Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A Guide To Buying Your First Green Laser

ElektroFreak said:
^Great guide, random.. My only input would be that I think you should remove ebay from your list of bad places to buy green lasers and other laser-related goods. There are a great many awesome deals and awesome sellers that can be found there. People should just look at feedback before they decide who to buy from. Ebay is just too good a source of great laser stuff to be called a bad place to buy from.

Thanks, I see what you mean. I'll take it off the list. But I hope people are aware that most people who write the Ebay feedback don't have an LMP, and a first time laser buyer could easily think that a 100mW laser is 200mW...

The thread has been officially re-done for the VB format.
now it doesn't look terrible any more! :D

93shad

ebay is a good place to buy bad lasers.
i did buy one of these ebay lasers, a 100mw. it was actualy only a 70mw lol.
it seemed like a nice laser until it STOPPED working :X
idk, maybe there are a few good 5mw lasers, but i will stick with the good brands

I belive that. :D just look at my sig...
rolleyes.gif

93shad

ha ha ha. so true. u can get alot of mW out of a crummy ir diode and have bad beam divergence.
whatev tho

hey, i'm currently thinking about buying a 5MW green from ebay. Before you say "its going to be bad quality" i've made sure it's good enough lol. I'm not saying that eBay is good for buying lasers though, I'm sure, as has already been said, that Ebay isn't that great for buying lasers over 5mW. The only reason I'm buying from eBay is due to the annoying newish laws in Australia: all handheld lasers greater than 1mW are banned :(
Hopefully it will get through :D
Does anyone here live in Australia and have gotten a green laser through customs? Also, I've heard that some people have had theirs seized and then received a letter saying they've now got a record; is this true? Lol one of my friends actually ordered a few 100mW green lasers and only just found out about the laws. Doubt they will get through though haha. So does anyone know if there are any fines/records associated with having your lasers seized in customs in Australia? Thanks

Sergiu

Well i dont know about other WickedLasers, but the CORE is a good laser :shhh:

The WL Core is probably the only Ebay laser I would recommend, but if you find another good one, go for it! Actually, the Core and Lyra are probably the only two 5mW lasers I would recommend...

Quality China Goods? I don't know where it would fit in the list, as I haven't bought from them yet.

Hey, thank you for the guide! my question is if the O-Like is very good? i want to buy 50 or 100mW please reply.

Hey, thank you for the guide! my question is if the O-Like is very good? i want to buy 50 or 100mW please reply.

O-like is VERY good. Probably the best customer service out there. But didn't I say that in the guide...?