Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$9 Wf-501b host/heatsink combo

Pman

Moh, let me be the first o say thanks for the heat-sinks that came today;) I almost sent you a PM saying you sent me too many (I am a VERY honest person) but looked back and saw that I had ordered 4 of them;) My mind is going....

Before I forget, everyone be careful when you break out the host clear piece as I totally thought it was plastic and it is actually glass. I'm so used to hosts coming with plastic ones I was quite surprised when I broke a hole in it and it was all glass shards. I tried to spin it out first but it was tight.

Totally understand about the stock and $. Really wish you the best in all of this. I'll be back for more stuff my friend:)

Pete

Last edited:

Yea I pounded two of them out before realizing they were just theaded in- that glass is surprisingly strong. You can imagine how smart I felt after that. Had my self a good "HURRR DURRR" moment, just glad no one else was home :D

Hi I remove mine with a internal external ring pliers with the bent tips.
These internal/ external bent tip ring pliers work like it was made to do that great tool. And you don't have to be GI Joe with the Kung fu grip either.

Last edited:
i stick a knife between the threads and bend the corner of the ring inwards, then i grip that part to get enough leverage to unscrew it.

Last edited:

gif

Hopefully I will get my package today.....eagerly waiting :)

Any idea when you will have the pills in stock? I put together a 501 by dremeling the anodizing off the threads/bottom of the heatsink to get a ground connection, but it's not ideal and takes time.

should be tomorrow. My package is floating around somewhere in missouri right now.

gif

got my package yesterday, everything looking good.

one question though to Moh and others. In the middle body of the host (where batteries go) there is some kind of black plastic piece with metal in the middle? what is that suppose to be used for? in my other Wf-501b host (not from Moh) this middle body of the host there is nothing there.

I am a bit confused about this piece.

Thanks
gif

got my package yesterday, everything looking good.

one question though to Moh and others. In the middle body of the host (where batteries go) there is some kind of black plastic piece with metal in the middle? what is that suppose to be used for? in my other Wf-501b host (not from Moh) this middle body of the host there is nothing there.

I am a bit confused about this piece.

Thanks
gif

It's just a contact for the battery.
For some reason, some hosts have them, and some don't.
They're just black plastic rings that are press fit in.
You can put something in the battery tube and pop it out of the top.

for that ring, i recommend you try on an angle and then push one side up and pull out with pliers. Great host btw!