Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anything about extraterrestrial life

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I haven't considered this to be honest. I don't know I felt fully conscious. But for over an hour to pass of what I can recall just lying there looking at the light on my floor. I do have a dots on my shoulder that match that one of the formations I saw in the sky. But this is purely a coincidence I believe. I'm not going to read into that more.

I don't know, I can't say for sure what happened that night. I sure wasn't alone for the duration of the night, that's to be sure. The light cast from the orb was unusual. It was very bright, but not blinding or difficult to look at. And it gave you a sense of being watched.

Last edited:

Benm

I guess it's somehow both good and bad that these things happen rarely.

If they would happen regularly to a person you could do things like install cctv in the bedroom and such, perhaps even IR illuminated highspeed if it was some really fast phenomenon that only seemed to last very long in your memory.

One thing to keep in mind at all times is that human memory is NOT reliable in ANY way. We forget things that surely happened to us, remember things that actually did not (or were different) and such all the time. This is part of normal life and usually goes unnoticed unless you have a memory shared with someone but recall things differently and only one of you can be right.

As for what your mind can do when asleep things get more amazing. You can live a lifetime in a dream that only lasts 10-20 minutes or so, without any external tinkering.

With tinkering as currently available it would probably be possible to remove an entire day from someones memory on purpose. You'd just fall asleep the evening of the 12th and awaken the morning of the 14th, and possible not even notice the missing day depending on your schedule, or perhaps just be happy it's almost weekend.

Giving that some context: do you remember what you had for dinner last thursday?

You can live a lifetime in a dream that only lasts 10-20 minutes or so, without any external tinkering....

I have wondered if this might be the reality for us anyway, thrown into our lives here which last a long time, but from the place we came from, only a few moments. Since I was a kid, I've had this back of my mind impression someone pushed me into this against my will, now I have to live a lifetime as a human being. Gosh, that sounds bad.... I do enjoy many things, don't believe I am clinically depressed, but that might come off that way.

Curtis, regarding the idea of unrealized missing time, that is the same thought which came to my mind too, when reading about that experience, that you might not remember everything which went on that night.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
One thing to keep in mind at all times is that human memory is NOT reliable in ANY way. We forget things that surely happened to us, remember things that actually did not (or were different) and such all the time. This is part of normal life and usually goes unnoticed unless you have a memory shared with someone but recall things differently and only one of you can be right.

As for what your mind can do when asleep things get more amazing. You can live a lifetime in a dream that only lasts 10-20 minutes or so, without any external tinkering.

With tinkering as currently available it would probably be possible to remove an entire day from someones memory on purpose. You'd just fall asleep the evening of the 12th and awaken the morning of the 14th, and possible not even notice the missing day depending on your schedule, or perhaps just be happy it's almost weekend.

Giving that some context: do you remember what you had for dinner last thursday?

While this is true, I can remember quite vividly the experience to this day. I also didn't fall asleep during that period. But I sure don't know what happened during the time in bed. But I do know what you are saying Benm.

Also, I last Thursday's dinner was not much of a dinner really. Just a packet of crisps. :p

I have wondered if this might be the reality for us anyway, thrown into our lives here which last a long time, but from the place we came from, only a few moments. Since I was a kid, I've had this back of my mind impression someone pushed me into this against my will, now I have to live a lifetime as a human being. Gosh, that sounds bad.... I do enjoy many things, don't believe I am clinically depressed, but that might come off that way.

Curtis, regarding the idea of unrealized missing time, that is the same thought which came to my mind too, when reading about that experience, that you might not remember everything which went on that night.

I think it is the other way round. Your human life feels like an eternity at times, yet it is in fact incredibly short lived. Time is very perspective based. When you sleep you lose track of time completely. When you are having fun or are busy time goes fast. When bored or down times goes so slow.

Lol don't worry. we know you're not clinically depressed. :) But I know the feeling.

I don't feel like I remember everything. A lot of time passed, by the time I had another look. It was July and the nights were shorter, but when I looked out again. The sky had slightly brightened, which sunrise for that time of year is around 5am. I first saw the objects around 3am. From this I can gather that at least an 1hr to 1hr 30m of this was me lying there.

