Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aconsen 200mw Green Laser

Well their meter wasn't hard to find based on their video, it's a Viasho Laser Power Meter (VLP-2000).

Just so happens one of our members on here sells them, but I don't think he stocks them though; and he uses a Coherent himself. Optotronics is a Viasho Retailer in the USA for the famous RPL's which I just happen to have 2 of from Jack  ::)

Hey Jack, using Susie's method of measuring did you know the RPL's you sell put out 2.5 WATTS of Power.
I guess the price of the RPL's is really going to jump sky high now.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jack, chime in if your reading this; I'm going to need to get in-touch with you this coming Monday.

electron said:
Well their meter wasn't hard to find based on their video, it's a Viasho Laser Power Meter (VLP-2000).

Just so happens one of our members on here sells them, but I don't think he stocks them though; and he uses a Coherent himself. Optotronics is a Viasho Retailer in the USA for the famous RPL's which I just happen to have 2 of from Jack  ::)

Hey Jack, using Susie's method of measuring did you know the RPL's you sell put out 2.5 WATTS of Power.
I guess the price of the RPL's is really going to jump sky high now.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jack, chime in if your reading this; I'm going to need to get in-touch with you this coming Monday.
Hi Joe,
I have some experience with the VLP-2000 meter, I recently got one in on special order for a customer.
The VLP-2000 has a nice thermal head on it, so it reports the sum of all wavelengths just like both yours and my Coherent meters.
If anything, it's very likely that the meter they use could not be accurate as they do not go through a formal calibration or are traced back to a calibrated standard.
It's also very easy to change what the meter is really reading. They have a calibration pot inside that is easy turn and could be adjusted to report higher than real results, so the video tells nothing really except for the fact that someone made a video of the VLP-2000 in action. Oh, it does tell me something else....That the person taking these measurement doesn't know what they're doing.
1. They are holding a thremal head in their hand??? The heat from their body will transfer to the head and increase the output reading.
2. They are holding the laser directly against the head. This kind of forms a seal (not air tight), but prohibits air from floing freely and any heat built up by the laser onto the sensor is held inside this small space and that too increases the heat and the reading as well.

On a side note, the meter I got in I compared with my Coherent Fieldmaster GS and LM-3 head. I did comparisons with 473nm and 532nm lab system that were very stable and at output levels from 2mW up to 140mW and in all cases the VLP-2000 reported values that were 6-8% higher than my Coherent meter reported.
I adjusted that internal pot to set the meter calibration and after that it was pretty much right on with the Coherent across both 473 and 532nm wavelenths at various output levels (within 1 percent).
What was kind of bizarre was that I contacted the manufacturer and told them of this was the reply I got, which could have lost something in the translation one way or the other; but in effect I was told what I understood to be was that USA miliwatts are a little less than China milliwatts???
I always thought a milliwatt was a milliwatt???
Anyway, I didn't push the subject as it could have been a misunderstanding in the translation and it didn't really matter as I had calibrated to my own meter.

Jack

Kenom

bootleg2go said:
[quote author=electron link=1223589264/40#48 date=1223745725]Well their meter wasn't hard to find based on their video, it's a Viasho Laser Power Meter (VLP-2000).

Hi Joe,
I have some experience with the VLP-2000 meter, I recently got one in on special order for a customer.
The VLP-2000 has a nice thermal head on it, so it reports the sum of all wavelengths just like both yours and my Coherent meters.
If anything, it's very likely that the meter they use could not be accurate as they do not go through a formal calibration or are traced back to a calibrated standard.
It's also very easy to change what the meter is really reading. They have a calibration pot inside that is easy turn and could be adjusted to report higher than real results, so the video tells nothing really except for the fact that someone made a video of the VLP-2000 in action. Oh, it does tell me something else....That the person taking these measurement doesn't know what they're doing.
1. They are holding a thremal head in their hand??? The heat from their body will transfer to the head and increase the output reading.
2. They are holding the laser directly against the head. This kind of forms a seal (not air tight), but prohibits air from floing freely and any heat built up by the laser onto the sensor is held inside this small space and that too increases the heat and the reading as well.

