Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another damn Aussie :)

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce to myself to this forum after deciding to try my hand at building and responsibly having some fun with lasers.

One thing I noticed before registering and becoming a member was for something illegal here there are alot of Australian members.... must be the convict in us to be involved in this hobby :D

Ive always had an interest in electronics with other hobbies involving RC Aircraft and many years of photography experience. Im hoping to somehow incorporate the use of lasers into some of the model (female not RC) photography I do sometime down the line..... always looking for new and different lighting effects.

Im yet to build my first laser after a few weeks research, but hope to learn the intricacies of it from the experienced and to use this as a patience test in the aquisition of parts considering the situation regarding the law here heh.

Hope to talk to and meet some interesting and knowledgeable people on these forums and learn alot, thanks for having me :)

Last edited:

Blord

Welcome tothe LPF forum ! We have a lot of members from down under. :)

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Sig if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

BTW... Any new members that feel is a wasteful to
to search for answers to their questions that are
easily found on the Forum can contact/PM member
Eudaimonium here..

PM Eudaimonium

He has graciously offered to answer ALL questions
from ALL new members that can't find their answers
on the Forum or Google....

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Welcome to LPF bro. I hope you find all the answers you may have for your first laser build. Feel free to make a post if you simply cant find what you require through search and reading. I do not mind helping out at all as long as some research has been done.

Lol, Jerry you are seriously hoping to get Eudaimonium spammed aren't you XD

i bet this one is an undercover!
all the Aussies get your pitchforks!!! :eg:
:beer: Justin

lol jwwilson23... No undercover here :D

It just seems, for me anyway, I have a compulsion when living in a country where nearly every man toy is banned.... airsoft, fireworks, lasers you want it even more. I guess some of my interest comes from the oldman being an electronics engineer as well :)

Last edited:
It just seems, for me anyway, I have a compulsion when living in a country where nearly every man toy is banned.... airsoft, fireworks, lasers you want it even more.

Ain't that the truth. The fact that the government says you can't have it makes you want it even more. There is a definite thrill to importing parts from all over the world and assembling them together to make a laser that is 500x as powerful as a legal one.

ApexProxy said:
There is a definite thrill to importing parts from all over the world and assembling them together to make a laser that is 500x as powerful as a legal one.

2000x actually :) for some people 4000x someone here made a 4w handheld i believe...
but yes i have to agree, whenever something is illegal you feel you have to break it/do it.

So is the US law similar to ours? No portable handheld over 1mw?

I was assuming because you guys seem to have all the fun with Airsoft, fireworks etc it would be a given you would have no problem with handheld lasers.

Well I guess I can take a little solace in the fact the US has some regulations and not the total free for all candyland I thought it was :)

Elyas

Welcome to the forum, will upload my Laser equipped Skywalker FPV plane soon ;)

I am the only "laser guy" in Melbourne :/

Last edited:
How is Aus. besides the laser subject? thinking of vacationing there sometime this year or next year. i do scuba dive BTW :) but i dont know about all those exotic creatures :scared: if they poison me...that would suck...:D

Elyas.... Wouldnt mind seeing the Skywalker. I have a couple of Bixlers I have built souped up with 2200kv 6x4 propped motors, CF reinforcing and the rest.... Bixler - Beamo Photography
Hope to set one of them up for fpv soon. Done the whole keychain camera on the nose thing, few good crashes on film :)

Jwwilson23... I think a holiday in Australia would be great if your into Scuba diving, we have this one place I think its called the Great Barrier Reef :D As far as the creatures situation goes, we have the spiders and snakes and all that yes. Your biggest worry would be the drop bears tho, vicious buggers they are, avoid walking under any trees lol.

Bobhaha... Thanks for the welcome! Just by looking at your sig gives me inspiration that a nice collection of handhelds is possible. I can only imagine how much time it has taken you to aquire all those lasers, must have the patience of a saint ;)

Last edited:

Fiddy

Welcome, try not to make Aussies look like stupid heads on the forum :D