Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A show I made

I would have repped you twice if the system would have let me.

That my friend is one excellent job. Gives others something to strive for.......

Next time someone says something about "if it won't burn then what do you use it for" I will hotlink this thread.

that is a great show man!!!! It really is my new favorite. and the build quality looks professional, thats amazing

michael

@#$% man! Thats awesome, I so need to get FB3. Was that LiveShow you were using, or something else?

Things

Really the only show software that comes with the FB3 is Showrider. Quickshow was released recently, but it's mainly more of a live program. It does have a timeline, but not (yet) as powerful as showrider. I went to make a show last night, but I barely know the basics of showrider, + the song turned out to be 20+ minutes! That is too much for my creativity levels :p

Cheers for the info Things, tempted to buy one...more money on lasers. Dam it all adds up. LOL

I showed a few friends last night and they wanted to watch more than once! Absolutely loved it :D

this show never gets old. i show it to every body. the music is awsome too. I know i've commented in this thread before but it's that great of a show.

michael

Great artistry and lots of experience to get there. Kudos

Last edited:

Burnsy

Absolutely awesome man :D
I've never seen such a good and well timed to the music show...
How long did it take you to compose/program that show if I may ask?

About 3-6 hours a day for a week. It may seem like a lot, but anyone in conventional film editing will tell you this is fairly typical. You can get away with less, but I had specific, relatively complex ideas in mind.

Each movement has to be programmed, and all sorts of parameters must be established. Frame, color, position, rotation, cloning, saturation, size, brightness, and a few others I can't remember. Not only must start and stop values be set, but the rate of change in those values must be set ie logarithmic, exponential, linear, sine, random, etc. It's challenging, yet fun!

Here's a simplification of the process. Let's say I want to have a green beam appear in the upper left, and fade while moving to the upper right. I open a file that has a simple white dot in it. I place it on the timeline and drag it to the duration I want it to appear. On the position track below it, I select start position -25000,25000 end position 25000,2500, then set the move to "accelerate" lets say. On the color track below that, I select both start and end to 0,255,0. Then on the brightness track below that, I select start value of 255, end value of 120 and leave the default "linear" mode in place. Again, this is for a simple beam moving and fading, and will only take up 1-2 seconds of your song. You can see how more complex animations may take more time :p

It's a pretty intuitive GUI though, so It's not difficult to learn.