Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Another Bad Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that I did deliver the pack.

I totally understand all of your points here guys ^^

But again , I did deliver the pack. And tracking showed I did.

Anyways good news is , that the buyer is now willing to wait , paypal probably talked to the guy. I am now refunding him the shipping cost becuae of the delay.

I totally understand that waiting is not something good. I personally order many kind of stuff. I got most of the parts for my Car from overseas , and getting something fast is very nice indeed.

I am working on getting it better.

And the thing is that I am always there with the customer. If the pack is lost , I always give an option for a refund or a new pack. I responed pretty fast to emails.

Anyways , Thanks for the support everyone. This dispute will be over as soon as he get the pack. Hopefully very fast.

:beer:

When you say "Code is showing up on the post office website , but it is stack for a few days." do you mean that it shows up as a valid code, or it actually shows that you deposited the item with the postal carrier?

Because those are two very very different things. This is a big issue right now in online sales, particularly forum and auction sites. Sellers often obtain tracking numbers before actually providing packages to postal carriers. Those numbers will show up on the postal site, but until the package is actually given to the postal carrier, the tracking number is meaningless (notwithstanding that it is valid). Frankly, there is an epidemic of sketchy sellers who post tracking information rapidly, tell their customers an item has shipped, but "will take several days to update", and use that as a smokescreen for the fact that they haven't actually shipped yet.

It's time for everyone to move away from the whole "your package will take several days to show up in tracking scans" nonsense. It's just not true. Regardless of how you purchase shipping labels, if you properly deposit the package with the post office and watch them scan it into the system before you leave, that deposit shows up in tracking history almost immediately. It certain does not show up 10 days later, with a note that the package was deposited 10 days later, and then start consistently updating as of that point 10 days later.... what that really means, is that the package was shipped......10 days later ;)

So if you gave this fellow a tracking number that only shows up as valid, but doesn't show package deposit, then he's right to be angry. I don't know if that's the case (you didn't say it was), so this may not apply at all to your circumstances, and if so, take my rant above to be a general statement about the state of online shipping, rather than specific to your situation.

Hey RHD I beg to differ here. I go to the post office and get the tracking no. when I hand them the package. If its shipped to eg the US it can take up to a week for it to show up in the US system. A couple of guys actually received their packages a day after the tracking info was updated in the US! Maybe the German or US postal systems were having problems at the time..? Anyway it can happen that an item has been shipped and there is little, or no, info available on the tracking websites. :beer:

Last edited:
With the amount of issues you are having, take a newspaper and your camera to the post office. Snap a picture of you dropping it off. Should you have to do this... no. Would it give you an "out"... absolutely.

With the amount of issues you are having, take a newspaper and your camera to the post office. Snap a picture of you dropping it off. Should you have to do this... no. Would it give you an "out"... absolutely.

I will do that once so I can show you that.

But again , this is about a working code. Not a non working one.

I will do that once so I can show you that.

But again , this is about a working code. Not a non working one.

I think you are missing the point. The point being that yes your codes may or may not work. The issue is that they don't update and as others have said; some sellers (not indicating you) have set a bad precedence that they get the "working" codes but the item has not actually been given to the post office. It would just be a point you could say "look I dropped them off, here is the proof". I don't think some people here are taking your "working" tracking number as proof. I feel that is the bottom line. You have explained multiple times that it is the Israel post. We also explain multiple times the importance of safety glasses, but we still end up with stupid people who can't read or search. Same thing here. I am on your side, I believe you are a good seller. I feel there are some hiccups that cause poor experiences and I feel this could improve upon that.

I think you are missing the point. The point being that yes your codes may or may not work. The issue is that they don't update and as others have said; some sellers (not indicating you) have set a bad precedence that they get the "working" codes but the item has not actually been given to the post office. It would just be a point you could say "look I dropped them off, here is the proof". I don't think some people here are taking your "working" tracking number as proof. I feel that is the bottom line. You have explained multiple times that it is the Israel post. We also explain multiple times the importance of safety glasses, but we still end up with stupid people who can't read or search. Same thing here. I am on your side, I believe you are a good seller. I feel there are some hiccups that cause poor experiences and I feel this could improve upon that.

I did understand that.

But unlike companies in the Israel post we do not get the codes before shipment is actually made. When I deliver the packs to the post office I get the code a day or two later. Not before that.

An for example in the USPS or FedEx when a code works it says something like "info on the pack has been reveived" and when it was received it change the status.