On a side note, the meter I got in I compared with my Coherent Fieldmaster GS and LM-3 head. I did comparisons with 473nm and 532nm lab system that were very stable and at output levels from 2mW up to 140mW and in all cases the VLP-2000 reported values that were 6-8% higher than my Coherent meter reported.
I adjusted that internal pot to set the meter calibration and after that it was pretty much right on with the Coherent across both 473 and 532nm wavelenths at various output levels (within 1 percent).
What was kind of bizarre was that I contacted the manufacturer and told them of this was the reply I got, which could have lost something in the translation one way or the other; but in effect I was told what I understood to be was that USA miliwatts are a little less than China milliwatts???
I always thought a milliwatt was a milliwatt???
Anyway, I didn't push the subject as it could have been a misunderstanding in the translation and it didn't really matter as I had calibrated to my own meter.

Jack[/quote]

You will also notice that as she's holding said sensor that the output is registering 0.  so taking into account the reading is going to be zeroed to include the heat of her hand of course it's going to be off.  WAY OFF.

Oh and chinese mW are higher? The chinese always think they are better than everyone. So why shouldn't thier mW be higher than everyone else? Pffft.

Well that dumb WITCH just dinged MY Rep points on here...........time to show her the same, I have left that untouched until NOW

Anybody else care to ding her???

electron said:
Well that dumb WITCH just dinged MY Rep points on here...........time to show her the same, I have left that untouched until NOW

how do I do that?? kinda semi-new to these forums

I hope the two of you work this out. She has offered to replace my bad module with a module 2x's the power(50 Mw's vs 25) and I just basically pay for the cost of shipping (seems fair). It would have cost me $12.00 to ship it back. Anyway, I think we not only have a language barrier but also a difference in the way business is handled in China vs the US. I have traveled all over the world and the US is the most forgiving when it comes to "return item" policies. The problem buying from an individual is that they are not a store like "Best Buy". I have bought diodes from others and they are dead upon arrival...it is a problem since they are sold "as is" and can't be returned. A laser is in the same boat when bought from an individual...I say it worked when I shipped it but then you receive it and it doesn't. How do I know it wasn't dropped or busted during the delivery process? If it were me I would ask for it to be returned and I would fix it for free. But others in another country are not always that way. Buying anything from an individual, especially someone from another country, is a gamble. A gamble where you risk getting nothing for your money. I asked Susie to accept your laser and suggested she either refund your money or send you a replacement that is truly 200 mW's. I hope she takes my advice. She has sold many modules to others with good results. I hope one bad transaction does not ruin her relationship with LPF :)
P.S. Please don't flame me this is truly just my stinking opinion and not pointed to anyone not mentioned above :) Also, any lasers I sell are guaranteed not to be DOA and to meet the stated mW's ;D

Hey electron... this -REP crap got started by Wes yesterday... he -REPed her about
your problem with her... Then today she -REPed you......... :p

I think everyone (Seller and Buyers) will suffer over this one.. All my stuff from her
was OK and better than specs up to this point.

It is... good to know... before spending big bucks... that she will not just take it back
and send a new one. That is the only way potential buyers would trust her.

Another thing.... why did she not show a 200mW being tested on her meter...
the video test only went just over 100mW with a pointer?????  That... proves
absolutely nothing..... :-/

WackBag said:
I hope the two of you work this out.  She has offered to replace my bad module with a module 2x's the power(50 Mw's vs 25) and I just basically pay for the cost of shipping (seems fair).  It would have cost me $12.00 to ship it back.  Anyway, I think we not only have a language barrier but also a difference in the way business is handled in China vs the US.  I have traveled all over the world and the US is the most forgiving when it comes to "return item" policies.  The problem buying from an individual is that they are not a store like "Best Buy".  I have bought diodes from others and they are dead upon arrival...it is a problem since they are sold "as is" and can't be returned.  A laser is in the same boat when bought from an individual...I say it worked when I shipped it but then you receive it and it doesn't.  How do I know it wasn't dropped or busted during the delivery process?  If it were me I would ask for it to be returned and I would fix it for free.  But others in another country are not always that way.  Buying anything from an individual, especially someone from another country, is a gamble.  A gamble where you risk getting nothing for your money.  I asked Susie to accept your laser and suggested she either refund your money or send you a replacement that is truly 200 mW's.  I hope she takes my advice.  She has sold many modules to others with good results.  I hope one bad transaction does not ruin her relationship with LPF :)  
P.S. Please don't flame me this is truly just my stinking opinion and not pointed to anyone not mentioned above :)  Also, any lasers I sell are guaranteed not to be DOA and to meet the stated mW's ;D

