Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aixiz 50mW ( AT 164mW !!!! )

diachi

Well my new green arrived today, it's the aixiz 50-80mW off of eBay.

first thing I need to say is WOOOOOOOOW :eek: I installed this in my projector, got it all mounted and fired everything up. Put my LPM infront of it, and it read 50mW . I thought, fair enough. I knew this laser could do more, so I turned the pot up, got to 80mW , and I was pretty happy. I was however keen to see how much further it would go, I turned it up yet more, and it went to 120mW, then to 150mW, then to 164mW !!!!!!!

picture.php

I know that picture is hard to make out, it says 141mW and 164mW. I turned the power back down :yh:

picture.php

Dot at 118mW on a white sheet of paper.

picture.php

Module and driver all mounted in the scanner, the lighter is there because I was sitting the LPM sensor on it to get the right height :p

Now down to the actual module and laser itself. The module is not bad quality, it looks a bit rough, but the machining seems good and well done. The driver seems alright, although I removed the pins for the power and soldered my wires directly onto the board, since they wouldn't take to the pins. the beam seems very nice, still to test divergence. I'm also still to test the modulation on the driver. theres also still a bit more juice left in this laser , I'm sure I could reach nearly 200mW !

I'm VERY happy with my purchase, and I would certainly buy another of these !

If you have any questions you know you can ask ! :D

Regards,

Adam

Last edited:

^Glad to see you got a good one.. They are great for the money! I have four and am waiting on a fifth. For this price, I don't know if I'll ever buy another $200-300 150-250mW labby since I can buy several of these for that price..

diachi

Yeah, I was surprised how good it is ! For the price I'd certainly get another. Modulation is a little slow, but I can't really complain :)

.3lite

Omg, hard to see anything.

I'm wondering if that 164mW is clearly green or maybe some IR aswell?

diachi

There will be some IR, I'll need to measure that. I think it'd be around 10-20mW of IR.

Regards,

Adam

These should work well in a few of the really REALLY low-power systems we have (30mW) - I was seriously planning on ordering the 100mW from Susie later this week, you guys just saved me a TON - I appreciate it!

^I'm still considering getting one of those 100mW modules from Susie.. I like the fact that they are TEC cooled (if we're talking about the same thing..). I should be able to improve the temperature tuning to get some gains over the 100mW rating..
They are considerably more expensive than these, though.

Yeah, I'm taking a chance on these as I bought a few SL5's that were severely underpowered, and the other ones all run right at or around 100mW as they are supposed to - hopefully this will equal the field and let me run all of them together again... I'm not TOO worried about cooling as the units have a fairly large (20cfm I believe) fan that blows directly over the module in each of them, so that'll definitely help keep things calm temp-wise...Even if I can get 80 consistant that would be a major improvement!

And yeah, I believe "twice the price" is the nuumber you were looking for :)

diachi

These modules can be tuned from anywhere from 0-120mW really , some will go a few mW less, some will go a good bit more. Im keeping mines at 120mW , nice and bright, should still give it plenty of life.

Regards,

Adam

So for these labbies, what else would be needed to run them?

Like say if I have nothing at all to start with, I buy one of these, what else would I theoretically need?

All you'd need is a soldering iron and a lamp cord with a plug. You'll need to solder the lamp cord to the AC input connector on the driver board that comes with the laser. The unit uses anywhere from 90VAC to 240VAC.