Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

A show I made

Cyparagon

GENTLEMEN: BEHOLD!

My projector includes a 1050mW CNI 532nm, 500mW LaserWave 635nm, and 250mW LaserWave 473nm (for a total of 1.8W BEFORE color balancing, modulation losses, and optical losses). It uses ScanPro 20s, Flashback 3 DAC from Pangolin, and an ATX power supply for the laser drivers. This is all built in a computer case. Software used is ShowRider

Music is by Sonata Arctica, and was re-dubbed after filming, so the synchronization isn't as perfect as it could be.

I ask that you use this Megaupload link (154MB) Since it has great quality. But if you absolutely cannot wait, here is a link to my photobucket that has reduced quality. The show's duration is 5:43.

Note: This is NOT one of those "I'm going to play random laser frames for random durations with no concept of tempo, dynamics, down beats, key, or harmony" shows :yabbem:

Enjoy :beer:

Edit: I've been informed the Megaupload link goes down from time to time, so here is another link you can try for a good copy:

Last edited:

Prototype

Good show man. A not to everyone else, play this with VLC if you have it, it was very choppy for me using Windows Media Player.

rpaloalto

I just watched your piece of art, that was so cool +rep 4u
Your synchronization was not that bad. I only saw a few parts, were I could tell you intended something big to happen the changing music.

Grix

Very cool. Do you mind exporting the show to an ilda file? I would love to run this in spaghetti.

Cheech

So a 20k does that smooth of a liquid beam. I like it.
Everything I've read about the 20's were lies.
I especially liked the pendulum type beams.

jupiter8

Cyparagon, that was absolutely incredible, thank you for posting it. That there is inspiration that'll inspire me to keep learning and building lasers.

Jaseth

As I have already told you, amazing show! I really like how much it follows the rhythm and mood of the music.

Would it be possible to link to where you got that computer case? I haven't been able to find a good quality one that is big enough to house all my PSUs and optics yet.

Seb