Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz Glass Lens Issue

well I bought them from DTR, which I also bought my first blue lens from (the better one) I don't know where he gets them from..
******* Not sure where Jordan got those but I do know he was at one time getting them from AixiZ(Houston Tx)*********
did you try swapping the 1st element or the second one from the other lenses? I'm curious which of the two is causing this..

No, maybe Ill try this tomorrow under some "cleaner" conditions... But I think if it a small variance between the parts it could be basically every part and there should be no "general" solution for this.
.********........... that could be true. I hope this all gets worked out for both of you.

Hak

These are not my first diodes and I pressed all of them in properly using the back part of the Aixiz module

So pressing the diodes in with the back part of the Aixiz module will only get your diode flush with the front half of the module, you'll still need to use another tool to make sure that the diode is fully seated, otherwise it won't focus correctly.

MadEye

Really sure with this?

I got a very precise digital caliper gauge (I hope thats the correct word in englisch...) and measured the "press part" of a laser diode on 1.21mm. The module has exactly 1.40mm space in there. So when pressing them in its only 0.19mm missing, and the only thing changed would be the lens which goes in about 0.2mm deeper in the module. Its absolutely impossible to get my problems because of this, the difference is just to less. It may be better to push it to the end to get a more straight sit, but I think 0.2mm cannot make a difference, at least not when using a screw-lens...

And Im using a little bit modified back part because the "fresh" housings seemed like to be a little bit bent to the inside, so I pressed it very straight to get an absolutly nice fit.

[edit]

The more I think about this, the more I think this has nothing to to with my problem: If the diode would be deeper in the module the glass lens would be more outside (The distance between diode and lens is fix). In the case of my red diode the lens would be in there maybe by 1/4 turn, so absolutely no way of setting any focus point. This would actually make it worse, so I think I can eliminate this point, pushing the diode in less deep could even be a fix for this problem (at least for the focus part)

Last edited:
MadEye;

Here is link to a post I made showing the original Aixiz 3-element lens disassembled with description of each lens:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/aixiz-glass-lens-disassembled-40222.html

Both the Red and original 405 lenses had these lenses with different tints.

In respect to your power loss:
short FL lenses capture more power by being closer to the laser diode.

They also capture more stray light (splash).

Both your 405 & 660 lenses are focusing too far away from the LD.

I would ask for replacement lenses for the ones with long focal lengths. (edited)

LarryDFW

P.S. I still have lots of the original 405 lens sets available like the photo in my disassembly thread

Last edited:
LarryDFW said:
I would ask for replacement lenses with long focal lengths.

you mean short, right? :undecided:
got confused over there... I am having the same issue with the new lenses I got ...

@ MadEye - yes you are right about the diode being flushed in the module... even if you flush it further the focus will even get worse... I just tried it with a red I had which was not all the way in...

and that's just a small difference... as you said - that's not the problem :beer:

now that I have played a little with them I am not happy too :(

Last edited: