Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

An Apology for Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

diachi

I have 2 Degrees, working on a 3rd in Law(1st Year) and 4th in Microbiology. I'm 19. Boo hoo.

How do you get two degrees by 19? It usually takes 4 years to get a Bachelor's degree alone. Even if you left High School at 16 you'd maybe be able to get your Bachelor's by 19 - that's if you're putting in lots of extra work. I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:
I have 2 Degrees, working on a 3rd in Law(1st Year) and 4th in Microbiology. I'm 19. Boo hoo.

As Diachi said, how do you manage to do that? Generally most people get out of SS at 17/18 unless things differ where you life, and don't get into uni until 19. The only thing I can think of is having a HSM, high school major, but I don't think you can get two of those yet alone a degree.

Vision

How do you get two degrees by 19? It usually takes 4 years to get a Bachelor's degree alone. Even if you left High School at 16 you'd maybe be able to get your Bachelor's by 19 - that's if you're putting in lots of extra work. I'm genuinely curious.

Got a scholarship for Computer Science at 15 and I dual majored that with Arts and VFX. Took 3 years for both, I got about 60-68% Score on both. It was HARD. But I loved those subjects at the time, didn't really do anything with them, so I started Law. Science is my true passion. So, that's next and probably my final degree.

diachi

As Diachi said, how do you manage to do that? Generally most people get out of SS at 17/18 unless things differ where you life, and don't get into uni until 19. The only thing I can think of is having a HSM, high school major, but I don't think you can get two of those yet alone a degree.

Some places it is different - I had enough qualifications to go to Uni for a Bachelor's degree when I left HS at 16. Had I stayed on at HS I could have covered some 1st year Uni courses and started Uni in the 2nd year of a degree at 17. However there is still no way I could have managed two degrees by 19 - one by 20 would have been reasonable.

Got a scholarship for Computer Science at 15 and I dual majored that with Arts and VFX. Took 3 years for both, I got about 60-68% Score on both. It was HARD. But I loved those subjects at the time, didn't really do anything with them, so I started Law. Science is my true passion. So, that's next and probably my final degree.

Guess that explains it! Hadn't heard of anyone doing that before - nice!

Last edited:

Vision

Some places it is different - I had enough qualifications to go to Uni for a Bachelor's degree when I left HS at 16. Had I stayed on at HS I could have covered some 1st year Uni courses and started Uni in the 2nd year of a degree at 17. However there is still no way I could have managed two degrees by 19 - one by 20 would have been reasonable.

I completed the last year qualifying exam at 15-16. I'm nowhere near you guys are from. Different system I guess?

Guess that explains it! Hadn't heard of anyone doing that before - nice!

More like a massive waste of money! I mean, my parents didn't really care but I kinda feel I wasted those 3 years. I still do some VFX every now and then but CS? Pfftt, nada.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Holy crap. :eek: I didn't even graduate from High School until I was 19. (although I had to repeat one year lol) Still have yet to complete any College or Uni. :)

diachi

I completed the last year qualifying exam at 15-16. I'm nowhere near you guys are from. Different system I guess?

Different system from North America for sure - I'm actually from Scotland, moved to Canada a couple of years after finishing HS. Sounds like your system is closer to the Scottish system - except you can't leave HS until you're 16 in Scotland, even if you have all of your qualifications - at least as far as I know. Law says you need to be there! Come to think of it, I had all of my Qualifications when I was 15...

Last edited:
Very interesting. Props to you Ultron, great to see those kinds of achievements.

It's very strict where I live, you must have completed all 4 years of high school to get a ss diploma, and it's impossible to get into any near uni/colleges around here without one. You wouldn't even be looked at if you didn't do 4 years of ss. And if you want to go to university as opposed to college, I believe you have to take uni prep courses on top of the main courses taken already.

diachi

Very interesting. Props to you Ultron, great to see those kinds of achievements.

It's very strict where I live, you must have completed all 4 years of high school to get a ss diploma, and it's impossible to get into any near uni/colleges around here without one. You wouldn't even be looked at if you didn't do 4 years of ss. And if you want to go to university as opposed to college, I believe you have to take uni prep courses on top of the main courses taken already.

Don't know how it is in Ontario but up here and in Alberta (We use the same curriculum) it seems that the pace is slower - at least compared to Scotland - As I said earlier, I had what is essentially grade 12 at 15. That said - up here at least - they offer all sorts of classes that we didn't get. Welding, mechanics classes, IT support classes. I wish I had the chance to do some of those at HS - maybe I wouldn't have went into IT if that were the case. :p

That is impressive though Ultron, good going! How long will the next two degrees take?

Last edited:

Davidx

I've been watching these threads. I thought when I recieved fake tracking numbers that it
was just Eitan getting confused. I like the rest, was promised I'd get a correct number whithin hours.
I had no idea virtually everyone was also getting fake tracking numbers. I don't believe this was the Postal services error, but now understand it was Eitan, not the postal service.

No country has that bad of a postal system

Vision

Holy crap. :eek: I didn't even graduate from High School until I was 19. (although I had to repeat one year lol) Still have yet to complete any College or Uni. :)

Well, I have my parents to thank for that. They gave me access to a lot technology ever since I was little. I was deep into video games, so didn't really do much till later.

Different system from North America for sure - I'm actually from Scotland, moved to Canada a couple of years after finishing HS. Sounds like your system is closer to the Scottish system - except you can't leave HS until you're 16 in Scotland, even if you have all of your qualifications - at least as far as I know. Law says you need to be there! Come to think of it, I had all of my Qualifications when I was 15...

You're VERY close. Except there's really no Law on the age here. You have to remain at school till you're 16 but if you finish the last year exams, you can get out. I'm moving to the U.S for my Microbiology. Amazing potential there. I wanna do research into virology and genetic engineering with human enhancement potentials.

That is strict, I wonder how my qualifications will convert when/if I do my Microbiology in the U.S or Canada. I gotta look into that.

That is impressive though Ultron, good going! How long will the next two degrees take?

Thank you. Nootropics help? :crackup: I got my first year Law exams in 2 weeks. So, 2 more years remaining for that. Then Microbiology is 4 years, 3 + 1 year placement. Then I'm thinking maybe working or go for a PhD. Because I need a PhD to get a position into research.

Last edited:
I've been watching these threads. I thought when I recieved fake tracking numbers that it
was just Eitan getting confused. I like the rest, was promised I'd get a correct number whithin hours.
I had no idea virtually everyone was also getting fake tracking numbers. I don't believe this was the Postal services error, but now understand it was Eitan, not the postal service.

No country has that bad of a postal system

Agreed, postal systems have been around for a long time and definitely 'evolve' in their own way over time, there should be no reason for the packages not getting delivered unless joker's responsible, which we have basically established that he very much is. Not only for failing to deliver packages but for stealing thousands of dollars from customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.