Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aconsen 200mw Green Laser

Send a PM to C0ld and let him know your feelings on this too.

Thanks for your support.

Thats what happens when you deal with unknown chinese companies.

I hope paypal reimburses you, electron.

Thanks to the PayPal dispute process, my funds have been returned back to me.

I want to Thank everyone who supported me through this issue.

Thats great news!

At least everyone now knows not to buy any high power lasers from her :)

I've gone through the "getting a PayPal Refund" process a few times... and it doesn't work that fast unless the seller initiates the Refund before PayPal gets to your case and that can be quite long and frustrating :)

Since this is in to different threads, not everyone seen the latest post from her, so I'm re posting it over here along with my response;

Standstone11 said:
Dear all

For Electron case , I want to say even if the module arrived at underpower ,it is just one  until now . it may be caused by many reasons , operating temperature , test method , or some happened on the way . pls trust me i didn't cheat him at all . I have 100% honest to sell him 200mw green laser torch . but finally it is underpowered ,I sent to him some e-mails initially just want to check and make sure if it really underpower , it is reasonable , if every customer said the product he got is underpower and I respond to exchange or refund at once . it is not possible .I should ensure if it is test by properly or some other reasons then do exchange or refund .
so Electron thought me persistent and post it on LPF and call me fraud . i never said to him I WON'T exchange or refund . as long as he said he didn't like it at all or ask a new one , I will do as he requested even pay the freight .but he didn't ,he beat and abuse me with some others  . which hurt me deeply . i want to end up this case and let him return and refund him . he said 6~7 days will arrive at me , but 10 days passed it still not arrive . so I go to business trip to another city  .finally it arrive at last Friday late afternoon and my colleague sigature it instead of me as I am at another city . our colleague thought it is just a common parcel from customers,just left it in my drawer , we have many parcels from foreigner who let us develop new products . so I came back today morning and saw Joe's message and his dispute to paypal .  now I refund to him .
in addition,i didn't advise him if there is IR filter ,it is my neglect and forget .but I sell to many customers here are all without IR filter and declared on my post .I think I should  pay more attention in future when quoted .

pls don't refer to this case anymore ,my post is so long .end up it !!!!!!!!!!

PS:ensure to be enough .if underpower , pls return it to me freight first at your expense  . if it really didn't work or underpower , I will make exchange and refund you the frieght you prepaid . then send exchange items to you freight paid by me .

You know it's a shame even when the refund has been completed after I complained to PayPal, you still have to try and lie about it and twist the facts around in an attempt to save face.  You were on this forum everyday and even sent PM's to others; sure you could have read it from another location, but then you certainly knew about the package. 2nd you didn't refund the return shipping fee, you played a game. 3rd you knew & checked yourself it would take 10 days for the package to arrive. 4th they attempted to delivery the package in the morning and you wasn't home; you signed for it at the end of the day. It was a nice square box, I doubt it was tossed into a desk drawer, as it won't fit most.  5. You didn't refund back Monday when you go into "work", rather you made the refund Tuesday @ 10:16pm AFTER I filed a complaint with PayPal....I'm sure you read the complaint and said "crap now what to do, and you knew the smart thing was to refund".

Here's the message trails of the events, and Yes Finally it refunded; but make no mistake about unlike what she states above, she did NOT pay return freight, rather played a little game which netted the original only.  Susie you said your bit and now I'm responding to it.

****message trails****

To: aconsenco@live.cn
Subject: RE: solve problem
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 23:26:16 -0400

Susie the USPS online site shows the package to cost USD $35.00 for Priority Mail 6-10 days delivery time, the Post Office dosen't open to 9am though,

Let me know if this acceptable to you.

Joe

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:49:22 +0800

Dear Joe ,

That is too much , I will pay part of it =$15.00 ,then refund you $240.00 for goods value(not include previous freight 15.00)  when goods arrived in original package and no scratch .
I won't send you again as you hurt me as well as I WON'T risk at USA customs .

so that means I will give fund to you this time freight $15.00 +$240.00=$255.00.

Susie .

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 00:00:35 -0400

Susie, you can go to http://www.usps.com and put in shipping from 33778 to China, small package, 35oz priority shipping 6-10 days w/ins $250.00 and that is the amount they want.

Joe
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:14:04 +0800

Dear Joe ,

I saw this http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10063&M=2&P=0&O=35&sd=1

on line price is $29.50 . post office is $31.50.

I am confused now ,pls let me know your ideas what I should do .

Susie
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 00:52:27 -0400

That looks correct Susie, I added insurance to protect the both of us.

