Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Build Failure

Lol lets analize my soldering technique:

No flux? CHECK
Dirty Iron? CHECK
Solder on iron, then on component? CHECK
Too big an iron? CHECK
Too big of solder? CHECK

You see, I don everything wrong, EVERYTHING, besides hitting the component with the iron, I do just about everything wrong, however, I cn't change that without buying a new soldering iron + solder. However! I still manage to solder things on well...good...ok........well, usable....I won't say great, I won't even say ok but it works. It looks like my connections went to hell and back, then forgot to buy a shot-glass, and then went back again, 4hr layover, went for starbucks, missed the plane, stayed for a week, booked another flight, then came back. But alas, my connetions work, but only because I have to retry to make them 5 or 6 times. With my first build, I was in the garage soldering for 11.5 hours...didn't even eat luch, granted I want to eat my leg off at about 3pm...I still kept working 10am-9:30pm...then I was done, finally, after re connecting my re-tried reconnected re-tried connections (no that wasn't a typo) everything worked. Then, two days later, a pin fell out because my crappy soldering. SO...I guess...the moral might be...ummm...don't judge soldering...because...um........even if it looks bad, it works! =D ALSO, in the pic, was that blob of solder on the right an accident, or did you add that for asthetic appeale?

Well from being a past-electrian I know that removing solder could be as simple as gravity+solder iron+time = good results :p

Not when the equation looks like this: gravity+solder iron+time = fried delicate diode

well i just got a rkcstr driver, i havnt even connected a diode yet!! idk how it died i was using 6v and a test load!! so im in the club now , unfortunatly. :(
cheers

I dont know how you managed that :( we all have our bad days lol
I hope you were able to learn from this :)