Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A "hey" from New Jersey

Hey Everyone!

I am fairly new to LPF (6 months as a member? and almost no posts) but I have a lot of experience with dangerous things.

A little bio,
At age 6, I began shooting rifle with my dad. The "golden rule" was, "Never point a gun at anything you do not wish to destroy" I never have.

At age 10, my dad was fed up with all my chemistry and physics related questions, so he handed me 2 old college textbooks. Physics and Chemistry! I swallowed them within a few months.

At age 12, I was making my own re-usable rocket engines out of machined steel, using black powder as the propellant. I had several blow up before I got it right. Thank God for the safety shield I put up.

At age 13, I successfully made nitroglycerin, and briefly experimented with blasting gelatin. I am glad I wore ear protection. One drop exploding sounded like a gun shot.

At age 16, I made a rechargeable battery capable of a 50 amp draw. It lasted for about 150 cycles, and had a capacity of 15 amp hours

Also at age 16 I made a 3 foot rail gun, firing at 2 kilojoules of power, launching carbon projectiles at 2 km/s.

Now at age 18, I have begun experimenting with lasers. My first one is a Waterproof 200mW o-like. I bought safety goggles for 650nM red light.

So far, I am most fascinated by lasers. :)

Can't wait to learn more!

I have great respect for dangerous things, and as it is common sense that lasers are too, I will be taking a lot of care when using them :)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
welcome to lpf=)

im originally from NJ, near princeton area

have fun
peace
-ave

Same here. Good to see more NJ "mad scientists" :) Somerville/Martinsville area in NJ, and then later on, Flemington/Bridgewater area.

I used to go to these "science camps" run by this Neil Schulmann guy in NJ when I was younger... Probably got me into all the dangerous stuff I'm into today.
That kind of thing seems to be more popular in NJ? More kids I knew from there were ham radio operators growing up, and stuff like that...

WELCOME-
hope you have not used up your nine lives-

enjoy LPF

hak

ps

check out Sam' laser FAQ
he is our guru

WRM

I'm originally from Old Bridge, now live in West Trenton. I spent my childhood playing with things like sodium and potassium metal and white phosphorous (very cool; but extremely dangerous substances). Doing so now would probably prompt a Homeland Security investigation. Bill