Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8x speed Blu-Ray burner

iewed said:
Has the "knot" in the 6X power chart been found yet?

I don't believe anyone's done any real testing that would jeopardize the life of their 6x diodes... I do seem to recall though, Gooeygus saying he accidentally fried one at 280mA or so.

I can't wait to watch you guys start another "club" with these... Just have to wonder if these will be more powerful than the 803t's enough that it justifies 10x the price...

Wouldn't it be a kick in the pants to find out these have the same diodes as the 6x's but are just being driven harder?

Artix said:
Somebody should start an 8x GB!

Uhmmm...

You're joking right?

These A: Don't go on sale for another month, B: Will only be sold in Japan, and C: Will not cost significantly less unless you can find more than 1000 people who want one... and I'm not sure you can find a thousand people willing to spend ~$350 on a laser that's likely not significantly better than an 803t.

I'm still nervous about the 8x thing. I just have a feeling that the diodes may not be much more powerful. We've already seen how much higher to 6x diodes can go than they're (most likely) pushing them. Only one way to find out though!!!! I'm buying one as soon as I see one for sale :D :D

artix

pseudolobster said:
[quote author=Artix link=1217203762/0#4 date=1217217876]Somebody should start an 8x GB!

Uhmmm...

You're joking right?

These A: Don't go on sale for another month, B: Will only be sold in Japan, and C: Will not cost significantly less unless you can find more than 1000 people who want one... and I'm not sure you can find a thousand people willing to spend ~$350 on a laser that's likely not significantly better than an 803t.[/quote]

OK, never mind...

lam3

Well, the price will evidently drop. I actually think 380 for a BR drive isn't too bad. DVD recorders were expensive at release as well.

Plus, there will probably be some people who are going to make an 8x BR laser.

lam3 said:
Well, the price will evidently drop. I actually think 380 for a BR drive isn't too bad. DVD recorders were expensive at release as well.

Plus, there will probably be some people who are going to make an 8x BR laser.

I'll make one for sure :D

IgorT

GooeyGus said:
I'll make one for sure  :D

Make sure you buy two at the same time, so we save a little on shipping.. ;)

Otherwise, $380 isn't really that much, considering i paid ~$350 for my 6x (because of all the shipping and PP fees), so.. Damn. Should i have waited a month?  ::)

6x's are open canned long diodes right? i was thinking of joining the 6x club... but hell, looks like i may get a chance at Vice President of the 8x club... hehe.

GGus ---

Right on guy --- I lost about $750 joining the 6x club ;D
Carry on !!!

Mike

TheGr8Revealing said:
6x's are open canned long diodes right? i was thinking of joining the 6x club... but hell, looks like i may get a chance at Vice President of the 8x club... hehe.
I've never messed with a 6x before, but I'm pretty sure they are regular ol' closed cans.