But here the code says the pack was received. And will ve delivered to the destination. Which is different.

Again I will do that once. I will take a pic of me delivering a pack. And show you guys.

A pic is a good idea. When selling lasers or shipping for repairs I always take a pic of the parcel right on the desk of the Postal carrier and include the shipping label and paid postage in the pic. Just one more way to cover thy arse.

I have thought of doing that before nwfreefly. Are the workers at the counter okay with that?

RHD,
You are so on the money with that reply. i ordered a few small item on sept 2 got a tracking #for three weeks didn't show any advancements . so i kept emailing the seller nothing but smoke in the reply. The 4th week he issued a new tracking #Its now sept 30th so by the time it s here will be another 20 days. They do BS there way around once they have your money. Don't get me wrong i don't mind waiting at all from overseas i understand. Its just the sellers terrible customer service. I personally won't buy another item from this seller even if it was free. And they cry the blues about the bad feed back when you tell them how you feel. BOO HOO HOO !! We keep them in business they don't get it till its to late.

Rich:)

Agreed. I'm very patient, but if you're a store, ebay, amazon, whatever, and you promise to ship on a date... SHIP IT.

Recently had an ebay transaction, ordered August 21st. Package was supposed to go out 24th (following monday). Got a tracking number tuesday after messaging seller but nothing else. Tracking didn't move at all for over two weeks, messages went unanswered.

Opened dispute for non receipt... tracking shows movement next day.

Though at that point I would have preferred to just get a refund. Package finally arrived Sept.14th. Over three weeks later! Mind you it was coming from Florida to NJ... usually 3-5 days, a week at most.

On getting it, one of the pieces is missing, and seller claims it was not part of the package... and coincidentally took down the listing. Asked for a return shipping label, and never got one... only this week ebay finally made determination in my favor with full refund. Though I also gave seller the option of just giving me a partial refund.

Bottom line, is there are both sellers, and buyers who are d*cks and scammers.

I feel for you Eitan, in this situation, but from a buyer perspective, if all I had is a number that is showing in system (in the US at least) that would not be enough to appease me. With USPS at least, tracking number shows as active literally as soon as a label is printed.

Agreed. I'm very patient, but if you're a store, ebay, amazon, whatever, and you promise to ship on a date... SHIP IT.

Recently had an ebay transaction, ordered August 21st. Package was supposed to go out 24th (following monday). Got a tracking number tuesday after messaging seller but nothing else. Tracking didn't move at all for over two weeks, messages went unanswered.

Opened dispute for non receipt... tracking shows movement next day.

Though at that point I would have preferred to just get a refund. Package finally arrived Sept.14th. Over three weeks later! Mind you it was coming from Florida to NJ... usually 3-5 days, a week at most.

On getting it, one of the pieces is missing, and seller claims it was not part of the package... and coincidentally took down the listing. Asked for a return shipping label, and never got one... only this week ebay finally made determination in my favor with full refund. Though I also gave seller the option of just giving me a partial refund.

Bottom line, is there are both sellers, and buyers who are d*cks and scammers.

I feel for you Eitan, in this situation, but from a buyer perspective, if all I had is a number that is showing in system (in the US at least) that would not be enough to appease me. With USPS at least, tracking number shows as active literally as soon as a label is printed.

Yeah I know about the USPS and others like fedex do the same. Here it is not like that.

In anyway I will do what people ask. And take photos of me delivering a pack.

It was proccessed and showed as a valid code. That is the thing.

It does work. It just do not show it went out of Israel. And I personally can not do anything. When the code shows , my job ends.

(emphasis mine)

I take issue with this statement. Your job, as far as shipping and status, only "ends" once the package has been delivered. Until then, the transaction is in limbo, and that uncertainty can fuel a lot of concerns in the buyer.

A lot of these problems can simply be solved by better communications. In this case, checking on the code and communicating with the buyer about what may be going on goes a long way. It also avoids having the buyer feel the need to ping you about the status of their package. You don't have to always send a message, but just check if things are going smoothly, and if not, inform the buyer.

I had one seller (not for a laser) who, for an eBay purchase actually proactively messaged me when he/she noticed that the package status had not updated with any information beyond the initial processing step. The seller told me s/he'd see what's up at the post office because of the delay. I thanked the seller for the heads-up, because while I wasn't in a huge rush to get the package, the delay was abnormal. The update showed that the seller was making sure the transaction was going smoothly, especially when the post office is dropping the ball on data entry.

