Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz vs. Sure modules

anybody got one of each that can do a direct comparison? just wondering what the specific differences are..if any..

I hear the Sure modules are shorter than the Aixiz modules and that they are too small to fit a rkcstr driver in.

The Sure modules are about 2.5mm shorter than the Aixiz. With the Sure modules, in the part that holds the collimating assembly the threads don't extend quite as for down as the Aixiz. Also, the opening that you press the diode into is recessed in the Aixiz modules. This is not so with the Sure. These are the only three differences that I've seen..

Here's a pic that shows the length difference:
DSC00180.jpg

The Sure has the sticker on it.

Obviously using a Sure with a rkcstr driver presents problems..

(phone camera = crappy quality.. sorry)

I'd wanna see what you mean by the recessed part lol. If it's not recessed, how does it get press-fitted in?

What I mean by recessed is in an Aixiz module, the diode gets pressed in until it is slightly recessed past the surface. In the Sure module, it only gets pressed until it is flush with the surface. The diode can't go any further. In an Aixiz module there's a slightly beveled edge around the diode opening. This is not present in a Sure module. I'd take another picture, but you'd never be able to see that kind of detail in any picture from my phone..