?

Burnsy

Yeah they are... read around here
and do you compere prices to DX or what?

CNI are one of the best, if not the best module/handheld laser companies out there.

If you can afford it, then it's definitely worth it.

terdy

They quoted more for a module than a complete handheld laser using the same module! 300 bucks for a 150 mw 12mm module is way steep compared to anyone ive found so far, 3 times o-likes price. thanks for the help, guys

If you just contact them on your own they quote you a big price to get you to leave, they don't like filling small orders because they usually deal with orders costing many thousands or tens of thousands of dollars, which is why we go though Glenn and his group buys. And the reason it's more than O-Like, and no offense to Susie, she sells great stuff, but the CNI module is going to be several magnitudes better than an O-Like module, incredibly stable and they're usually overspec.

terdy

I have a dragon viper 75 that supposedly uses a cni module, its very impressive, yes. Its weird too, because on the same day that i contacted cni, i recieved an email from a frank at dragon lasers asking for a review for their site. I could have sworn that i have read on here somewhere about a frank with cni? I did read the link with glenns group buy, just didnt see any modules in the list, just complete lasers. What was the group buy price on a 150mw green 12mm module?

Does anyone out there know why cni modules are 200 percent higher in price than their competition? Are they worth it?
A BMW cost much more than say a Ford pinto, yet they both a cars......make sense?

I have a dragon viper 75 that supposedly uses a cni module, its very impressive, yes. Its weird too, because on the same day that i contacted cni, i recieved an email from a frank at dragon lasers asking for a review for their site. I could have sworn that i have read on here somewhere about a frank with cni? I did read the link with glenns group buy, just didnt see any modules in the list, just complete lasers. What was the group buy price on a 150mw green 12mm module?

Frank works for Dragon Lasers, who distributes CNI lasers, and for stuff like modules, you have to ask Glenn, who in turn asks Ava, the main contact he uses for the group buys, who gets him a price.

Because he's looking for a 12mm module, most likely for a portable build.

terdy

Yes, im looking for a portable module in the 150 plus range, i have one from laserlands on the way, we shall see how it compares to the viper 75, even though i have no way of instrumenting the result, just my personal opinion.

CNI is in a totally different class of lasers so that's why they are gonna charge more. In scientific applications where stability and quality are needed, scientists aren't gonna get some cheap knockoff module, they'll pay the extra to a well known company. Perfect stability and beam quality aren't really needed in our hobby lasers, but that's why CNI will charge more. You really can't compare CNI to a site like O-like here.

terdy

Who, in your opinion, is second best? Or who can you trust on the green modules?

CNI is the secnd best after any European producers (they cost 500% more)
And second best is Laserwave, Laserwave is also a company from CNI.