Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Alot of free various laser diodes

byargeon1

I have a good many laser diodes sitting around. Unfortunately my eyes and hands aren't what they used to be and scared I'm gonna mess them up. They are various shapes and sizes. Just want someone to use them. Thanks.

Sta

I guess I’ll take some of em, if they are free. I’ll pm you.

Sta

I'm sure you know but I'll say it anyway, be careful about giving someone that you don't know ( that's not in the business of selling things ) your name and address, trolls data mining, ect....
That’s what they make P.O. Boxes for. :D

I have my doubts, but he very well may be legit. That said, there is no way I'd take him up on it yet, the biggest red flag is he doesn't even tell you what they are or give a picture.

Sir, if no one steps up for a freebee post a photo of the diodes to make believers you aren't one of the forum trolls. Of course, that can be faked or insincere too, but it would be helpful. Problem is, free diodes are too good to be true, few are that generous.

Last edited:
I got a large number of loose laser diodes during the wandering package of laser goodies started by jmillerdoc. That was about 5 years ago and we all took what we wanted from the box then added our own goodies to send to the next member on the list. I still have most of those diodes, but have no idea what wavelength, power, single mode/multi-mode, etc. So, it is not impossible to have a bunch of loose laser diodes that you know little about.

18LJ

Be weary of unnatural generosity, if it sounds too good.....well yall know the rest. That being said however, the path of me becoming interested in lasers began after seeing a bunch of projects on instructables and then coming across someone on craigslist giving away a box with around 5 dozen dvd burner drives. The guy was point person for his company's IT dept and was swapping them out for blu ray drives in all of the company workstations and didnt wanna send em to recycling if they coul be used again by someone else. I ended up with 50 burners to teardown and learn with. So yah its certainly possible just be cautious with your personal info.

You don't need eyes to see what you can't see. Ones intuition would say.........Oooooh my spidy sense is tingling!

Any particular wavelength? I believe I have a 9 mm 1 watt 808nm one in my stock. Don't remember exactly where I put it, but I'm sure I could find it.