Well, if a race of beings which are likely superior to humans in many ways had an interest in you, it speaks well.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Ok, I will ask it but can't even spell it:eek:
What is Deh Sha Voo?:eek:

Iv'e of course always experience it but what is it really?

Déjà vu is a weird one. You feel like you have done or experienced something already yet you know full well you haven't ... at least in this reality. ;)
Or you have and you are being prevented from remembering. :)

Well, if a race of beings which are likely superior to humans in many ways had an interest in you, it speaks well.

Ha, thanks Alaskan. :D That's a good one. I must be doing well in this life as even ET's have taken interest.
I still don't know if that ever happened. We can only speculate. Overall, it was a unusual experience. I just interested to see how many people on here have had instances they can't explain. Yours were particularly interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Jhop

Have you considered the possibility you were not in bed? Have you considered the possibility that you were abducted and only think you remember what you "remember"? I'm being totally serious, this is a possibility. You might want to look over your body for abnormalities, lumps, dots, possibly be x-rayed. You might even consider hypnosis to recall repressed memories.

It could also have been lucid dreaming. A buddy of mine has that happen to him all the time. Where either he is fully self aware in his dreams, and other times he wakes up(or thinks he does) and cant move or get out of bed, and gets the ominous feeling someone is in the room watching him. He started smoking weed mainly for this reason, because smoking weed before bed surpresses dreams. Not promoting weed or anything. But this made me think of that.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It gets a bit tricky, here as it is simply a case of choosing what is or what isn't reality. If this was a lucid dream, then it still doesn't solve the case of why and what happened that night. Unfortunately I can't prove or rule out any of these possibilities as all of them are likely and will never be found out to be true or not.

Lucid dreaming would be awesome if only I could achieve one :(

Edit: Do you think any alien race would be capable of picking the little guy in my avatar? *hint* Voyager 1. Or is it destined to venture the cosmos forever :(

-Alex

Last edited:

Benm

Since I was a kid, I've had this back of my mind impression someone pushed me into this against my will, now I have to live a lifetime as a human being. Gosh, that sounds bad....

The against your will part sounds bad, but otherwise?

Perhaps we are all just living in some simulation. If it were a perfect simulation that would not actually matter though. And by perfect i mean it also has no 'escape' like a star trek holodeck would, you just have to complete the simulation from birth to death, unaware of being in one (since if you could tell it would not be perfect).

Since there is, by definition, no difference between an experiencing reality or a perfect simulation, you might as well treat it as reality and make the best of it. I have no idea what happens when you die, perhaps you get another round (reincarnation?) or you wake up in an alien game arcade. Or it's not a simulation and you simply stop existing.

Lucid dreams are another thing, and i think they're great. I don't have them often, nor any control over having them, but would like to have them more often if i could. They are very different from (perfect) simulations though as you are to some extent aware you are dreaming, but often can control where the dream is going.

If there was some substance that would guarantee you to have lucid dreams i'm sure it'd make a very popular drug.

Some people experience partly-lucid dreams too, mostly of the nightmare type, where they realize it is a dream when things go horribly wrong (falling off a cliff or something) shortly before they awaken. Often it's too late to take control of the dream, but it's still a brief state of dreaming and being aware that you are dreaming.

Well, if I were going to be threatened with death, I'd be hopping around to get away, so it isn't like I'm unhappy being alive here, I do have people I care dearly about and who make the ability to know them a wonderful experience.

I've had lucid dreams a few times, usually once I realize I'm dreaming I get so excited I have become lucid inside a dream that I will wake up within a few short moments, but when I get excited about believing I am living in a simulation, that doesn't happen, of course, so I don't think I am dreaming, what ever it is, I am locked into it. I have experienced false awakening, where I am dreaming I woke up from a dream, that is a weird experience to go through when you really wake up.

I agree, whether a simulation or not, it is so sophisticated with the ability to be self aware, even if we ourselves are simulated it is so detailed it might as well be real. I would bet such a simulation would be based off of their reality anyway, duplicating everything they could to make it follow their own, what else could you do? You would be forced to model it after something you know. I can take this a step further, even if a simulation this reality would be a part of their reality in the same way our computers are a part of our reality, they might run simulation games, but they are running on real hardware within a larger reality and in the end, not separate from it, just have the illusion of being so.

