Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7.1W 450nm Gravity power Adjustment Maglight OLED screen, TEMP, Current ++

RDTech

:wave:I had an Idea to make a laser differently. So, I was happy to purchase a Silver maglight From Jayrob. Very Large air cooled / finned aluminum heatsink. As nobody has purchased it I had a chance to erradicate bugs and got the output to 7.1W.. Interested? Make me an offer, cash/partial trades welsome..
What I did different was to put a 80MHz ARM processor, dual Color OLED & Multiple sensors INSIDE the Laser.
--Relative Output Power
--Laser Assembly Temperature
--Actual Current draw
LaserMag (8).JPG
https://youtu.be/U1HLLiozblE
Twist the laser CW to increase (step) laser output, CCW to decrease. I have not added any cool / odd focus ring, but will attach a ring for focusing.

2 - 32650 Batteries included.
. CHANGED PRICE to $450 OBO
Thank you all so much for you kind words and accolades on the laser. I really do want to sell it though . I will go down $100 and ship it free (priority) in the lower 48 states.

As stated, I will be happy to help build "similar sub systems" for others

LaserMag (16).JPG

LaserMag (13).JPG

LaserMag (3).JPG

LaserMag (1).JPG
Some Video Attached.
https://youtu.be/U1HLLiozblE
E-mail questions.

Last edited:

Re: Sale: 6.3W 450nm Maglight OLED screen, Gravity power Adjustment. $650 Look at th

another amazing Object de Art--

PM coming

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: Sale: 6.3W 450nm Maglight OLED screen, Gravity power Adjustment. $650 Look at th

Fantastic project, I love the twist for variable power feature!
:gj: +rep!

Last edited:
Re: 6.35W 450nm Maglight OLED screen, Gravity power Adjustment - Multiple Sensors & C

Very interesting!

How do you measure output power? Using a pre-computed table of P vs. I?

Is it true analog current control or PWM?

Re: 6.35W 450nm Maglight OLED screen, Gravity power Adjustment - Multiple Sensors & C

Hi,
Speechless all i can say is Epic.... Wow awesome build RDT.
+ Rep if i can..Yes i can Good luck Buddy

Rich:)

That is a one of a kind, what diode is going in it?

RDTech

The output reading is linear (like a look up table). The output from the Accelerometer after being fed into and processed is sent to a DAC (digital to analog) converter and right to the analog input of the driver. It is real analog, not PWM. Never had much luck with PWM..

I considered using other axis of the accelerometer to make the laser "SHUT off" or down to 5mW, probably off when pointed at increasing up/down angles.

Its all software.. Open book.

Hardware limited to inside area available.

I believe it is a NUBM44 6W Diode...

M

Last edited:

+rep, thanks!

Would you mind posting what DAC and driver you used? I've been wanting to do something like this with an Arduino but never got around finding a good way to do analog current control.

RDTech

I do not remember which one. It was a 12bit SPI very small Analog or Microchip one. I wrote it in c so I really do not have library.

OK, thanks!

RDTech

Reading your post again, you asked about the driver too? Right?

Simple current control with microprocessor. Easy to control mosfets so they output bias current, then add to / subtract the current with the accelerometer input.

RDTech

Thank you all so much for you kind words and accolades on the laser. I really do want to sell it though . I will go down $100 and ship it free (priority) in the lower 48 states.

As stated, I will be happy to help build "similar sub systems" for others

M

Last edited:
Re: 6.35W 450nm Gravity power Adjustment Maglight OLED screen, - Multiple Sensors &

How could anyone not +rep this post? This is amazing work!

RDTech

Re: 6.35W 450nm Gravity power Adjustment Maglight OLED screen, - Multiple Sensors &

THANK you ever so much..! The weird thing is I should have been done with this almost 7 months ago. Being disabled, I get projects in my head, purchase Parts , build stuff, program microprocessors, FORGET most of it, where it is, how I programmed it and sometimes what parts I used to do it. Then one day I remember, "crap", I have this thing I'm building and get it done in an hour (If I dont hurt too much). It then takes hours if not days to debug and refine it. Im always thinking "WHAT ELSE can I add" No more space without having a "flexible Mylar PCB made)

Anyway

Thanks

jayrob

Woe that's cool how you turn it to change the output power...

Nice job!!! :cool:

Mitch is constantly amazing me with his unique builds-aside from Tunedcavity (Joe in Toranto) Mitch's builds are 'one-ofs' built completely from scratch-met with Mitch twice while in Florida picked up a sweet 405 burner he made from a VERY nice security camera host-- sadly it was 'stolen' from me...hak