Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Acronyms for the Forum

I always thought it was just another name for a cd drive tray, perhaps a different named used when the optics were part of the tray (like in laptop drives). Guess I were wrong!

Anyhow, oic0 = Oh, I, see, zero (nothing). Screen name ive had on and off for 10 years or more, seemed appropriate for a laser forum though, just in case I screw up and blind myself, my screen name will atleast be ironic :wave:

Could be. I might have over analyzed the acronym:D
I did find that description, as well as others, for SLED.
So I'm still not sure what it actually stands for:thinking::anyone:

Thank you so much for your list! sometimes Acronyms will be useful ,but I don't think so many Acronyms will be helpful for communication. Wish all the friends here consider more of other people. It's really boring to come across such confussing words

any

Somebody told me IMHO is in my honest opinion, that kind of makes more sense.

No glenn was confusing me with the PHR stuff, he said I'll learn but I doubt it lol

wonderful post from an expert and it will be a fantastic knowledge to us and thank you very much for sharing this valuable information with us.

hey can anyone tell me where the best quickest laser pars placeto order from is? I am new to this but plan on taking very serios. Just bought 200 alpha by nova 532nm bright but want to make my own for high power gun sights

This topic is very useful! I think I'm gonna return here several times...
I cannot find many abbreviations in my portable Britannica electronic dictionary and probably never will... ;)

Well there is 2 types of 6X. Opinions differ on which is the best but IMO...wait gotta add that...IMO the GGW is a better diode. But in the end its all a crap shoot cause diodes differ too.

IMO - In my opinion
IMHO - In my humble opinion.

Somebody told me IMHO is in my honest opinion, that kind of makes more sense.

No glenn was confusing me with the PHR stuff, he said I'll learn but I doubt it lol

Very helpful...+1 on the rep. Is there also a simple terminology thread on the forum or no? Terms like "pill" and other nomenclature designations threw me a bit as I was reading some of the threads. I eventually figured them out but it would be nice to have an explanation thread somewhere along the same lines as this one.

This is an awesome thread. Thank you so much. The Avatar is awesome too. Tymtravler. I love it. ;)

Thanks for all the kind words on my thread, I remember when I started working on lasers and found this great forum I thought I needed to add something useful. Glad this has helped.

paul11

Thanks for the acronyms, i know this will help a lot especially for newbie like me...

im fairly certain WL stands for wicked lasers and wavelength. sorry to necropost but i wanted to add that :(