For all we know this is an education program aliens use to teach their children about life, the program might be called LIFE, the administrator named god, but not a deity, unless you just consider them that for being so smart to program and run the system we are temporarily embedded into. For that matter, we could be reinserted into other lives without a break, one after the other and then when the training is done, the memory partitions pulled out, then able to remember each of them in full detail.

OMG, I just heard someone say "shut up about that", but no one is here, creepy.

Last edited:

Benm

Nested dreams aren't that uncommon - the situation where you think you have woken up from one dream, only to find yourself in another. That obviously leaves the option of you currently being dreaming to be awakened to another level at any point.

To me it doesn't really matter if we are in a perfect simulation or not - as long as it is perfect there is no way to detect his nor to do anything about it should we even want to.

It could be such that we are all AI's 'playing' in some alien simulator. This also would not matter as long as it was perfect.

The downside of it all is that in answers nothing we can observe. Things could be like most people believe they are, we could be live being trapped in a simulator (against our will or just as a voluntary game), or we could be AI's programmed to figure things out.

I suppose these options could trigger come existential crises in some people, but i really have no qualms about it.

To that effect i could die and seize to exist, or die and wake up to be presented with a highscore, or respawn without any knowledge of the previous run. If you are religious such options might seem very strange, but objectively looking at things i doubt there is a way to exclude any of them with certainty from what we can observe.

Benm

If the simulation is perfect there is little use in speculation, there would simply be no way to figure it out.

If it is imperfect however, we could try to observe 'glitches in the matrix'.

One thing i would wonder about is that if the/our universe is a simulation but all life is located on earth, why would it be so big? For all practical intents it would be good enough to simulate a solar system, perhaps even a single galaxy, but why billions of them?

Our big bang theory fits what we see, but perhaps that could have been a lot simpler as well - we need a creation theory or myth, and until very recently most people bought the myth (and in fact the majority of people on earth still do).

What, you are one of those guys who does'nt know their true father? I am concerned for you, only knowing the father through his son Jesus Christ allows you to be saved from torment in hell, justly so if you reject your own maker, even if you just didn't know, still going to hell bro. Now that we have established that reality, time to have the privledge of giving tithe, that will be 10 percent of pretax earnings, ching, ching. IMO, religion has its place, just not at my place, even I as a man of average intelligence can see through that BS.

For as big as this universe is, would be an awful waste not to have abundant life in it. Some, believe the universe is only rendered as we, or self-conscious individuals observe it, that everything is made of probability waves which collapse into form as we observe. I am still trying to see how that could be possible, since matter interacts with other matter, would not that do the same thing?

Adding more:

The double slit experiment might be the way we can see that we live in a computed reality, especially the delayed version of the experiment. However, nature might be digital at its core to produce the analog appearing reality we are in, so I am not so sure our reality is a sim, but it does appear to behave as if it were.

Last edited:
What, you are one of those guys who does't know their true father? I am concerned for you, only knowing the father through his son allows you to be saved from torment in hell, justly so if you reject your own maker. Now that we have established that reality, time to have the privledge of giving tithe, that will be 10 percent of pretax earnings, ching, ching.

For as big as this universe is, would be an awful waste not to have abundant life in it. Some, believe the universe is only rendered as we, or self-conscious individuals observe it, that everything is made of probability waves which collapse into form as we observe. I am still trying to see how that could be possible, since matter interacts with other matter, would not that do the same thing?

Are you for real? Or was this meant to be sarcastic?

Lucid dreaming would be awesome if only I could achieve one :(

Edit: Do you think any alien race would be capable of picking the little guy in my avatar? *hint* Voyager 1. Or is it destined to venture the cosmos forever :(

-Alex

Lucid dreaming isn't that hard. First thing you need to do is set an anchor in your head.

For example, for me, my bed happens to be right beside my bedroom wall. So I practice at night when I go to bed, to press on the wall with my hand.

I've caught lucidity a bunch of times (probably over 10 in the past 2-3 months) just because I "wake up" and decide to press my hand against the wall, and my hand pushes into the "reality" matrix style, like the wall was made of play-doh.

And BAM I realize I'm still dreaming! The next step is to learn to not get too excited, otherwise you wake up for real.

Also best to try it early in the morning, as you have better dream recall.