Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone interested in building me a 445nm in this host?

HIMNL9

Do you already have one of them, for know if the body is aluminium or plastic ?

If is made in plastic, you will have a very low duty cycle, or need to build some sort of heatsinking add-on in the gun body .....

HIMNL9

Metallized plastic, probably ..... and with a completely closed frame .....

Looking at it, seem that there is a bit of space inside, for add some heatsinking parts, but not too much ..... and the fact that the frame is completely closed, also, give some more problems (making holes in metallized plastic usually ends in a mess) ..... also, you have probably to change both the main and trigger switch, for these currents .....

Not impossible, but not a 5-minutes-work, for sure .....

DJNY

Better in Jayrob´s phaser

Anyone able to do this, or do I have to wait for the perfect optics for the 445nm diode?

HIMNL9 I just saw your laser gun built, also a nice one :wave:

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Sorry, what one ? :confused:

I'm trying to modify a sci-fi prop (not a Star Trek phaser :p), but the work is at half, and i never posted any pic about it, or at least i don't remember to have never posted one ..... are you sure you are not confusing me with some other ?

I will make a ray-gun design, but I will not likely offer it F.S. complete, maybe as a kit though... ;) -Glenn

jayrob

Better in Jayrob´s phaser

Anyone able to do this, or do I have to wait for the perfect optics for the 445nm diode?

It is perfect for my Phaser mod...

The AixiZ 405 glass lens gives a plenty nice beam...

But the lens must be a full length threaded one to be able to fit my Phaser EzFocus tip. Many of the AixiZ 405 glass lenses come with only half threaded lens nuts.

But AixiZ can get you them in the full length threaded nuts. You just have to ask and specify when you order...

I did some research on phaser hosts in the past and i just found the ideal host a few weeks ago,... I will post some pictures soon. :wave:

Last edited:
I wonder how long it will be before someone makes a 445 in a sonic screwdriver host! :drool: