Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone who knows where to buy radioactive materials?

I also collect radioactive materials, and I have bought this geiger-counter with wand:
Digital Geiger Counter with RS-232 Serial Output

They also sell Radioactive isotopes and Sources But only inside US. I have collected about 20 smoke-detectors for the Am-241, bought some uranium-glass, one old radium-clock, and I also have some thorium. My granpa had radium-color, as he was an artist. But I have not found it.

Also I ordered and got som beryllium from Germany. To mix with an α-source, to get n-radiation. Then I can build my own breeder-reactor, with the thorium... :drool:

EDIT: I also stoled from my high-school about 15 years ago :eek:, a set of different radiation-sources, such as Am-241, Sr-90 and Cs-137. But that I have lost...

Last edited:

Morgan

Errr, is this a serious request?

This all sounds very dangerous and I'm glad I'm in the UK and not Sweden! :tinfoil: (tin hat for protection!)

M
:)

Yes I'm serious! I started an education to be a hospital-physicsian, and have practised such as it. But I had to quit, because I "got insane", and was taken in on the mental-hospital :undecided:. (Yes it's true), but now I'm pretty healthy.

But my interest in radiation, is still there!

My idol:
The Radioactive Boy Scout

iFoSh

Yep! I have one of those bigger ones from DX and love it! Just know it takes like 3 weeks to get from China haha. Maybe it won't be as bad in Sweden

Yep! I have one of those bigger ones from DX and love it! Just know it takes like 3 weeks to get from China haha. Maybe it won't be as bad in Sweden

Yes, I've ordered from DX before, so I know they are trustable. And it takes about 3 weeks to Sweden also.

Morgan

Forgive me, and I know a little about mental illness, but requesting sources of nuclear material, interest in building a breeder reactor and stating you once, "got insane", worries me a little. Not sure how else to put this more politely but what are your support mechanisms to ensure this is not a relapse? I don't believe anything good came from, "The Radioactive Boy Scout", and he was referred for extensive study as well.

Maybe I just need to ready the, "Billy Goats Gruff"?

33af97r.jpg

M

Last edited:
Forgive me, and I know a little about mental illness, but requesting sources of nuclear material, interest in building a breeder reactor and stating you once, "got insane", worries me a little. Not sure how else to put this more politely but what are your support mechanisms to ensure this is not a relapse? I don't believe anything good came from, "The Radioactive Boy Scout", and he was referred for extensive study as well.

Maybe I just need to ready my, "Billy Goats Gruff"?

M

Everyone says more or less that I'm weird. Now I only have asperger syndrome, depression, anxiety and paranoia. But I have a very good medicine-cocktail against it! So I feel healthy and happy!

Earlier I was diagnosted with schizophrenia, borderline and many other diagnosis.

But it's not so dangerous as it sounds. I have the geiger-counter, and the backround radiation is about 40 Bq. And the Am-241 is on about 40 000 Bq, still not dangerous.

But no, actually I would not build a breeder-reactor. But it would be cool to have the knowledge and the materials to do it!

udanis

I know there is a US company called united nuclear, don't know if they ship internationally though.

Morgan

Okaaaay... But I'm still not sure someone in your position could sufficiently convince an Authority enough, to allow them to leave you alone with all this stuff. I'm not even sure a, 'known-to-have-been-sane-all-their-life', person could sufficiently convince an Authority enough, to allow them to be left alone with all this stuff!

That Am-241. That's Americium yes? Alpha emitting? From ionising smoke detectors? Not dangerous on your skin, but ingest it...

I play with lasers but I wouldn't play with radiological material. At least when lasers are off; they're off.

Anyone else with me here?

M

Yes, Am-241 is Americium, an α-emitter, with a halflife around 430 years. But every smoke-detector contains a very, very, very small amount of the Am.

But you have rigth, it's harmless ouside the body. The radiation reaches some mm into the skin, but can be dangerous when get ingested. For example, Po-210 (Polonium-210) is harmless outside the body, but the former FSB-agent Alexander Litvinenko was poisoned by that. It was sprayed on his food.

"I have the materials and knowledge to build a spaceship that can travel at warp 3, but I wouldn't build it because I have enough restraint"
........Really?
I'm sure there are a couple of people in your country watching everything you do because a computer has flagged the words "radioactive, Americium, Psychopath, etc."

*that ought to help with the paranoia*

"I have the materials and knowledge to build a spaceship that can travel at warp 3, but I wouldn't build it because I have enough restraint"
........Really?
I'm sure there are a couple of people in your country watching everything you do because a computer has flagged the words "radioactive, Americium, Psychopath, etc."

*that ought to help with the paranoia*

I am very supervised by FRA (Swedens NSA), I know. Because I've been a moderator on swedens largest forum; Flashback, an "underground-forum"! There I have over 13 000 posts. Many about different drugs and medications!

I also have a large posts approving poisons, that might be a little suspect... ;)

But there, I have written whats my name is, wich city I live in and posting pictures of me. It's the best way to cure the paranoia!

EDIT1: I have also been taken by the police after knife-treating my father, but they only drove me to the psychiatric ward!

EDIT2: I have also got several ECT:s (ElectroConvulsive Therapy), about 35. It have helped me alot!

EDIT3: But now we are off-topic!

Last edited:
Okaaaay... But I'm still not sure someone in your position could sufficiently convince an Authority enough, to allow them to leave you alone with all this stuff. I'm not even sure a, 'known-to-have-been-sane-all-their-life', person could sufficiently convince an Authority enough, to allow them to be left alone with all this stuff!

That Am-241. That's Americium yes? Alpha emitting? From ionising smoke detectors? Not dangerous on your skin, but ingest it...

I play with lasers but I wouldn't play with radiological material. At least when lasers are off; they're off.

Anyone else with me here?

M

Ummmm... yes I am. :eek::scared::tinfoil:

Serac

Maybe you could get a job at a nuclear plant where you could use your passion safely?
Former nuclear machinist with the US Navy