Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Bad Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will start doing it from now on :)

No you shouldn't have to do that. This is common with shipping anywhere and the rest of us get it so the ones who don't need to grow up and stop acting like the spoiled brat that keeps saying "I want it now!"

No you shouldn't have to do that. This is common with shipping anywhere and the rest of us get it so the ones who don't need to grow up and stop acting like the spoiled brat that keeps saying "I want it now!"

Its about covering his ass and makes sense.

Its about covering his ass and makes sense.

If he waits for the tracking number to show something then he'd probably just get a complaint from the customer for not providing the tracking number soon enough. You can't really run away from customers like this because they're unreasonable at every angle.

If he waits for the tracking number to show something then he'd probably just get a complaint from the customer for not providing the tracking number soon enough. You can't really run away from customers like this because they're unreasonable at every angle.

I agree with you Visi but TBH we don't know both sides of the story. Maybe the buyer has a reason to not trust what he is being told. I was told my laser shipped only to find out days later it wasn't even finished. I'm just saying unless we hear both sides of the story we don;t know exactly whats going on. But still, taking a pic of the parcel being handed off to the carrier is a good thing to cover your ass. Especially with the things RHD has pointed out in this thread about sellers giving tracking numbers before the package is even in the postal system but rather sitting on someones desk.

I agree with you Visi but TBH we don't know both sides of the story. Maybe the buyer has a reason to not trust what he is being told. I was told my laser shipped only to find out days later it wasn't even finished. I'm just saying unless we hear both sides of the story we don;t know exactly whats going on. But still, taking a pic of the parcel being handed off to the carrier is a good thing to cover your ass. Especially with the things RHD has pointed out in this thread about sellers giving tracking numbers before the package is even in the postal system but rather sitting on someones desk.

I noticed a few chinese sellers taking a pic of the package before send out lately. This is probably why.

APEX1

this is like a non stop thing for you! sorry to hear that dude!

It is okay guys. We are solving this issue. The buyer is willing to wait like I stated. PayPal talked to him and explained the situation to him.

:beer:

This. Waiting until it updates is what doesn't make sense. I get the intention, but if he had waited until the tracking information updated, it would appear to the buyer that he hadn't honored his ship date. You are exactly right in saying that you can't get away from these types of people. If he had waited until the tracking updated, do you think this buyer would have said "Oh yea, you're good man! I know you actually shipped it before now, and the shipping company is causing the delay!" No. This buyer, and others like him, will be much worse if you do that.

This. Waiting until it updates is what doesn't make sense. I get the intention, but if he had waited until the tracking information updated, it would appear to the buyer that he hadn't honored his ship date. You are exactly right in saying that you can't get away from these types of people. If he had waited until the tracking updated, do you think this buyer would have said "Oh yea, you're good man! I know you actually shipped it before now, and the shipping company is causing the delay!" No. This buyer, and others like him, will be much worse if you do that.

Exactly. It's a common thing for tracking numbers to show anything after some time especially international orders. The only time I have experienced an immediate tracking update was when ordering overnight and two day shipping.

Hey Eitan, I ordered about the same time as the guy who is complaining and my tracking is still showing no info but I'm not going all ballistic on you. Things happen and I now know that there was a long holiday in Israel.

I also looked up Israel post on google and it seems they got fined recently by the ministry of communications for not shipping packages in a timely manner. They would apparently leave tons of parcels sitting in the bins for an unreasonable amount of time before shipping.
Hopefully this makes them work a little faster but I'm not worried about it. I know that you are a stand up guy and I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for making this whole process easy. You are so helpful with all my questions so if anyone else is worried about ordering, don't be. Eitan has you covered.

Last edited:
Hey Eitan, I ordered aboiut the same time as the guy who is complaining and my tracking is still showing no info but I'm not going all ballistic on you. Things happen and I know now that there was a long holiday in Israel.

I also looked up Israel post on google and it seems they got fined recently by the ministry of communications for not shipping packages in a timely manner. They would apparently leave tons of parcels sitting in the bins for an unreasonable amount of time before shipping.
Hopefully this makes them work a little faster but I'm not worried about it. I know that you are a stand up guy and I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for making this whole process easy. You are so helpful with all my questions so if anyone else is worried about ordering, don't be. Eitan has you covered.

Thanks Phil ! :beer:

This is awesome of you. I think it would be great to link to an article about them being fined. I know I was not aware of it.

Hey Eitan, I ordered aboiut the same time as the guy who is complaining and my tracking is still showing no info but I'm not going all ballistic on you. Things happen and I know now that there was a long holiday in Israel.

Reactions: GSS

Teej

Its a PITA.

Some buyers claim they never received stuff that they did, or that it was damaged or the box was empty, or complain about shipping delays to try to get a refund, or even threaten to write a bad review, etc, if they don't get what they want. (Blackmail essentially)

Because some sellers are just as bad, they don't ship, or they ship but they don't package well, and stuff arrives broken/missing, etc...or its the wrong stuff, etc...the buyers feel like its a war.

In the US, when I drop something to be shipped, being old fashioned, I go to the post office or to fedex, etc...so I get the tracking info at the time I drop the shipment.

Many sellers print the label at home, but may not get to the post office that day...maybe the next, etc...and some its a week or more later, and so forth.

When the label is printed, the status shows differently than if its at a shipping hub, etc.

Until the status updates to show it was received at the first shipping point, the package MIGHT be still at the guy's house/business, etc.

So, everyone is nervous/leery about this sort of thing...and if they don't KNOW YOU, and that you'd never rip them off, they CAN panic, and then feel buyer's remorse, etc.

That goes for buyers and sellers alike.

I know your issues will clear up, but don't expect that your buyers will now only include happy campers. You could also simply explain the shipping situation before closing the deal...so there's no expectation that they get things sooner.

Its a PITA.

Some buyers claim they never received stuff that they did, or that it was damaged or the box was empty, or complain about shipping delays to try to get a refund, or even threaten to write a bad review, etc, if they don't get what they want. (Blackmail essentially)

Because some sellers are just as bad, they don't ship, or they ship but they don't package well, and stuff arrives broken/missing, etc...or its the wrong stuff, etc...the buyers feel like its a war.

In the US, when I drop something to be shipped, being old fashioned, I go to the post office or to fedex, etc...so I get the tracking info at the time I drop the shipment.

Many sellers print the label at home, but may not get to the post office that day...maybe the next, etc...and some its a week or more later, and so forth.

When the label is printed, the status shows differently than if its at a shipping hub, etc.

Until the status updates to show it was received at the first shipping point, the package MIGHT be still at the guy's house/business, etc.

So, everyone is nervous/leery about this sort of thing...and if they don't KNOW YOU, and that you'd never rip them off, they CAN panic, and then feel buyer's remorse, etc.

That goes for buyers and sellers alike.

I know your issues will clear up, but don't expect that your buyers will now only include happy campers. You could also simply explain the shipping situation before closing the deal...so there's no expectation that they get things sooner.

+rep

Just wanted to say that you are absolutely right. Couldn't have said it better myself. If I am selling something, I would rather put a disclaimer for any unforseen issues or possible delays or even just put that the package will take 3 weeks to ship vs 1 week to ship. Yeah maybe some people might be put off by saying your package will take longer to ship but then there won't be as many worried buyers if something goes wrong and there might even be some happy buyers when the package arrives much sooner than 3 weeks.

The thing is that I did not see it coming. But anyways , this issue was solved. The pack tracking has already updated.

:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.