Well stated WackBag... ;)

AoiShikaku said:
[quote author=electron link=1223589264/40#51 date=1223772568]Well that dumb WITCH just dinged MY Rep points on here...........time to show her the same, I have left that untouched until NOW

how do I do that??  kinda semi-new to these forums[/quote]

You can't do anything until you get over 50 posts... it will come apparent.

Ok look i leave Standstone11 a - rep because she sold Electron a laser,and is trying to prove him wrong that it is 200mw, and she leave me a -rep for being honest ???? Gee wizz !!

WackBag:

I would never flame you for posting your opinion here, I asked everyone that was interested to feel free to post here.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion here and my skin is much thicker than that. I'm also not a child, far from it; I don't know if I mentioned it, but with shipping that "Laser" cost me $255.00 to which I worked hard for that money.

I wonder how long it would take Susie to earn an extra $255.00 beyond her bill money to pay for a toy like that and then get screwed over on it. I hear the wage scale is a bit lower in China :eek: :eek:

WackBag said:
I hope the two of you work this out.  She has offered to replace my bad module with a module 2x's the power(50 Mw's vs 25) and I just basically pay for the cost of shipping (seems fair).  It would have cost me $12.00 to ship it back.  Anyway, I think we not only have a language barrier but also a difference in the way business is handled in China vs the US.  I have traveled all over the world and the US is the most forgiving when it comes to "return item" policies.  The problem buying from an individual is that they are not a store like "Best Buy".  I have bought diodes from others and they are dead upon arrival...it is a problem since they are sold "as is" and can't be returned.  A laser is in the same boat when bought from an individual...I say it worked when I shipped it but then you receive it and it doesn't.  How do I know it wasn't dropped or busted during the delivery process?  If it were me I would ask for it to be returned and I would fix it for free.  But others in another country are not always that way.  Buying anything from an individual, especially someone from another country, is a gamble.  A gamble where you risk getting nothing for your money.  I asked Susie to accept your laser and suggested she either refund your money or send you a replacement that is truly 200 mW's.  I hope she takes my advice.  She has sold many modules to others with good results.  I hope one bad transaction does not ruin her relationship with LPF :)  
P.S. Please don't flame me this is truly just my stinking opinion and not pointed to anyone not mentioned above :)  Also, any lasers I sell are guaranteed not to be DOA and to meet the stated mW's ;D

I agree with Wackbag. I hope she is still willing to take your laser back Electron for one that outputs a total of 200mw our refunds your money. I value a source of green modules at very good prices. Especially since our  government once more is chewing away at our constitutional rights. If some idiot shines a laser at a helicopter, then 200,000,000 people shouldn't have them.

Just to help settle this Electron, I agree to pay your return postage. Let me know what it is.

Peace

Docjohn  :) :) :)

Here's a pic of the IR Filters I used for testing. I don't have a holder yet that I can mount them in, so I put one in a plastic cloths pin and put it into the path of the beam.

I then got the idea to used a 2nd table tripod hold the cloths pin with and I can slide it in-front of the Laser being measured, thus freeing of my hands....looks cheesy but works very effectively. I'm told the filters are very fragile and not touch them with your fingers.....so that why I choose the plastic to hold them with and I haven't touched them at all with anything else.

It was fun try and trying again to get it positioned in the clothes pin, but I finally got where I want it.

Attachments

• IR_Filers.jpg
    IR_Filers.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 93
Oh here's a pic of my "cheap" meter I use for testing;

Attachments

• P7300111.JPG
    P7300111.JPG
    616.2 KB · Views: 101