Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ANYONE OWNING A POINTER OR LARGER!!read this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I love it, great video starlight! They obviously knew that they could be seen, yet did it anyway!
With idiots like this out there, we're screwed! :eek:

I can here it now, Honestly officer, we were just inviting you over for drinks.

THANX buddies for keeping this thread going- IF ONLY we had a way to force all new members to really read and know that his is no 'prank' like petty shoplifting its serious biz and WILL MESS up your life-

I have also asked for you to go to laserpointersafety.com find one of those in the 'sentences' sections and add the info and pic (if there is one) so whoever comes to that post will see this w/o needing to click a link--

I am not sure how many are left to post about at LPS.com BUT do this and you will be
getting an even better idea of how bad this has become

google 'Laser Arrest'-- we wont ever run out of idiots who got caught AND I am not so dillusional to think even our hardest efforts will we make a big diff. BUT if we can stop a few- I can live with that-- doing nothing is not an option--

Feel free to copypasta the entire 'artical' about the arrest and/or the results--

Pics are good to add-

ALSO.. bumping this thread by double posting is FINE. Its messed up that the actions of IMO less than 1% of laser owners are having such a impact upon us BUT even more important- what they are doing can and someday may cost the life a human--

This is what scares me-- lasers used on other drivers at night-- for whatever reason road rage- gang initiations -sheer stupidity- and mentally defective individuals--

can you imagine getting face hit in a tunnel- or while crossing a bridge??

In a (IIRC) CBS interview Dr Sam said it was not a matter of 'if' but 'when' a tragedy will happen involving a laser.

I feel it is the time when we MUST be nicer to new members and not cause them to reject our plea for safe and sane use of laser without exception--

I have seen WAY too many grown and seemily intellegent do or almost do crazy things when they are handed a laser- and NOT thibnk there was anything wrong with these actions--
"DOOD lighten up Hak!!-- Im only shinng your green laser on the asses of those girls not in thier eyes'--

If I were brand new to lasers AND I read much of this thread I would hope to have enough brains to never do the dumbass with a laser-- after seeing what has happened to others.

You would think that just because its not a nice thing to do to others -- that would be enough
....wrong!
I dont care why they stop- it just needs to stop.

please link this thread in your sigs..

TY hak

I got a suggestion. Everyone who posted to bump the thread should delete their old bumps to minimize the size of the thread. It's probably just me but sometimes I don't read a thread simply because it has way to much to read all at once and you know how new members don't like to read :p

DUH??!

never occured to me- excellent idea- it would be a good thing for 'bumped' FS threads as well. Those 'bumps', with any added info, can be delete and that info added to another post-

along that line-- people sometimes to forget to mark a thread as SOLD IN THE TITLE!!

so I waste a few minutes to find that out-- no big deal?? how many others lost those minutes- multiply that time
- so close the ones that need it and let us know yoyr item is sold-

always do a follow-up when an issue has been resolved-etc-

it keeps newcomers from accidently making a necro=post- too

:bumpit: Have you read this thread yet, if not then now is a good time.

You or any member can ask- I don't want to ask- I dont feel good asking as i am the OP.

4/24/2015 update- admin had to decline the sticky- for good reason- so please do not ask- thanks... keep posting- no sticky needed

BUT as long as we keep posting in it... no need to be stickied (so much) as it will stay on page one --just not at the top (which IMO would be better) if you read of an arrest (not listed here already) please do link us and post as much about it as possible-- many have found these at LPS.com and copied them and any pics to post in this thread-- the time to say 'thats OK --you did not know' is OVER-- those arrested are NOW cut NO slack as they are being made examples of to inforn those not yet arrested.

FYI now the Patriot Act and Home Land Security are in the laser police biz- no warrants or other paperwork needed to searches and seizures-- dont believe me?? as Jeff- he got a visit at his home and agents searched it-- refuse a search and it will not go well for you nor will keep them from getting a warrent and staying til is comes if even that-- better to just comply--

Last edited:
Oh my goodness...
I never realized the gravity of the situation. I read the entire laser safety sticky here in the forums. I am trying to make sure that nothing serious happens when I receive my laser from Blord soon (I bought goggles also). I even made my wife read the sticky. I will send a link of the video to everyone I know as well. I think people should treat lasers like they would if they owned some sort of weapon. Never point at anyone or yourself, wear the proper safety equipment, and follow all guidelines given by the manufacturer/experts/lawmakers.

Last edited:

USAbro

You or any member can ask- I don't want to ask- I dont feel good asking as i am the OP.

BUT as long as we keep posting in it... no need to be stickied (so much) as it will stay on page one --just not at the top (which IMO would be better) if you read of an arrest (not listed here already) please do link us and post as much about it as possible-- many have found these at LPS.com and copied them and any pics to post in this thread-- the time to say 'thats OK --you did not know' is OVER-- those arrested are NOW cut NO slack as they are being made examples of to inforn those not yet arrested.

FYI now the Patriot Act and Home Land Security are in the laser police biz- no warrants or other paperwork needed to searches and seizures-- dont believe me?? as Jeff- he got a visit at his home and agents searched it-- refuse a search and it will not go well for you nor will keep them from getting a warrent and staying til is comes if even that-- better to just comply--

Very true. People may say fear is bad, but fearing this is good, it instills a healthy fear enough to keep some people from breaking the law.

Very true. People may say fear is bad, but fearing this is good, it instills a healthy fear enough to keep some people from breaking the law.

But it's also the fear the general public and authorities can have that will enact even more restraining laws on owning lasers.
I fear that eventually owning lasers will be illegal. It's just a matter of time.

But it's also the fear the general public and authorities can have that will enact even more restraining laws on owning lasers.
I fear that eventually owning lasers will be illegal. It's just a matter of time.

Very true VG ..

& Just because such laws are impossible to enforce has not stopped such laws in the past. there is a slight bit of good news -it is lkooking like the number of laser-on-aircraft incidents wil be a little lower for 2014 than for 2013--

So send every new member anyone finds to this thread-- time is a factor-
as the sooner they know what can happen to both them and the rest of us the sooner we can have hope that new laws wont get passed that make our lasers into contraband.

If you go to the home page and scroll to the bottom you can find the name of the newest member-- THAT is the time to send a PM-- BEFORE they can post drivel and ask questions w/o searching but mosat of all ---some hope that they and thier friends will NOT do more harm to us.. That is the time to make sure they get on the same page as us.. if you read at LPS.com you will know how many claim to just not know what they were doing was very stoopid-- sure most DID know and simply took the risk and felt this was a pretty much harmless prank-

-so I wil make it a practice to see the newest member as often as i can down there and PM them ASAP --BEFORE they can get themselves into trouble ... serious trouble...

They need to know that even if thier laser was handed over to another idiot THEY would be equally responsible for anything done...

so ... lets get with the program while we can still have a chance to make a difference.

hak:thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.