Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7 Color + 0.5 WATT White Laser Burner! - Interest?

Re: 7 Color + 0.5 WATT White Laser Burner! - Inter

That multi-color pointer is probably the greatest idea I've seen in a while! It would be a bit costly to develop, and a custom beam combining system would most likely have to be fabricated, but if you could make it work you could sell those for as much as $5000-10000 depending on what market you're playing to.. Awesome!

Now all you have to do is make it work!!

Benm

The beam combining is likely to be the hardest part. I should be doable with 2 dichro's, but getting that aligned in such a confined space would be a nightmare - and keeping it that way for mobile use a construction chanllenge at best ;)

Given the cost of the whole shebang, custom milling a complete housing would probably be the way to go.

GooeyGus said:

Damn beat me to it :)

Just some more info on that laser though, the guy who made it, customs fabricated all optical components, a huge undertaking. It could be done with a simple mirror+ dichro combo, just getting into a portable config with any sort of decent alignment that will stay white past a couple of yards would be just like rkcstr said a nightmare. But at the same time it would be insanelly cool if completed. So if you are serious about the project, keep us in the loop! Oh and the ratio for "white" is around 1:2:4 G:B:R if you make it G:V:R the violet will have to be pretty powerful, not to mention the extremely wide beam of the violet and as a consequence low energy density requiring even more power to achieve a white beam.

However Igor's new lenses which reduce beam diameter dramatically would really help the problem of beam energy density, making a "cheap" white much "easier" to complete.

brtaman said:
However Igor's new lenses which reduce beam diameter dramatically would really help the problem of beam energy density, making a "cheap" white much "easier" to complete.

hmm?? What new lens is this?

So who would be interested in dichro sets for building your own RGBR laser?

I've been talking with the guy who made the 'white' laser in the video, and while he didn't confirm anything at all, I have a feeling that if there is enough interest he just might sell a complete optics set to build this laser. It would include all the dichros needed to combine colors, etc etc...

GooeyGus said:

I've been talking with the guy who made the 'white' laser in the video, and while he didn't confirm anything at all, I have a feeling that if there is enough interest he just might sell a complete optics set to build this laser. It would include all the dichros needed to combine colors, etc etc...
i thought he used beam spliters

GooeyGus said:

You can get some "dichros" out of the 4x/6x sled. <-- the one in front of the red diode passes red/green and reflects violet. I also found that the 45 degree reflector in the 803T will reflect red/violet and pass green. ;) I should have my white laser pointer done soon! It will be about this big --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfpxWSaXy4

I almost have all the parts I need to build this but its not gonna be easy. :-/

--hydro15

I should have my white laser pointer done soon!

Drawings are now complete.... the build starts as soon as I have a couple of days off work ;)

Looking a bit like a race :)

Regards rog8811

the optics used in the video were all custom cut dichros specifically for this project. They didn't come out of any sled or anything like that. They have the perfect coatings the each laser and are cut to fit.

I'm making a white (RGV) laser too, using sled optics. This will be like a labby, not too challenging, just so I can play with it :)

RGV3-1-1.jpg

*Throwing ideas around*

GooeyGus said:
the optics used in the video were all custom cut dichros specifically for this project. They didn't come out of any sled or anything like that. They have the perfect coatings the each laser and are cut to fit.

I also have dichros... The one that reflects blue/green and passes red sure passes a lot of blu-ray. :-/ I'm going to use these cause there smaller, cheaper and better then the ones i have.

--hydro15

i'll have some optics for sale pretty soon (like lab quality dichros except like $20-30 cheaper) so sit tight :)

MarioMaster said:
i'll have some optics for sale pretty soon (like lab quality dichros except like $20-30 cheaper) so sit tight :)

Cool. :cool: The dichro I have for passing green and reflecting blue works great for blu-ray but the other one does not.

--hydro15