Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Adds

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAbro

Hey guys,

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section of the forum. But anyways, why are their these stupid ads at the top of the page. I've clicked on them and they go to top laser.com or something like that. Are they supposed to be their.They have become very annoying. lol

Thanks.

You arent very good at making threads.

Look around the forums. Use your eyes. Every single thing you have asked has already been answered. I would neg rep you but im on my phone and cant.

rhd

Look around the forums. Use your eyes. Every single thing you have asked has already been answered. I would neg rep you but im on my phone and cant.

FYI, I've figured out that if you use the Dolphin browser on mobile, write your neg rep in another program and copy it to the clip board, and then open the rep dialog, click the correct radio button, and then paste your negative comment into the field without bringing up the keyboard, you actually CAN leave neg rep on mobile.

It's just a PITA if you don't use Dolphin regularly.... but sometimes the annoyance of a dumb post outweighs the annoyance of jumping browsers as a workaround ;)

Like I always say, AdBlock FTW.

Yes, there's insane amount of ads, but owner says they pay for the server hosting, so you know, ignore them like any other.

Dude, what the hell?! Can you be any more hostile towards new members who are giving their best trying to orient themselves?

We have flashy big ads for companies on top of the forum page, right under which everybody advises not to buy from. It takes a while and luck to find an actual working Google search bar UNDER all the junk ads.

Just because a new member didn't immediately find out everything out before posting a single thing, doesn't mean they deserve tons of neg rep. In fact, since when does "not knowing" something warrants disrespect? Isn't the entire purpose of the forum to share knowledge?

kaunak

Yeah it's pretty simple. The ads are what help pay for the forum and keep it free to use. It's also not true that all the companies advertising are crappy, but many of them are ;)

Like I always say, AdBlock FTW.

Yes, there's insane amount of ads, but owner says they pay for the server hosting, so you know, ignore them like any other.

Dude, what the hell?! Can you be any more hostile towards new members who are giving their best trying to orient themselves?

We have flashy big ads for companies on top of the forum page, right under which everybody advises not to buy from. It takes a while and luck to find an actual working Google search bar UNDER all the junk ads.

Just because a new member didn't immediately find out everything out before posting a single thing, doesn't mean they deserve tons of neg rep. In fact, since when does "not knowing" something warrants disrespect? Isn't the entire purpose of the forum to share knowledge?

Its not this thread in particular. Its every one of his threads that follow the same template: "how do i [question thats been asked 100 times]" or "what is [something that has been discussed 100 times]." It really isn't that hard to use the search bar and just look around the forums.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
The ads cover the costs of running the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.