Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone have info on the Lumenis Novus Spectra?

Agreed, I may be a novice at this kind of thing, well, less than that, but my thought was to duplicate the same positions for all of the elements, I wouldn't change a thing, I don't know enough to try that. To keep it exactly the same, I have considered removing the parts and having machine shop cut the base into a triangle for each of the three wavelengths. Just thinking about this for now, I will want to get the unit I have with heat sinks and TEC's intact running before I would try that. I understand it must be sealed tight, this unit was sealed with a gasket.

Last edited:

:LOL: This idea of making a potable/handheld laser from the existing bench is more a wet dream. I would just try to get it running, as is. If you can do that, it would still be quite an accomplishment.

Nonsense, we should dream big and achieve bigger.

He could enclose the necessary triangle portion and turn the unit 90 degrees so it could be wielded like a length of 2x6 with battery pack to fit the form.

Maybe start by getting it running but don't end there.

A RF engineer with CPI told me not to try to convert a 250 watt VHF linear power amplifier into a 5 KW power output unit too, he said I would toil with it forever and never get it working, he didn’t know who he was talking to, it worked the first time I fired it up and I wrote a conversion guide paper on it.

Hope springs eternal. But, don't let my skepticism get in your way. I'm sure this will be just as simple as your 5 KW Linear was.

Sure, Chris. You have been a very good boy lately and I don't want to rain on your parade. :LOL:

kecked

I made a yellow stream today only it was laminar flow and not coherent light.
Yellow is my obsession. Anything that can be done to bring modulatable yellow to the world
Is worth the effort and expense. That little 36mw yellow I got last year sealed the deal.
It was like a beam of solid sunlight. I want to mix that with blue and make the most brilliant
Stick of white light ever seen. 1w yellow and 500mw blue is the dream I send to you.

It might make a wonderful highly efficient high color temp torch lamp for a room too!

I've been thinking of combining two of those 575 nm lasers (sealed against moisture) with a PBS cube to make more power. Otherwise yellow is very expensive, I've been looking at the CNI yellow labbies on ebay as well as their web page, ouch, ouch... I don't even want to ask how much for 1 watt, I will just be disappointed.

Talk to Ultimatekaiser. He has a 577nm yellow 3 watt. It is amazing! He resurrected his with all used parts. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at one of those myself. Just don't know where I would get the parts from.

dikcheze33

I knew you didn't have it because I have been reading and all you have it talk but never anything else
why do you act like you know about everything but you say if and wish and talk like you know?

Do you see the 30+ lasers in my signature? They represent about 1/3rd of the lasers I have and have built myself. What have you done?

Damn, this thread degrading probably ran off LSRFAQ. When that man is around, be good guys. I finally received my DPSS in the mail:

Path.png

Last edited:
That looks pretty nice, Chris. Do you think that one exchange with the now banned troll caused Steve to go away? I surely hope not.

May not be related at all, not sure. Maybe he just doesn't have much more to add and I'm assuming that guy degraded the thread for him. On second thought, I didn't ask more of him. Just wish he would come here more often, could sure use his help from time to time.

You can always send him a PM if you have a question. Since he works with this stuff daily, he is a repository of knowledge that few others have here. It is very nice of him to offer his expertise to us as I never liked talking about work once I went home. Never went on any engineering sites or offered insight into anything. It was just work and my free time was mine. I know how that sounds, but it is not the way Steve has lived his life. He has my deepest respect.