Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ARCTIC HOST feeler! interested? READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

You know how the Arctic looks in the "frozen" photo they often tease? The photo where it has frost on it? We could probably achieve the same thing with sandblasting, using the approach Eud used for DTR's latest build.

That would be a nice looking finish :drool:

You know how the Arctic looks in the "frozen" photo they often tease? The photo where it has frost on it? We could probably achieve the same thing with sandblasting, using the approach Eud used for DTR's latest build.

Eud? You mean Ehg?

Teeheee... "Ehg" is pronounced "egg".
*amused self*

Can it be sand blasted then anodized?

I plan on blasting these with glass beads then anodizing them. I can't sand blast them however, the sand actually sticks in the aluminum and contaminates the anodizing.

Glass beading won't give a texture quite as rough as the arctic but it will be close.

IMG_20110207_175946.jpg

The light on the right was glass beaded, you can't see it but it stripped all of the machining marks out and left a nice uniform finish.

And just to be clear... again... for all the people seeing the last posts and wating one. They going to be anodized ALL BLACK. Correct Pontiac?

And just to be clear... again... for all the people seeing the last posts and wating one. They going to be anodized ALL BLACK. Correct Pontiac?

Yes, I'll be sending these all out to be professionally anodized.

SOG

Um... how is this body being crafted out? Is this like using the C&C Machine or something like that?

Read the OP. Pontiac will be using both a CNC live tooling lathe and a CNC 4th axis mill. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.