Those prices are always a little off, I'll will ship it out in the morning and I will give Scan the receipt and send you the Image of it; so that you know the exact price.

Joe

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:15:55 +0800

Dear Joe,

Shall I pay freight at $15.00 .and then refund you $240.
that means I will refund you at your original fund $255.00 . that Paypal will return my fees when receive your origianl $250.00 . can you understand me ?

Susie

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:20:57 +0800

Dear Joe ,

Or do you accept my second propose , refund you part and you won't return product.

Susie
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 01:55:45 -0400

Susie,

I will be shipping you the Laser back when the Post Office opens here, it's only 1:55AM they don't open until 9:00AM.

I will send you an image of the receipt I get from the Post Office once I have it.

Please refund the Laser and let us both put this behind us.

Thank you,

Joe

Significantly Not as Described dispute Open: Case #PP-571-704-904
Sent: Tue 10/28/08 7:01 AM

Your Significantly Not as Described dispute for the payment you sent to
on Sep 24, 2008 (Transaction 4A783364TK122974Y) is now open.

We notified

of your request for a $255.00 USD refund. If

agrees
to this refund, the dispute will be closed once the refund is processed.

Dispute Closed: Case #PP-571-704-904[ch8207]
Sent: Tue 10/28/08 10:16 AM

This email confirms that your dispute with

is now closed.

Either you have reached a resolution with the seller or the dispute has
been open for more than 20 days.

Thank you,

PayPal

Attachments

• Susie_track_001.jpg
    Susie_track_001.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 95
And to be clear as to what the return shipping fee cost;

Attachments

• Susie_001.jpg
    Susie_001.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 105
So ,why didn't I return your freight $15.00 (half) ? you can think . you are rude to me , just like you slap on my face ,do you think I still smile to you ? that is not possible . as for you . refund you good amount and take in a half freight ,that is the best I can do .

Standstone11 said:
So ,why didn't I return your freight $15.00 (half) ?  you can think . you are rude to me , just like you slap on my face ,do you think I still smile to you ? that is not possible . as for you . refund you good amount and take in a half freight ,that is the best I can do .

You took his money.. you cost him money... you caused him a lot of trouble just to return/refund/exchange his unit... you say you have good customer service, but you dont...

How would you feel if you bought a computer that said it was a Quad core system then when you check it it's only a Single Core system... then on top of that... you try to return/exchange/refund it... and they tell you that they have to test it on their machines to see if it is when you know 100% that it is not what you paid for... and they still fight with you ... then they tell you they'll pay 1/2 the price of the shipping???

Put yourself in his position. I'm sure you would be really mad if this happened to you too.

Yes that is the problem with Susie (Standstone11) she keeps trying to distort the facts, maybe she has trouble with Math.

Laser $240.00 + shipping $15.00 = $255.00 total cost paid via PayPal to get Laser.

Return shipping for bad Laser cost additional $32.25, total cost spent on this Laser problem $255.00 + $32.25 = $287.25

She only returned the original $255.00 spent through PayPal, because she had no choice; otherwise her actions would have constituted fraud, since she signed for the returned laser, and between PayPal and my Credit Card company I would have never got stuck with that charge.

So in that regard she did the right thing.....but ONLY after I filed a complaint, because it sure seems she had no problem in signing for the package and not returning my money until I filed a compliant, that speaks to her integrity. I guess she was afraid PayPal would suspend and/or cancel her account, and about 4 hours later after thinking about what to do, she did the only thing she could do and not risk her account, which was to return the money.

She did NOT pay ANY portion what-so-ever of the return shipping charges, period.

After looking over the list power levels of those lasers, I contend she shipped me the lowest model Laser and that is why the output was too low for what I paid for, no label on the laser box, no label on the laser; no way to really tell what I was shipped. I know what I paid for, and the meter confirmed it's low power output.

These Lasers are suppose to be available according to Susie in the following 4 configurations;

90-100mw <<--------------- Do you think I got this one?? I do, it's consistent with my Meter readings.

110-120mw

140-150mw

190-200mw <<------I paid for this one

Her reply was isn't the Laser bright for you?? What purpose do you want the Laser for??

What's the difference what I wanted it for? I bought and paid for 200mw 532nm.

This problem would have been very easy to solve from the very beginning IF she would have entertained that maybe the wrong Laser of lower power got shipped to me and offered to take it back and replace it with the correct one. She was betting I would find it bright enough, I wouldn't pay to ship it back; wrong on both accounts. Instead she blamed my Meter, and stated she tested the output to be 200mw and that is that; that really pissed me off. Now while she isn't disputing (I think) power output of the return laser, she says maybe it was a temp problem, you mean @ 72F it can't put out 200mw's like it's suppose??

