Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Ace Beam w30

BobMc

2.4km throw with 500lumens and a tiny form factor?
Couldn't help myself, it's already on its way to me.

They state 14W source but I can't find any technical specs. Would this be powered with dual nubm44's through a prism? There's no duty cycle information so I just surmising.
I understand the draw., I haven’t ordered mine yet. Did you order off EBay or from Ace Beam direct? Will be ordering mine in a week or so. :)

I hear their shooting a laser through phosphorus to make the light. Duty cycle haven't read about, will be interesting to see. Best wishes
BobMc

Last edited:

RB astro

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey yah Bob !!!
How's things bro?
I've missed you.
Mind you, I haven't been around much lately either.
Great to see you're enjoying your touring trips.
I have a bit of time up my sleeve atm before work starts up again.

RB
(y)

RedCowboy

2.4km throw with 500lumens and a tiny form factor?
Couldn't help myself, it's already on its way to me.

They state 14W source but I can't find any technical specs. Would this be powered with dual nubm44's through a prism? There's no duty cycle information so I just surmising.
I was very tempted to order one but I can't maker myself pay nearly 300 bucks for 500 lumens, however I am glad you ordered one and I hope you will share pics and details when you get it.

As for 14 watts that would likely be the total draw into the driver which would mean 13w into the diode and that's worth about 4-5 watts out, I expect it might use an Osram PLTB450B diodes or possibly a new diode that could output 5w pushed but 3.5-4w in the flashlight and the divergence of that diode I am interested in, hopefully if it's so we will see it in the wild, but this is speculation., could well be a pltb450B.

I can tell you the multi mode blues are less efficient when overdriven and the flashlight maker is likely not overdriving, also a 44 diode doing 7w is getting 4.5a @ 4.5v so 20w into the 44 diode to get 7w+ out but that is overdriven.

Also it runs on a single 21700 cell so it's boosted which is less efficient, I seriously doubt the LD is putting out more than 4w if that much, but you can easily take a current reading by using a jumper in place of your tail cap and taking a current reading, I like to use an inductive meter but you can use a multi meter's DC current function and test it inline to see what the draw is 14w with sag would be around 4 amps from the one 21700 cell so that's likely as hard as they would push it, to power 2x44's even at factory spec would need 3 batteries in series to be safe and not get them too hot, 2 x 21700 cells at minimum.
---edit---
I see that they include a single 18650 adaptor so that goes to show what the output is really limited to in total watts of light out or the output of the LD that pumps the phosphor, I expect it's around 1.5w to 3.5w the Osram pltb450B is a likely candidate and possibly a pair of them which could account for 14w draw from the single battery if that's correct.

Last edited:

Phenomite

I understand the draw., I haven’t ordered mine yet. Did you order off EBay or from Ace Beam direct? Will be ordering mine in a week or so. :)

I hear their shooting a laser through phosphorus to make the light. Duty cycle haven't read about, will be interesting to see. Best wishes
BobMc
Local retailer. Should be here early next week.