Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Actual Laser Laws by Country

there are alot of cool places here in oregon to go without drawing atention to ones self and the lab work done indoors with my cool cool glasses is a private matter thanks for letting me share guys and have a good one! P.S. anyone can SAY hey he pointed it in his her direction and there is YOUR incident of course THEY will want to ENFORCE most cops are not good people...

Sry, but does anyone know the laser laws for Austria (not Australia) ?
I want to buy a 100wm green laser from o-like, but i don´t know if that is legal in Austria :S

Last edited:

chucho

In SPAIN you can buy and use any class laser. The only restrictions are for sellers. They only have to show in the laser what class it is and what output they have and tell it is dangerous.
Its no legal to point laser at planes cars etc.
If strong lasers get popular in the future will see how these changes because of stupid people doing wrong things:tsk:

I am new to this forum,

however I am a photonics engineer.

I live in Australia and I work with lasers above 1W every day for a living... yet outside the workplace its illigal to hold in my hands a pointer of over 1mW...

I'm not arguing with the law but for a laser hobbiest in Australia things are pretty rediculous lol. anyone else think that 1mW is just a little too low powered to be the "highest" output legal lol

Hank

Are the sales of full kit with diode for an class 3b laser legal in united states? I remember vaguely that some website selling them got shut down awhile back. Can anyone confirm this?

What about laser modules? not fully assembled lasers, just laser modules like they sell on eBay.

I'm studying EE and i really want to build/sale laser parts to finance my education. It will surely be better than collecting financial aid.

Last edited:

Jmjam

I actually had a Cop come to my aid tonight brought on by my 5mW green laser site.

I was on the beach at Port Dalhousie on Lake Ontario.
Shining my laser out into the lake to see how far out I could still see the beam;
so unless you are a fish in Lake Ontario there was nothing to worry about.
actually if your a fish, just being in Lake Ontario is usually enough to worry about.

then I hear from behind me...

"Hey Asshole, fucking green lasers are fucking illegal!"

seems drunk college muscle head doesn't like lasers, and was trying to impress the young hotty in the belt sized mini so I ignore him and mind my own business.

"Hey, asshole I'm fucking talking to you, enough with the laser or I'm going to shove it up your fucking ass!"

I turn and say to the girl "Like the attitude? Same one most wife beaters have."
She was already giving the muscle head dirty looks and trying to leave...

Muscle head started to walk straight at me, cracking his knuckles, punching his fist into his other hand trying to scare me i guess.

That's when the Mag-lite beam hit muscle head right in the face and the cops that foot patrol the beach during all weekends take him down, put him up against a near by building and start talking, then yelling at muscle head.

seems he didn't know that what he said and actively acting on a threat of violence in Canada can get you free room and board for 4 years as a guest of the Province.

one Cop wanted to know where I got the Laser Gun Site;
because he wants one for his hunting rifle.

fun and games in St.Catharines.

I'm just lucky the cop didn't see the knife I had in my hand when the guy was storming at me.

St. Kittz Represent! lol One thing I think would help if they were to confiscate a laser is to have a cheap decoy 5mW to give instead of the high-powered laser one would usually be using (at least on these forums :D). Most Cops wouldn't know the difference lol.

I am moving to Germany this Octomber and was wondering if I can bring my lasers there. Anyone from Germany that has a clue? Also, are customs confiscating laser stuff there? Is pointing to the sky a legal thing to do, even with high powered lasers?

Asherz

Happy to live in the UK, still I never take my lasers out of the house because if a policeman takes a disliking to the lasers and doesn't fully under stand the legal position of them there's nothing you can really do to stop them confiscating them. Not worth the hassle IMHO.

Australia is so bad!
I live in victoria...the strictest state in the world for laser laws.

MadEye

As far as I know you are allowed to own or import any laser in germany. Above 1mW its not allowed to use them in public places, i dont know exactly if you are allowed to carry them around... I think if u just have to transport them it would be allowed as well, but not without a reason.

If the Laser can be attached to weapon it comes under the gun control law and is completely forbidden (even at 1mw). You need a license for those and must register them.

Also it should be noticed about importing: If there is anything not correct with the laser, no matter if its a missing CE Mark or the Red Beam on the Sticker is not red (Yes it have to be red ...), you will not receive it. Our law says you can import it, but they must meet the safety requirements, so most laser pointers will not...

They say no regulation in canada but why some laser are refuse at customs ? It's rediculous :tsk:

They say no regulation in canada but why some laser are refuse at customs ? It's rediculous :tsk:

There are regulations in Canada... But they are not always
strictly enforced. Just like in the USA a few years ago before the
Wicked Laser fiasco that tightened up the US boarder Customs
security.

Jerry