Admit it, you sent me the 90-100mw range Laser, thought it would be bright enough for me and thought I'd never notice that it really wasn't 200mw's; WRONG!!

Susie, I hope you learned from this, I know I have a-lot less trust from people I don't know now because of you, but that is why I used a CC to fund it, just in case of people like you.....Do yourself a favor, find a new venture, and get yourself a Calculator, because you didn't pay ONE DIME in RETURN SHIPPING costs.

Kenom

electron said:
Yes that is the problem with Susie (Standstone11) she keeps trying to distort the facts, maybe she has trouble with Math.

Laser $240.00 + shipping $15.00 = $255.00 total cost paid via PayPal to get Laser.

Return shipping for bad Laser cost additional $32.25, total cost spent on this Laser problem $255.00 + $32.25 = $287.25

She only returned the original $255.00 spent through PayPal, because she had no choice; otherwise her actions would have constituted fraud, since she signed for the returned laser, and between PayPal and my Credit Card company I would have never got stuck with that charge.

So in that regard she did the right thing.....but ONLY after I filed a complaint, because it sure seems she had no problem in signing for the package and not returning my money until I filed a compliant, that speaks to her integrity. I guess she was afraid PayPal would suspend and/or cancel her account, and about 4 hours later after thinking about what to do, she did the only thing she could do and not risk her account, which was to return the money.

She did NOT pay ANY portion what-so-ever of the return shipping charges, period.

After looking over the list power levels of those lasers, I contend she shipped me the lowest model Laser and that is why the output was too low for what I paid for, no label on the laser box, no label on the laser; no way to really tell what I was shipped. I know what I paid for, and the meter confirmed it's low power output.

These Lasers are suppose to be available according to Susie in the following 4 configurations;

90-100mw  <<--------------- Do you think I got this one?? I do, it's consistent with my Meter readings.

110-120mw

140-150mw

190-200mw  <<------I paid for this one

Her reply was isn't the Laser bright for you?? What purpose do you want the Laser for??

What's the difference what I wanted it for? I bought and paid for 200mw 532nm.

This problem would have been very easy to solve from the very beginning IF she would have entertained that maybe the wrong Laser of lower power got shipped to me and offered to take it back and replace it with the correct one.  She was betting I would find it bright enough, I wouldn't pay to ship it back; wrong on both accounts. Instead she blamed my Meter, and stated she tested the output to be 200mw and that is that; that really pissed me off. Now while she isn't disputing (I think) power output of the return laser, she says maybe it was a temp problem, you mean @ 72F it can't put out 200mw's like it's suppose??

Admit it, you sent me the 90-100mw range Laser, thought it would be bright enough for me and thought I'd never notice that it really wasn't 200mw's; WRONG!!

Susie, I hope you learned from this, I know I have a-lot less trust from people I don't know now because of you, but that is why I used a CC to fund it, just in case of people like you.....Do yourself a favor, find a new venture, and get yourself a Calculator, because you didn't pay ONE DIME in RETURN SHIPPING costs.

Now I want to be clear here. I am not defending susie's side. I am merely going to make a statement. I too would be pissed beyond belief and feel wronged beyond repair at this whole incident. However, shipping is generally not something you get a refund on when returning a laser or any product. I don't know how many times I've had to swallow $30 to ship back a defective DVR card to china feeling the entire time that the money spent was almost a waste given the initial price of the card. In this instance I'd say it was more a matter of principle than actually wanting a refund but I'm not electron. In no way shape or form will I ever purchase from this retailer specifically because of the poor customer service. Arguing with the customer and calling them liars is not the way to run a business. Also if your going to claim something (like paying for return shipping) DO IT! Do you honestly think that the pennies you'd spend on paying for return shipping and clearing your name won't be made up in return sales as a result of clearing your name and proving your a good retailer? Hell no! You'll make that up in no time flat if that were the case. But it's not. You lied and that makes you a scammer in my book 100% Even given the fact you refunded his money. SCAM.

Benm

However, shipping is generally not something you get a refund on when returning a laser or any product.

That depends between companies, countries etc.

As a general rule, a seller -should- refund return shipping costs if the item was -defective-, i.e. if the seller is at fault, requiring the client to return the item. A laser that puts out half the power it is supposed to is -defective- and replacement should be provided at the cost of the seller, including any shipping either way.

When a customer receives a product that is not defective, but he regrets his purchase and wants to return it for a refund, its perfectly normal for the customer paying shipping charges either way. This would have been the case if he actually received a 200 mW laser, but then figured he needs a 300 mW for some purpose and wants to return/exchange... not the case here!