In the end, the seller messaged me and told me that he/she was sending out another package and if the first one arrived anyway (and it did), to keep it. I'm not saying this is what you should do, but overall, it was the seller's great communications that I was most impressed with. Buyers will cut sellers a lot of slack if they're being "taken care of" by the sellers.

I have thought of doing that before nwfreefly. Are the workers at the counter okay with that?

Yes they seem to be used to it. I don't photgraph the postal worker just the parcel on the scale or counter with the paid shipping label then I take a picture of the receipt I was given showing what I paid and the tracking number.

Yes they seem to be used to it. I don't photgraph the postal worker just the parcel on the scale or counter with the paid shipping label then I take a picture of the receipt I was given showing what I paid and the tracking number.

Most of the time I do take a pic of the parcel. Also the post office worker knows me. When I ask for it , he usually take a pic of the package before it leaves their office in the local post office.

(emphasis mine)

I take issue with this statement. Your job, as far as shipping and status, only "ends" once the package has been delivered. Until then, the transaction is in limbo, and that uncertainty can fuel a lot of concerns in the buyer.

A lot of these problems can simply be solved by better communications. In this case, checking on the code and communicating with the buyer about what may be going on goes a long way. It also avoids having the buyer feel the need to ping you about the status of their package. You don't have to always send a message, but just check if things are going smoothly, and if not, inform the buyer.

I had one seller (not for a laser) who, for an eBay purchase actually proactively messaged me when he/she noticed that the package status had not updated with any information beyond the initial processing step. The seller told me s/he'd see what's up at the post office because of the delay. I thanked the seller for the heads-up, because while I wasn't in a huge rush to get the package, the delay was abnormal. The update showed that the seller was making sure the transaction was going smoothly, especially when the post office is dropping the ball on data entry.

In the end, the seller messaged me and told me that he/she was sending out another package and if the first one arrived anyway (and it did), to keep it. I'm not saying this is what you should do, but overall, it was the seller's great communications that I was most impressed with. Buyers will cut sellers a lot of slack if they're being "taken care of" by the sellers.

I always do that actually. When delays occur or a buyer email me I respond very quickly. Explaining the status. And most of the time even offers a partial refund for shipping costs.

Sometimes , if needed I do upgrade shipping methods even for those who did not pay for it. Just so they get it faster.

I am totally open to buyers. And some of them even has my personal facebook , skype or even phone number so they can text me.

I never been hiding anything from buyers , and always replied as soon as I could. And that is why I think that even with the delay that this customer had , this behavior is not normal.

When I got something I ordered being delayed and does not shows to be shipped. I ask the seller about it. If the seller does not respond in a 2-3 days I send another message. And if then he does not respond at all I will take actions. But most of the times sellers on eBay for example answer quickly. And explain the situation. And as I am covered with PayPal as a buyer I have no fear of my money going away. As a buyer PayPal protects you till the end. Even if you lie to them ( which is kind of sad , as sellers gets a hit from that ).

Last edited:

Only had one worker say I wasn't allowed to do that... but by the time he said it, it was already done.

gozert

Because those are two very very different things. This is a big issue right now in online sales, particularly forum and auction sites. Sellers often obtain tracking numbers before actually providing packages to postal carriers. Those numbers will show up on the postal site, but until the package is actually given to the postal carrier, the tracking number is meaningless (notwithstanding that it is valid). Frankly, there is an epidemic of sketchy sellers who post tracking information rapidly, tell their customers an item has shipped, but "will take several days to update", and use that as a smokescreen for the fact that they haven't actually shipped yet.

I agree with this. Whenever I ship a package, I can literally already see tracking info with the tracking number I got barely a minute ago. This of course is not the case when requesting a tracking number before your package has been delivered to the post office. Only then it will take until it's been delivered to show info.

Now, of course it may be different in Israel, and probably in other countries too. But, if I were you, I would refrain from providing a tracking number to your customers until you've actually seen it update yourself. That way you can never disappoint customers with false info about shipping times, even though they messed up at the office and you didn't.

I agree with this. Whenever I ship a package, I can literally already see tracking info with the tracking number I got barely a minute ago. This of course is not the case when requesting a tracking number before your package has been delivered to the post office. Only then it will take until it's been delivered to show info.

Now, of course it may be different in Israel, and probably in other countries too. But, if I were you, I would refrain from providing a tracking number to your customers until you've actually seen it update yourself. That way you can never disappoint customers with false info about shipping times, even though they messed up at the office and you didn't.

Will start doing it from now on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.